Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 361

Postby chaoscurtis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm

I sorta quit retail before 4.3 went live ...
Is the rrf as horrific as I think it is?

I've long since retired from retail, but I'll keep this sig up as a memento to the fun I had there.
chaoscurtis

Postby The Great JT » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah, pretty much spot on. You do get some people who have something resembling consideration, but they're way too far and few between.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Joefesok » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm

And that's why it's LFR-

Looking For Retards
Joefesok

Postby Zoma » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Damn, as soon as I saw LFR, I was hoping for an Elegon platform joke.
Zoma

Postby Stravagante » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 am

...so, is Donald a hyper-idiot.. or at some half-way point between idiot and normal player; representing some strange link between the two?

And then.. erm, I went on a little rant about WoW rp. Then realized I had nowhere to put it but here. Should really have chucked it in some spoiler tags, but they don't exist on this forum it would appear.

Also, ever tried to roleplay around someone like a Llelgolas? Pretty hard, as it happens. Even harder to actually insult them, for some reason.. they just vomit up random facts from their "lel epic bakstory" and listen to the voices in their head, I swear. No matter how you casually insult their character's mother, abuse the /rolleyes command or start making your character gouge out his eardrums. The number of times that.. look, maybe an example would help.

Say I'm playing a dwarf. I'm on an RP server, in the normal RP areas.. drinkin' a beer and reading a book. Providing an opening for someone to say, ask me what I'm reading. Or drinking. Or if the slavering spider lurking under the tree outside is mine. I've baited my hooks and cast them into the universe for a bite.
Level.. 10-20 guy walks in without a word, without fail and sits next to me.
"i'm a demon, dont tell any one." or something. First thing they say. Always happens. Wearing their quest greens, not even trying for an rp set. Bonus points if they are using some level 1 gear still. Always happens.

Who the f*ck would actually do that? Who? There's no sane person out there who would. There's no role out there to play as, aside from 'bad roleplayer' which acts so.
Or even worse, just belting out their race/class. Because I'd never have guessed you were a frickin' Draenei. Thought you were a Gnome, get out! At least the demon-sorcerer-hybrid-exile-drag queen-superhero is trying. There's some vague hope then.. sort of.
Okay, not really. But in theory there's a smidgen of a glimmer of hope.

And yet the next day, I went and sat down, start tinkering with a gun and hope that someone will take a roleplay hook with a brain between their oft-pointy ears.
Anyway, that's why I stopped roleplaying on EU Moonglade.
I could only have two hundred and fifty five characters and so I thought to myself: Why not fill it up to obtain all use out of it as I can? So that is precisely what I did, with no rhyme or reason, the entire sig exists purely to exist for it's own sake.
Stravagante

Postby Sweetfang » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 am

Remember, Donald used to be a raid leader back in the day... Forget which comic #.

-Sweetfang
Sweetfang

Postby Alcest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

HAH! That's awesome XD LFR is full of them Donalds!

PS: Keydar, panel 4, Krom's Tabard icon color :)
Alcest

Location: Trapped somewhere in the confines of my messed up head

Return to DL comics