Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Jurn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:46 pm

not really cause it was kinda told months before even beta arrived , so we where prepared

at least the paladins that keep up with the facts

Jurn

Postby Choppermad » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 am

Jurn wrote:not really cause it was kinda told months before even beta arrived , so we where prepared

at least the paladins that keep up with the facts

Yeah well i'm a warrior, i'm the type of person that knows my class sucks in pvp but is needed for raiding. All i do is tank... i'm responsible for nothing else... not even my own personal safety, thats the priests job.
Choppermad

Postby Zealia » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:30 am

Choppermad wrote:
Yeah well i'm a warrior, i'm the type of person that knows my class sucks in pvp but is needed for raiding. All i do is tank... i'm responsible for nothing else... not even my own personal safety, thats the priests job.

/slap

your mindset is bad, chances are that priest is healing you, them self and 5 other people... i certainly hope you don't bitch at them when you die, personaly if you bitched at me for letting you die, id purposly let you die every single time
:?
Zealia
DL Guild Member

Postby Blooddragoon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:52 am

Zealia wrote:
Choppermad wrote:

/slap

your mindset is bad, chances are that priest is healing you, them self and 5 other people... i certainly hope you don't bitch at them when you die, personaly if you bitched at me for letting you die, id purposly let you die every single time
:?

Claiming that the warrior sucks at pvp is an incorrect statement right there. How i was pre-bc was pretty much killing any individual i came across. Now that bc has come and my gear lacks the bite it used to, you have to realize until we're geared as we were we'll have to sit in the backseat until we can work our way back up.

And that priest that lets you die, deserves a /slap. Shouldn't be taking heals of the mt if you know he won't live without em.
Blooddragoon

Postby Krom » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:38 am

I think of anyone in a raid the tank is most responsible for his/her own personal safety. The thing that separates good warriors from bad ones is obviously positioning, mitigating and threating. If you can do those 3 things you're a good warrior. The best warriors are the ones that also will live through most fights because they know when to use their self saves.

A great warrior won't die where a good warrior would. Shield Wall, Last Stand, Healthstone, Health Pot, Fel Blossom, Whipper Root Tuber, Nightmare Seed, etc.. there's plenty of ways to live for a far longer time than you should've been able to with those things.

- Krom
Krom

Postby Jurn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 am

idd a warrior should allways try to keep him self alive and not depend on healers, i mean a GM could pop up slay all healer despawn and then the warrior should have shieldwall/lifegiving gem ready :)

Jurn

Postby Zealia » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:58 pm

a guild whose maintank depends completely on healers to keep them alive and doesn't make use of their class abilities is going to have a very bad time getting through new encounters

and as for the if the mt dies the raid dies, that is true but our mt is my bro and he doesn't tend to piss me off, but i don't hesitate to let others die if they piss me off :twisted:
Zealia
DL Guild Member

Postby Beebz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Zealia wrote:i don't hesitate to let others die if they piss me off :twisted:

I will remember that when priest gear awards are being decided! :twisted:
Beebz
DL Guild Tyrant

Postby Zonack » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Didnt understood this one... explain pretty pls? :cry:
There are some things that all the courage in the world cannot stand against.
Zonack

Postby Zonack » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Nvm... got it :P
There are some things that all the courage in the world cannot stand against.
Zonack

Postby Zealia » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:13 pm

Beebz wrote:
Zealia wrote:i don't hesitate to let others die if they piss me off :twisted:

I will remember that when priest gear awards are being decided! :twisted:

OMG beebz speaks! it must be a full moon :?
Zealia
DL Guild Member

Postby Choppermad » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm

Krom wrote:I think of anyone in a raid the tank is most responsible for his/her own personal safety. The thing that separates good warriors from bad ones is obviously positioning, mitigating and threating. If you can do those 3 things you're a good warrior. The best warriors are the ones that also will live through most fights because they know when to use their self saves.

