Discuss anything about DLC

Re: 308

Postby Dabloxxer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Keydar wrote:
Zeruku wrote:no wait... does that mean krom is leaving????

No, he just needs someone else to share the load. :P

Wait...
Isn't that what tanks are for? :mrgreen:
Life lessons:
1 "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
2 "Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonade is gonna suck."
3 "If you dont find some water and some ice, your lemomade will still suck."
Dabloxxer

Postby will5639 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 am

hahaha. personally I think the first text suits more in the, inside-joke sort of way. Anyone who's ever lead knows being stripped of raid leading responsibility is a reward, not a punishment :mrgreen:
will5639

Postby Tarjei » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 am

Keydar wrote:I changed the text in the final panel to be a bit less ambiguous...

Why, oh why did you change it? The original one was so much wittier! To reflect the amount of my disapproval I had to create a forum account just to /cry about it. (Long overdue though, great comic!)

To put this into perspective: It's like the modern Blizzard way of looking at things. If the Donalds of the world don't get it - it needs to be changed. It doesn't matter if the original charm and entertainment-factor of the subject in question drops to zero as long as everyone (starting with a goldfish) is able to share in the now-dull result.

Umm... I didn't mean to sound so bitchy, but that's kinda just my way of showing my disapproval for artists changing their art for the sake of public approval. :)
Keep up the good work!
Tarjei

Postby Keydar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Tarjei wrote:
Keydar wrote:I changed the text in the final panel to be a bit less ambiguous...

Why, oh why did you change it? The original one was so much wittier! To reflect the amount of my disapproval I had to create a forum account just to /cry about it. (Long overdue though, great comic!)

To put this into perspective: It's like the modern Blizzard way of looking at things. If the Donalds of the world don't get it - it needs to be changed. It doesn't matter if the original charm and entertainment-factor of the subject in question drops to zero as long as everyone (starting with a goldfish) is able to share in the now-dull result.

Umm... I didn't mean to sound so bitchy, but that's kinda just my way of showing my disapproval for artists changing their art for the sake of public approval. :)
Keep up the good work!

I actually like the new one better (I wouldn't have changed it if I thought it took anything away from the comic).

Also, I don't think making the comic easier to understand will always take something away from it. I mean, I could have had no words for the last panel, and just made you guess. Something obscure is not automatically better. The problem I had with the old version specifically, is that it could imply the exact opposite of the intent of the comic. Someone assuming she got demoted would see this comic as waaaay too serious, almost like I'm trying to make some kind of overly melodramatic theme about loss or pain or... who knows?

But I appreciate your point, and the fact that you care enough about the idea to post here :).
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Arxos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Cekie wrote:Btw why does Krom have the body of a woman?
:D

I registered just for this.
Cannot unsee.
Arxos

Postby LadyJosephine » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 am

Poor Nyte ...they wont even let me into Raids in my guild ....
LadyJosephine

Postby Cocopowa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 pm

As Tarjei, I preferred the first version, I laughed my a*s off for like 20mn, it became immediately my favorite.
Too bad so much people got it wrong so you had to change it. :(
I 'm ashamed to post here for the first time just to complain :oops: I LOVE DL comics, each sunday i hope you post the new one early enough so i don't have to wait until the next morning (I'm French, so it often happen :cry: , it also explain my poorly elaborated language and my grammar mistakes :mrgreen: )
Thank you so much for everything, may the internet be with your comics :D
Cocopowa

Postby skoglol » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:33 pm

I can safely say that anyone who misunderstood the first version has never been a raid leader. :lol: Personally, I liked it better.
skoglol

Previous

Return to DL comics