Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:05 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Mandarin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 pm

haha nice one :)
I really do hate gold sellers >.< but they have nicely filled up my ignore list :Þ

Play on Eonar (horde) and Emerald Dream (alliance)
Mandarin

Postby Ballarus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:53 pm

It's useless to ignore them, because you'll never be spammed by the same name twice. They use the free 10 day passes and make a new gibberish name each time they start spamming.
Ballarus

Postby Tingles » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm

They're only out there, selling gold, because some people actually buy it, imo - everyone should quit buying the gold, then those lousy spammers will shut the fuck up.

But that's a dream that'll never come true.
Tingles

Postby Feyth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:04 pm

damn, he's so right with the rp-server-thing. xD
Feyth

Postby Folgrim » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Great. Gotta love RP.
It's because the speed of light is greater than the speed of sound that idiots appear brilliant before saying something stupid.
Folgrim

Postby Mandarin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Ballarus wrote:It's useless to ignore them, because you'll never be spammed by the same name twice. They use the free 10 day passes and make a new gibberish name each time they start spamming.

Well yes... and no...
yes... you are right ignoring the /w gold sellers is next to pointless
no... there are the gold sellers that spam /s and /2 etc in the main cities for ages... they... get blocked :) point and case proven, thank you.

Play on Eonar (horde) and Emerald Dream (alliance)
Mandarin

Postby vokzhen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Gold sellers who actually role-play are kinda funny to read :P

EDIT: If gold were that cheap on my server and I actually had money I might not complain >.> Of course, gold spammers are still annoying as hell. I assume they resulted from the Armory and being able more effectively pick up all kinda of names? Cuz I don't remember ones that actually whispered you before a couple months ago.
vokzhen

Postby taojin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:03 pm

They've always whispered. They just script a /who and with lvl60 and above, then /w every single one of em, something like that.

ontopic: Excelletn comic! I laughed out loud for that line "You're breaking the fourth wall" hahaha. :D
taojin

Postby Kandoo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:07 pm

breaking the fourth wall? sorry I dont understand :(

<---- Doesn't rp :P
Can't wait for BC to come out. Dragons breath here I come!
Kandoo

Postby pulch » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 pm

If they're spamming via tell, and don't get caught quickly enough, I *have* had the same one, with the same name, send me more than one tell. An ignore would have stopped the second one.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/SpamSentry is what I use to help deal with them...

And while reading the comic, I was initially concerned that the guy was gonna flash them, not spamming them. :)
pulch

Postby Amant » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:10 pm

I have never spent time on a RP server because my head would explode. Simmilar to Krom did without a helmet on mars.

Another thing is the fourth-wall refers to the theater where a stage has four walls. Three of these are physical and the fourth is the one where people acutally view the performance. When an actor says something to the audience or refers to the audience they are said to be breaking the fourth wall.

I had to look it up few months ago for another comic strip where the term was repeatitive.
Amant Lvl 70 BE Mage
<Dragon Tiger Gate>
Pron
Amant

Postby rvbtucker » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 pm

My server is Emerald Dream, a RPvP server. And the only RP I ever see is in Goldshire. And that RP is....icky....

great comic though, made me lol
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Amant » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Please describe this "Icky"

One reason I would find an RP server a bit "unholy" would be when I am in an instance. There is something along the lines of:

Regular Server, "All right, let's pull that mob."

RP server, "DIE YOU VILE DEMON FOR THE LIGHT COMMANDS THAT YOUR EVIL WAY BE PUNISHED!!!"

Yeah, thats not my scene.........

If you were wondering, I have sat behind someone doing SM Arm on an RP server so I know that that stuff can happen.

I play DnD every Friday with a too large group of people, about 20-30 in three or so different groups, and the actually RP imo sucks. What I want is a good old fashion dungeon crawl.

But there are times when I want to try an PvP-RP server, just to try something different and see if I can hold my sanity.
Amant Lvl 70 BE Mage
<Dragon Tiger Gate>
Pron
Amant

Postby Yoshura » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:35 pm

I play on an RP server (Feathermoon). Theres no RP unless you look for RP, or join a Heavy-RPing guild

Instance runs are about the same experience as those on non-RP servers...

The only difference i find, is that there are less AOL kiddies on RP servers, although there is the occasional AOLer or l33t speaker.

good comic!
Yoshura

Next

Return to DL comics