A great warrior won't die where a good warrior would. Shield Wall, Last Stand, Healthstone, Health Pot, Fel Blossom, Whipper Root Tuber, Nightmare Seed, etc.. there's plenty of ways to live for a far longer time than you should've been able to with those things.

- Krom

I don't get to be any of that in raiding, all our tank spots were lapped up while i was with my lady troll
I have to be dps, BORING!
for most tank and spank mobs all i'll be doing is standing next to them mashing my kill the world buttons.</vent>
On the plus side i'll be able to do things on my own outside of raiding. plus i get to mash things with my new Axe, it drop off an air elemental in Netherstorm. 2k white crits ftw.
/Target <random gnome without sexy Miji combover>
/grin
I'm so happy. Jesus happy.

Edit:
/slap

Confused

Nah i love tanking really my fave part of being a warrior.

Imagine yourself in Azeroth/Outland and you're a tank, first of all you have a group of 39/24 pressuring you to attack a big scary monster
if i was in the shoes of a warrior, yeah i'd give it a shot. i'd attack and take some heavy injuries but i'm in the safe hands of healers
but imagine thise fights that go on for ages, take Nefarian for instance, he's laying some heavy beats on you but you're getting healed. after 5 minute or so of malicious wounding and healing it'd start to take it's toll on me mentally and i'd probably fall to my knee's screaming "WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE!" with mages in the background cursing and swearing cos they lost all there gold to a warlock betting how long it'd take me to crack.
dunno quite where i'm headed with this, just one of the random thoughts that enter your brain at 4am in the morning. You know the kind.

~Chop~
Choppermad

Postby Zealia » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:39 pm

just so you know when you are tanking in outland instances, some of them are very very hard on healers, painfully hard... like stuff where everyone in the raid loses 2k health in 1 hit while the tank is still losing 2k health per hit which is about 2 seconds apart, and you are chaincasting gheal to try keep them alive while healing the tank every 2nd gheal and everyone else on the off heals, while! most of the time there is something coming after you aswell :? i hate outland instances so much while im healing

i need to reroll a mage or something.....
Zealia
DL Guild Member

Postby Jurn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 pm

heroic instances is fun with trash critting 4k on tier 3 geared warriors :|

Jurn

Postby Venia » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:23 am

Your tank shouldn't be getting crit. A lot of warriors these days I've noticed are busy humping high-stamina gear, which only gets so far.

Quite often my own gear has less stamina than other tanks - however - I have more defense, parry, and dodge than the others. This results in the little blue words in SCT (Parry/Block/Dodge) coming up far more often. It also means that odds of me getting crit in tanking gear are near zero. I've been told by countless healers that I'm 'easy' to heal as my mitigation is high - I don't require as much spamheal.

Not to mention that your warriors should be looking at replacing T3. I'm pretty sure there's a few better bits and pieces lying around - I know the only bit of my old armourkit I have left is my Wrath helmet (That I want GONE!).

.... Anyway, how this topic got onto tanking I durno. Generally whats been said has been good and sensible, but takes time and skill to learn. Also, one thing on Krom's list that was missing (Positioning/Mitigation/Threat) was Priority. More often than not in TBC instances you can be handling 5+ mobs at once, and at least one is BOUND to run off somewhere. A good tank knows what mobs to pick up, when, and who from.

More often than once I've let some cloth-wearing healermob get 'tanked' by a rogue while I peel some melee-nasty off a healer. It sounds like common sense, but I've seen too many tanks panic and mix priorities up.

and as for the if the mt dies the raid dies, that is true but our mt is my bro and he doesn't tend to piss me off, but i don't hesitate to let others die if they piss me off

Not entirely true. On Chromaggus, for example, I've leapt in at the last 10% after our MT died and tanked the last parts of the fight in DPS gear. If your MT dies and the raid wipes - slap your other warriors and let them know they should ALWAYS be prepared to tank.
Venia

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics