Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun May 06, 2018 9:13 am

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 631

Postby Pancakes » Sun May 06, 2018 4:16 pm

At least he got into the beta test...
rip me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)\_ _/(ツ)_/¯ _/(ツ)\_ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)\_ _/(ツ)_/¯ _/(ツ)\_ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)\_ _/(ツ)_/¯ _/(ツ)\_ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)\_ _/(ツ)_/¯ _/(ツ)\_
Pancakes

Postby Joseph Collins » Sun May 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Eeyup-ah. That's about right, from what I remember.

… from being a part of the v2.3.0 test realm.
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-
Joseph Collins

Location: US, NA, Earth, Sol, Prime Dimension?  Formerly known as: "Doc Lithius"

Postby Nacmar » Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am

First of all... Anduin sucks. Always has... always will. :/

And the only Beta I ever got an invite to was Mists.
I must have made over 10 pandas to run/re-run the starting zone areas/quests. I actually spent so much time troubleshooting the starting zone and transition to the Horde/Alliance capitals, that I never made it to Pandaria to test the quests/dungeons/raids there.

I remember quite a few starting zone quests that Beta folks got stuck on because the instructions were either incomplete/unclear or the Mario-type jumping hoops were a bit too difficult for some people. I remember sitting my panda on the side of the bridge in the pole-fight/bell-ring/crane-frog-pond area instructing frustrated Beta folks on how to complete the quests and asking them to report their issues in the Beta forums.

The nice thing was, by re-running and observing other players in the Beta starting zone, you could actually see Blizz implementing changes and tweaks to address the reported issues. Blizz was -definitely- more responsive to Beta feedback back then... at least where it pertained to the starter zone. Although a few bugs still remained (the glitch on the dragon fight quest forcing some folks to drop the quest and have to re-start it for example), many of the unclear or overly difficult quests were ironed out by live launch. Blizz really seemed to care about the quality of their product back then...
Nacmar

Return to DL comics