204

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby kozom1234 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 am

Lanthroviel wrote:
kozom1234 wrote:amazing as always, and i wondered the same question for people who speak other languages, they think in the language so i guess you'd only understand pictures they think of :wink:


Actually, methinks it would be more, it depend of the part of the minds.
I'm no biologist,so I just theorize but I know that the brain work using some sort of electric signals between it and the body.I don't know how that work with Imagination,or Memory, but Emotions, Perception or Will, for example, don't need any language to be felt/exerced.So I guess the only restriction to exactly "read" these, is having the same anatomy, so the same element concerned would act the same way.Then again, you can't really "read" this, you just end up redoing the process on yourself, which is kinda impractical, so I guess it's why we only see the "memory", "imagination" and "thought" part in the medias...
I need to check that on TV tropes...



Edit:Duh, of course : Mind Reading = Telepathy,what I'm talking about is Twin telepathy. I think too much on useless stuff >>.


well, since machines can monitor brain activity and even determine what certain signals indicate, i'd say people who had telepathy would be able to the same.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

Image
User avatar
kozom1234
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 am
Location: Somewhere far too cold.

Postby vergil77 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:07 am

judgement14 wrote:well it could just be some trees in the grassy area of Dalaran
he could have been caught in a foresty area and just sent to dal prison


Notice that the first background is same as this in the window of cell. And there are no big trees in Dalaran. Anyway, I wasn't very serious, nobody cares about such details :P.

well, since machines can monitor brain activity and even determine what certain signals indicate, i'd say people who had telepathy would be able to the same.


Machines can monitor simple thoughts like "I'm hungry" or "I feel bad", which don't require language, so I think we couldn't understand more complex thoughts, like planing, etc.
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby Lanthroviel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:30 am

vergil77 wrote:
judgement14 wrote:well it could just be some trees in the grassy area of Dalaran
he could have been caught in a foresty area and just sent to dal prison


Notice that the first background is same as this in the window of cell. And there are no big trees in Dalaran. Anyway, I wasn't very serious, nobody cares about such details :P.

well, since machines can monitor brain activity and even determine what certain signals indicate, i'd say people who had telepathy would be able to the same.


Machines can monitor simple thoughts like "I'm hungry" or "I feel bad", which don't require language, so I think we couldn't understand more complex thoughts, like planing, etc.


But these aren't thought then,rather emotions, no?
Don't thought indeed require any sort of language to be?(And, when there's no language, it's simply instinct?)

Damn, I need to go back in philosophy class ><.
Web... Web has changed....
User avatar
Lanthroviel
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: Internet

Postby vergil77 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 am

Um... nope, emotions are happiness, sadness, hatred, etc. *Hunger* is a feeling, but "I'm hungry" is a simple thought.

Don't thought indeed require any sort of language to be?(And, when there's no language, it's simply instinct?)


If you think "oh no, it's Friday tommorow and I didn't study for chemistry exam!" you have to use some sort of language, don't you?
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby Lanthroviel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 am

vergil77 wrote:Um... nope, emotions are happiness, sadness, hatred, etc. *Hunger* is a feeling, but "I'm hungry" is a simple thought.


Ach, yeah, feeling for hunger, but I don't see where you put this "I'm hungry".Someone stating somehow that he's hungry in his head will think of it in a language no?

If you think "oh no, it's Friday tommorow and I didn't study for chemistry exam!" you have to use some sort of language, don't you?

Well yeah.

But I neither have the level nor the right place to talk about that.Especially since it still a debatable subject...
(but do you have a link about this machine?)
Web... Web has changed....
User avatar
Lanthroviel
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: Internet

Postby vergil77 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 am

Lanthroviel wrote:Ach, yeah, feeling for hunger, but I don't see where you put this "I'm hungry".Someone stating somehow that he's hungry in his head will think of it in a language no?


Well, little babies that can't talk yet can think "I'm hungry so i need to eat something". Of course, it won't be in form of a sentence, I just didn't find better way to show what I mean.
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby Lanthroviel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:47 am

vergil77 wrote:
Lanthroviel wrote:Ach, yeah, feeling for hunger, but I don't see where you put this "I'm hungry".Someone stating somehow that he's hungry in his head will think of it in a language no?


Well, little babies that can't talk yet can think "I'm hungry so i need to eat something". Of course, it won't be in form of a sentence, I just didn't find better way to show what I mean.


But are they really thinking?Do they really have the concept of eating to fill hunger, or do they just do it in response of their feelings?For example, if they put something in their mouth, then spit out because it tastes bad, do they actually think that since it have a bad taste, it's bad for their body, or do they simply react to the taste they feel?

Again, the more I'm searching about that, the more I see it's still theory.
So again, if you have a link about this machine I'd like to see it ^^.


Maybe I'm just wrong about my definition of thought...(it doesn't help that "think" in english, regroup 3 different words that we use in french ><)
Web... Web has changed....
User avatar
Lanthroviel
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: Internet

Postby Alcest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:47 pm

vergil77 wrote:Wait a minute... the prison was situated in Dalaran, so why there's a forest outside? Someone here is lazy and doesn't want to draw multiple backgrounds :D


Who said it was in Dalaran? O.o;

PS: Virgil, you have yet to answer my question on "better Mage cooking" in a previous thread :D
User avatar
Alcest
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:52 am
Location: Trapped somewhere in the confines of my messed up head

Postby vergil77 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Who said it was in Dalaran? O.o;


Look at the comic #200. The place around Krom's prison greatly resembles surroundings of entrance to Underbelly.

PS: Virgil, you have yet to answer my question on "better Mage cooking" in a previous thread


As far as I remember I already answered.
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby jettom » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 am

made me chuckle.. especially when i did read the title of the book^^
User avatar
jettom
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am
Location: Send.. help.. captured.. Krom.. mean.. violation..help..please..

Postby X-Cross » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 am

Good question actually :P.
X-Cross
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Previous

Return to DL comics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests