I have partied with Donald.

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby nazgol » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 pm

That remembers me of my last guild.
we were on our way to kill attumen, when a rat popped out from the next room!
A rogue went stright away backstabbing the rat, and pulled 2 groups of horses and men while we were on 0 mana and wiped half our raid.
Those who survived ran out :lol:
nazgol

Postby The Great JT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 pm

So what, is this thread a "bitch about guys who act like Donald" thread? I can hang.

So I'm doing Shadow Labyrinth. The party was...

Level 70 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy-spec, Yours Truly. As always, I always know what I'm supposed to do: spam Flash of Light like it was an unofficial HOT.)
Level 70 Tauren Hunter (Did his job perfectly. His cat pet ended up being the off-tank.)
Level 70 Troll Shaman (Enhancement-spec, knew exactly how to do his job.)
Level 69 Blood Elf Rogue (Shadowstep rogue, but really slow. NOT the Donald.)
Level 70 Orc Warrior (The Donald. Had about as much of a clue as a retarded private eye.)

At first we were moving like frozen snails. Once we got up to around Hellmaw, we picked up the pace slightly, but our retard rogue stood right in Hellmaw's path about halfway into the room and we had to start the fight while the shaman had about half mana. Somehow, we survived. THEN things started to unravel like a ball of cheap string. We killed the Shivvaran (the four-armed sword-wielding demon), then the tank stupidly pulled the mob the rogue sapped. We wiped because A: The tank couldn't hold agro, and B: an assassin popped out at our hunter and took him down pretty fast. Did it again, pulled a different mob, killed 2 and wiped. Third time's the charm, right? Wrong. Rogue sapped one of the mobs, the tank pulls the wrong group and we wipe. At this point, I'm thinking FTS and I bail.

By the way, "FTS" means "fuck this shit".

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby lib3rator » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:27 pm

tbh the only reason i cleared sl was a t6 warrior. our druid tank was wearing 1-2 cloth items and our healer was sleeping >>
lib3rator

Postby Azúmí » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:23 pm

In my BT/MH gear i had a blue priest whispering me "I've been in Kara before you even joined WoW" while i had offered to help out a friend with her Kara as her guild had started out a few weeks before and was stuck on their tank getting oneshotted at prince Phase 2, so i joined the raid and was whispered underway the Princekill because i were bossing them a little into the right positions and locations. Tsk tsk.
What she didn't know is i've played it for roughly 3½ years now and have had every single class lvl 70 and been raiding with it except a hunter..... Tsk tsk..

There really are clueless people out there, and i honestly think it'll only take a mentor for them to understand sometimes.
Azúmí

Postby lib3rator » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

look mommy i'm raiding and i rock.
lib3rator

Postby Cass » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:37 am

lib3rator wrote:look mommy i'm raiding and i rock.

/snicker

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Shadostriker » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:03 am

This hunter used his melee 100% of the time because his "Bow sucked really bad." :?

His Melee was bad too!
Shadostriker

Postby The Great JT » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Shadostriker wrote:This hunter used his melee 100% of the time because his "Bow sucked really bad." :?

His Melee was bad too!

Think he was Survival-spec?

The Great JT

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:44 am

have a new Donald!

it happened a few moments ago in fact! Clearly its late and i am in no mood for stupid people in a group when i want to sleep. I may have over reacted not sure... but i really don't care.

ok we are in Ramps

61 holy priest <--Me

61 shadow priest <-- VERY good at what she does and we frequently group together

64 Warrior <-- had bad equipment and kinda slow to pull aggro but still a passible player

59 Rogue <-- I don't know i didn't pay much attn to him at all so must have been average (he did unlock the chest for us though!)

and the moment you have all been waiting for the donald of the group:
62 hunter <-- was wearing healing spec armor when the instance started (int stam and spirit)

