Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Shade » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:19 am

vemynal wrote:
Zaragor wrote:
Krom wrote:To some extent, Pally aggro is still essentially based on mana pool. Paladins are by far the best for holding aggro on multiple mobs, especially demons and undead (Followed by druids, then warriors). Since Pallies also get mana back when healed, they can generate a fair amount of threat before going dry (and can almost never go out of mana on fights which require alot of healing).

Main abilities are Seal of Righteousness/Command, Judgement of Righteousness/Command, Consecration, Holy Shield, Retribution Aura and Avengers Shield. Two abilities are AE (one requires ranged), 2 Abilities are reactive (mob must be hitting you) and Seals/Judgements which are your bread and butter. Plus Paladins have a taunt now which taunts up to 3 (I think!?) mobs on to you.

There's even decent Paladin tanking gear out there now with Stam, MP5 and Defense on it.

You forget the new seal, Seal of Vengeance. It's AMAZING for tanking. It's a stackable DOT that does holy damage and the judge hits for around 900 with barely 250 spelldmg. That surely generates alot of aggro. Imo, Seal of Command isn't worth it when tanking, since it's proc based and seal of righteousness has more overall damage when using 1H.
I also noticed you forgot Redoubt and more importantly, Reckoning and Blessing of Sanctuary. Reckoning makes sure you hit alot more, and each hit can proc seals. Dedoubt makes you more likely to block, and therefore do holy damage through Holy shield and Blessing of Sanctuary. This is especially nice against multiple mobs. However, both redoubt and reckoning depends on the mob hitting you, so it can be unreliable.

Paladins tanking gear is named "of the crusade", and includes def, spelldmg and int. Imo, it should be sta instead of int, and I would have used it. Spelldamage is more important than mp/5, since most of our aggro comes from the holy damage we deal. In raids, our mana will almost never go down, and if it does, a druid should innervate us.

Personally, for pure tanking, I would go something like this: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

OR

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Imo, weapon expertise is simply a waste of talent points, since it's benefits arn't that great. Reckoning is a MUST for tankadins as it makes you able to quickly stack SoV on a target or do alot of damage through SoR. 10% more damage through 1H weapon is even more of a waste, since our threat comes from holy damage, and normal damage is simply a waste. A difficult choise is between int or str. Str gives you more blocked, while int gives you more mana and more crit chance with spells, which means more aggro. Personally, I like int better than str, but I may be wrong here.

What is most fun as a paladin tank is to tank 3 mobs, then when low on HP, I turn on my bubble and taunt. This will ensure I still have aggro for ~3 sec while having 100% damage mitigation.

Paladins ARE better tanks for multiple mobs, due to our holy damage abilities. Paladin prot talents are no longer based on our opponents ability to crit, only to hit you, which means faster-hitting (or multiple ones) or mobs with DOT attacks will be far easier to tank. See redoubt, holy shield and reckoning for more details.

Paladins have problems tanking many casters, especially those that mana drains or silences. These mobs will be better off tanked by a druid or warrior. Paladin might also have better damage mitigation, since against certain fast-hitting mobs or mobs with undispellable dots, we basically have almost a constant +60% chance to block their attacks, which is more than a normal warrior.

im horde :P i dont get SoV i get SoB

Seal of Vengeance deals 600dmg after using judgement, with 250dmg on gear it wont hit ~900 :P its because 600+250 = 850, but u forget that this seal receives only 43% of your total +dmg bonus, so with 250 dmg buff on your gear ull deal 600+ 43%*250 = 707,5 dmg :P well, world would be toooooo beautiful if Blizz made that seal get 100% of your +dmg bonus :P
Shade

Postby Gnermo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:31 am

Offtopic whores ftl! :(
Gnermo

Postby Zaragor » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Shade wrote:
vemynal wrote:
Zaragor wrote:
Krom wrote:To some extent, Pally aggro is still essentially based on mana pool. Paladins are by far the best for holding aggro on multiple mobs, especially demons and undead (Followed by druids, then warriors). Since Pallies also get mana back when healed, they can generate a fair amount of threat before going dry (and can almost never go out of mana on fights which require alot of healing).

Main abilities are Seal of Righteousness/Command, Judgement of Righteousness/Command, Consecration, Holy Shield, Retribution Aura and Avengers Shield. Two abilities are AE (one requires ranged), 2 Abilities are reactive (mob must be hitting you) and Seals/Judgements which are your bread and butter. Plus Paladins have a taunt now which taunts up to 3 (I think!?) mobs on to you.

There's even decent Paladin tanking gear out there now with Stam, MP5 and Defense on it.

You forget the new seal, Seal of Vengeance. It's AMAZING for tanking. It's a stackable DOT that does holy damage and the judge hits for around 900 with barely 250 spelldmg. That surely generates alot of aggro. Imo, Seal of Command isn't worth it when tanking, since it's proc based and seal of righteousness has more overall damage when using 1H.
I also noticed you forgot Redoubt and more importantly, Reckoning and Blessing of Sanctuary. Reckoning makes sure you hit alot more, and each hit can proc seals. Dedoubt makes you more likely to block, and therefore do holy damage through Holy shield and Blessing of Sanctuary. This is especially nice against multiple mobs. However, both redoubt and reckoning depends on the mob hitting you, so it can be unreliable.

Paladins tanking gear is named "of the crusade", and includes def, spelldmg and int. Imo, it should be sta instead of int, and I would have used it. Spelldamage is more important than mp/5, since most of our aggro comes from the holy damage we deal. In raids, our mana will almost never go down, and if it does, a druid should innervate us.

Personally, for pure tanking, I would go something like this: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

OR

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Imo, weapon expertise is simply a waste of talent points, since it's benefits arn't that great. Reckoning is a MUST for tankadins as it makes you able to quickly stack SoV on a target or do alot of damage through SoR. 10% more damage through 1H weapon is even more of a waste, since our threat comes from holy damage, and normal damage is simply a waste. A difficult choise is between int or str. Str gives you more blocked, while int gives you more mana and more crit chance with spells, which means more aggro. Personally, I like int better than str, but I may be wrong here.

What is most fun as a paladin tank is to tank 3 mobs, then when low on HP, I turn on my bubble and taunt. This will ensure I still have aggro for ~3 sec while having 100% damage mitigation.

Paladins ARE better tanks for multiple mobs, due to our holy damage abilities. Paladin prot talents are no longer based on our opponents ability to crit, only to hit you, which means faster-hitting (or multiple ones) or mobs with DOT attacks will be far easier to tank. See redoubt, holy shield and reckoning for more details.

Paladins have problems tanking many casters, especially those that mana drains or silences. These mobs will be better off tanked by a druid or warrior. Paladin might also have better damage mitigation, since against certain fast-hitting mobs or mobs with undispellable dots, we basically have almost a constant +60% chance to block their attacks, which is more than a normal warrior.

im horde :P i dont get SoV i get SoB

Seal of Vengeance deals 600dmg after using judgement, with 250dmg on gear it wont hit ~900 :P its because 600+250 = 850, but u forget that this seal receives only 43% of your total +dmg bonus, so with 250 dmg buff on your gear ull deal 600+ 43%*250 = 707,5 dmg :P well, world would be toooooo beautiful if Blizz made that seal get 100% of your +dmg bonus :P

Judgement of the Crusader? :p +approx 240 holydmg. But I had about 290 spelldmg on my gear. So it adds up to approx 900 :D
<IMMUNE!>
Max damage done within 6 sec stun: 9756
BUFF PALADIN DPS!
Zaragor

Previous

Return to DL comics