Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Judai » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 am

But if Keydar uses the mouse to turn, how does he click on rend...Er... Mutilate?

Edit: First on 2nd page :D
Last edited by Judai on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judai

Postby Soboph » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 am

I use keyboard/mouse to turn but in raid I use only keyboard to move.

But i don't understand ; in the comic Gigz says that she changed her directions, she was using arrows before? :lol:

Soboph

Postby Lanthroviel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 am

Soboph wrote:I use keyboard/mouse to turn but in raid I use only keyboard to move.

But i don't understand ; in the comic Gigz says that she changed her directions, she was using arrows before? :lol:

I think the "new" applied to "dance" rather than "direction" ;)

As for me, WASD powa (or rather ZQSD here).I always use them, sometimes I even strafe with them (when you keep right clicking) and sometimes I even use the mouse to move (left+right clic).
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Sounnikoura » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 am

Gigz looking at me is rather... creepy.
Sounnikoura

Postby AaronOfMpls » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 am

I usually steer with the mouse and use either W and S (new habit) or the arrow keys (old habit I'm moving away from) to move forward and backward. Sometimes I'll use the mouse to move forward, but not for very long, since holding both buttons is a bit tiring on my hand.

Lanthroviel wrote:well, with the arrows, you don't have acess to Q and E which allow you to move sideways...As well as all the spell shortcut, the space button to jump, and other cool stuff.(if you're using your other hand for the mouse ofc).

Good point -- it's why I've been shifting from the arrow keys to W and S. I also rebound my F-keys to the other left action bar (I don't party much and I use auto self-target), so I'm near those, too.

Endevin wrote:Having played plenty of shooters prior to WoW, having A and D turn was quite awkward, so I rebound A and D to strafe left and right pretty much immediately. Later on, I realized Q and E were freed up, so I started binding skills to them.

Hmm, I might try that some time.
~ But it's got spam in it! ~

Wowpedia -- Aaron's toons
AaronOfMpls

Postby Arcazua » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Is it inconsistent to say it's not ok to use arrows, but it is ok to use WASD? Hasn't the general message given by mouse-turners been that keyboard turning is too slow, and therefore it doesn't matter which key you're using or how reachable it is?

Personally, I use whatever's most convenient at the time. My right hand hops back and forth between mouse and KB constantly, so I think nothing of using any of the three options.
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby Judai » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

AaronOfMpls wrote:Sometimes I'll use the mouse to move forward, but not for very long, since holding both buttons is a bit tiring on my hand.

U know u can bind an Auto-run button? I have a 3 buttoned mouse, and its got a button at the side that goes back 1 page on the internet, and auto runs in WoW
Judai

Postby Sounnikoura » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Arcazua wrote:Is it inconsistent to say it's not ok to use arrows, but it is ok to use WASD? Hasn't the general message given by mouse-turners been that keyboard turning is too slow, and therefore it doesn't matter which key you're using or how reachable it is?

I think it's about movement more than turning.
Sounnikoura

Postby Keydar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Arcazua wrote:Is it inconsistent to say it's not ok to use arrows, but it is ok to use WASD? Hasn't the general message given by mouse-turners been that keyboard turning is too slow, and therefore it doesn't matter which key you're using or how reachable it is?

Personally, I use whatever's most convenient at the time. My right hand hops back and forth between mouse and KB constantly, so I think nothing of using any of the three options.

Arc, mouse turning isn't rocket surgery :P. You still use movement keys (WASD) when you mouse turn. A and D strafe when you use the mouse. Its not like you just put both hands on the mouse and flail it around wildly in the vain hope that your character will get anywhere.

Most of my skills were bound to the keys surrounding WASD (q,e,f,g,h,z,x,1234 etc), so I personally never found it convenient to use the arrow keys. You might as well just use click to move at that point.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Rocket...

Surgery...

That sounds pretty awesome

also now im gonna play by putting both hands on the mouse and flailing around wildly

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Judai » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Keydar wrote:Most of my skills were bound to the keys surrounding WASD (q,e,f,g,h,z,x,1234 etc), so I personally never found it convenient to use the arrow keys. You might as well just use click to move at that point.

Pro players don't use Key bindings :o
Judai

Postby Judai » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:38 pm

judgement14 wrote:Rocket...

Surgery...

also now im gonna play by putting both hands on the mouse and flailing around wildly

Don't do it, Chuck Norris will come and round house u for finding his secret to beating WoW
Judai

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Round house me?

also Keydar is the one who found it

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Surgery...

http://failblog.org/2009/05/27/rocket-science-fail/
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Keydar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:

Surgery...

http://failblog.org/2009/05/27/rocket-science-fail/

I think fail blogs failure to recognize irony is ironic.
Keydar
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics