Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 443

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:33 pm

It's funny because roleplaying in World of Warcraft really sucks and is totally dependent on the player while everyone else (and Blizzard, if their lack of support for it/lack of policing on RP realms, Moon Guard notwithstanding) laughs at them.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Doc Lithius » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

I was going to rebutt you, JT, but... no. That's pretty accurate.

I used to be part of the Dramatis Personae a while back. (I guess I still am.) While it was incredibly fun and all, we did have to kind of follow the flow of whatever Blizzard wrote out. Which basically meant doing the normal quests, but in much more imaginative ways. For example, I had a gnome warlock once. This warlock was very secretive and always kept his summoned demons cloaked as normal pets. Even when he joined a group who wanted to restore Gnomeregan to its former glory, he kept his warlock powers hidden away, claiming he was a "fire mage". ... you have no idea how difficult it is to effectively do Vanilla Gnomeregan with a fire-only Warlock. But I digress.

It really is a lot of fun, but honestly, there's several things I wish Blizzard would do to encourage roleplaying. Like allowing people to join the Argent Dawn officially, or making more unique greens to disguise weapons as. (That Blood Elf sword you get early on is sadly a White, so it can't be used for transmogrification purposes... which sucks, since my Blood Elf Paladin's sword is "a family heirloom".) Little things like that would make roleplaying all the more interesting... but I guess would also lead to people complaining more. I dunno...

On the topic of the comic, that's abusing the system, Giz! You must have had a super-cool GM answer though. When I filed an "I accidentally sold/destroying this" report one time, the very polite and very friendly GM just kind of went, "Sorry, I can't restore items you've done away with. Nice try, though! ;)"
Visit my website! It's chalk full of me-ness!
-=( http://kmc.sprites-inc.co.uk/ )=-
Doc Lithius

Postby Hiyorin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Really? Most roleplayers never do quests in character. At least not that I have met. And I've met a few thousand. Very rarely do anyone do quests or other gameplay things in character. We provide our own entertainment, since Blizz do not provide it for us. <3

OT: I once sold my weapon, then got it back, then sold my armor. I then had to wait a entire month without armor. It was.. Painful.
Hiyorin

Postby Vilianda_EU » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 am

This one was awesome again, please keep up the great work.
Oh look, a signature!
Vilianda_EU

Postby DarkPrisma » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:41 am

is there maybe a hint to the naxx-trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RiJG96t0do
the part "by the time I realized" sounds like "that such power, have a price" in the naxx trailer :)
DarkPrisma

Postby Arkane5 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Well, good job on surprising me, I was expecting the "gods" to put her in charge of Donald, or the clones.
That end was pretty nice.

I never roleplayed on my own, but I always tried to make an effort when somebody was trying to initiate some roleplay, and it was quite funny.
Of course it wouldn't work because of the crappy names of my toons... (e.g: "Mytheal", which has the same pronunciation as "missile" in French).
Arkane5

Return to DL comics