For most of the instance the hunter was not an issue the warrior was able to pull everyone and the priest was able to DPS the crap out of them. the first sign of his donaldish ways happened when an awesome pair of cloth pants fell. of course he needed them. his answer to everyone's "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" was simply its for the stats! I have to heal my pet! As the groups healer i was personally shocked and offended. The next time We saw a donald like behavior was when we pulled too many mobs next to the first boss. Everyone was fighting extremely hard and thank god i had a huge mana pot to prevent everyone from wiping. as we were getting our health and man back up i get a whisper from my priest friend, "did you see what the hunter was doing during the fight?" apparently while we were holding back all of the mobs the hunter had sent his pet into the fight and began to loot the bodies as we were killing them. At this point i was very pissed so i did what any person would do in my shoes.... i became the female night-elf version of Krom. (a complete ass)
lucky for me someone had to use the bathroom... this game me enough time to macro a few good old Krom quotes to my action bar. (Die in a Fire was acutaly quite humorous when we fought against the dragon and killed his pet in one blow)

My priest friend who also looks at DL comics was cracking up the entire time and actually made it difficult to finish cause we were laughing so hard. joke was on us though when a staff dropped with 35 int and 35 stam with bonus healing of 49, he needed and he won. I already had the staff, but the entire reason i did this instance was to help my priest friend get this staff (12-15% drop rate)
Last edited by Lt. Kool-Aid on Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Suztang » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:58 am

ive had someone similar to what kool-aid had posted but this guy was a mage he would loot bodies while we were killing them. the warlock i was with pointed it out first and the mage got defensive. from this point on he started sheeping mobs AFTER i had already attacked them and started blaming me for f**king up the group (i think to get attention off himself) we told him i he starts anymore promblems hes out (worst mistake ever) his response to that was needing the next blue drop and hearthing out in the middle of the fight...... :x
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Shadostriker » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:43 am

The Great JT wrote:Think he was Survival-spec?

No. Trueshot aura and Aimed Shot tilt me towards Marksman...
Shadostriker

Postby The Great JT » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 am

Great Ceaser's toast, that's not just being a Donald, that's being a ninja!

The Great JT

Postby Frioz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Strangely enough I do not have that many "Donal moments". People have been telling me I get really lucky with the pugs I get. I got my entire key frag for kara by just pugging it. Also the 208 badges sitting my bank are mostly from pugs (ran kara once by a pug hehe since my guild stop doing it a long time ago and did not need any loot from there, mostly badges). I do not really mind wiping since I usually do pugs when I'm really.. extremely bored and I do not mind or gets me wiping.

Or when I'm taking my happy pills since I dislocated my toe recently, baseball ftw!
Frioz

Postby Galero » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Haha, unfortunately, I'm full of "fun" Donald stories. For instance, there was the time I (a 70 Holy Pally) was healing for some guildies in regular Underbog, with a warrior tank who had never equipped a ranged weapon in his life. Or the time I tried running Shadow Labyrinth with not one, but two prot-specced warriors who were dual wielding.

Though the best series of Donald stories starts with the time in Black Morass when I was getting Kara keyed in a PuG, and the rogue who was there for the same thing prematurely started the event while we were clearing the trash, then insisted on tagging adds even when the T5-geared lock who was nice enough to come help us out told him time and again to stick on the elites and leave the adds to her. After we wiped and he was asked whether he was even reading party chat, he answered, "No." After much arguing, he finally understood what he needed to do, the lock replaced the Kara/ZA-geared hunter we had that got fed up and left, and we completed it without too terribly much trouble.

Then, my guild's Kara run that week got canceled, so I found a PuG to join to begin getting experience on some of the fights. It turned out to be a real good PuG, dropping every boss except Shade, Nightbane, and Netherspite (skipped since we didn't have much time before people had to leave), but halfway through, one of our dps had to leave, and who was brought in? Yepp, the same rogue from BM. On Curator, he was almost never on flares even though he was told repeatedly over WoW chat (*gags*) to stay on them (fortunately the rest of our dps could handle them), and on Prince, he got one-shot almost immediately because he didn't give the tank time to build aggro, so we essentially downed him nine-manned. Good times. ^^
Galero

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:46 am

I would put another story about a mage in VC, but i think you guys get the idea that my server is full of morons.

i shall write no more in this thread.... it depresses me
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics