I have partied with Donald.

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Kodykahn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:37 am

jettom wrote:I hate dk tanks, always ends with the best dps dead(usually me).. did VH, had to take off 50% of my gear to not overthreat :( but now that i got Shadowmeld, no need for that :twisted:

I find that HIGHLY offensive, I'll have you know the only time your ever going to pull off MY dk in an instance is if your pulling 5k+ dps, due to lack of raid gear, or I am sick X-x, you just haven't found a DK tank that knows what their doing obviously ~_~
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby jurnag12 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:12 am

*Starts a death knight*
*Learns Raise Ally*
*Ressurects the thread*
This threat deserves to stay alive, damnit!
EVIL BARACK OBAMA SEZ GTFO
jurnag12

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:04 pm

jurnag12 wrote:*Starts a death knight*
*Learns Raise Ally*
*Ressurects the thread*
This threat deserves to stay alive, damnit!

what
Raptorbane

Postby Liquidrock » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 am

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Liquidrock

Postby dokhidamo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Gombol wrote:Reminds me of a kara run...main tank pulled with everyone with no mana...

Same person i was stuck with in the highest instance in coilfang (cant remember name) he pulled...no-one was ready...straight after...pulled again with the healer oom and me and the mage on 30%....

That's not surprising, tanks are notorious for pulling immediately if no one says they need mana.
dokhidamo

Postby Lialena » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:45 pm

I know a few Donalds on my server and I had the horrible privallage of raiding with some of them. Gonna mention a few, without names(who know's Donalds read this stuff O.O)

Donald 1 -
Class: Priest - I knew this dude since leveling my first toon. 15 year old kid, heals terriblely and doesn't know his class well as he gems wrongly. Isn't raid aware either. If you party with him healing, half the party would die on a boss
Biggest flop: did 2k heals on Dreamwalker .....as holy

Donald 2 -
Class: Hunter - I knew this dude in IRL. He's a big jerk who loves to bully workers and thinks he's smart, even though he's not. Things are topsy turvy in WoW world, as I bully him :P. He once gemed AP as SV and he pulled 1.8k dps on H FoS and his gear was like 5kGS(eventhough I hate GS but just to let you have a picture of his gear).
Biggest Donald moment: ICC 10, I had the random privillage of partying with him again >.< , on my alt. A tank saw him meleeing Marrogowar in FRONT of the boss. His dps was shit too, we down Marrow, but the group just decided to kick him. I loled :lol:

Donald 3 -
Class: I know it's the same dude and he has lots of alts, so here it goes.......Dk, Pally, Hunter, Druid. He can't play a single one well too. He's known as a bad on the server. Several times, he failed to tank ToGC 10 and ICC. My guildie said, it took 2 hours just to clear first wing of ICC 10 in a group that 'Donald' put together and my guilde ended up leading the group instead.
Biggest lol: My prevoius GM thought he was a tank when his dps was below the tank on a Patchwerk weekly(he wasn't badly geared too)
Lialena

Postby Akamaru » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 am

I think Corki from outland [i]IS[/i] donald.
Its Troll season everybody!
Akamaru

Postby Epicuris » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 am

I've certainly met many Donald's throughout my traverses across Azeroth but it was sometime during Naxxaramus (Wrath) that I met the greatest of them all.

As I'm sure most of you know 25 man PuGs can be full of "interesting" players to say the least. If the Raid Lead isn't very scrupulous on checking gear then you can end up with very bad players. This was one of those times.

Our Donald today was a Death Knight like myself, although blood specc'd (I was unholy). Meeting a bad DK isn't very uncommon, as I'm sure you all would agree, which has caused the reputation of the DK class to be one of the most unheralded in the game. It's unfortunate too because the DK class is not only fun to play and despite many people's assumptions (who haven't rolled DK), challenging as well.

I didn't really notice how bad this guy was until we hit the Spider Boss (Maxxena I think is its name). At that time I perused through recount to see how my fellow pugs were doing and noticed Donald's name at the bottom. 700 dps in a 5 man environment at 80 is a travesty, but this was 25 man with full buffs. Somehow Donald managed to accomplish a near impossible task of getting less dps then many players could accomplish with white swings alone. In fact 70% of his dps was white swings and according to his damage distribution he had not only done damage with Heart Strike (the bread and butter of Blood DKs) but with Blood Strike as well! He couldn't even make the excuse that he had forgotten to change his bars after respeccing! He was using both! It was completely absurd.

But the story doesn't end there. Donald randomly had 1 point in the DK parry talent and 1 point in dodge. It wasn't as if he could say "I'm in a tanking spec and don't have the gold to switch". There was just one point in each, almost as if he thought to himself "well I need to make sure I'm specc'd into everything.. with at least one point to make myself well rounded". Badly rounded is a better way of putting it.

As you can imagine his gear choices must have been awful, after all if a player has no clue how to dps or to spec, then there's little reason to believe they will have any clue on how to gear up. Your assumptions are correct but more than likely you've underestimated how bad it was. I certainly underestimated the magnitude of his folly. He had mail gear with int and even more egregious an error, NO SIGIL. I think I was quite literally stunned when I discovered his sigiless gear state. Every dk has a sigil. How can you not? You quite literally are forced to do the quest that gives you one. Even people who have NO clue what they're doing have a sigil.

By this time I had gotten passed the point of being angry at having to carry another terribad player and was actually quite amused. I whispered him, inquiring about his sigiless toon and he responded by saying "I vendored it because I didn't know what it was for". I'm sure that 7 copper he got for vendoring the item must have gone a long way! (all the DK starter gear was only worth a couple copper). Meanwhile throughout the entirity of the raid he would randomly do /yell "I NEED TO SEE THE LICH!" or "I AM COMING TO KILL THE LICH". Nevermind the fact that Wrath had been out all of a month and a half, and not even Ulduar much less Icecrown had been released yet.

Donald finally got the boot after he rolled and "won" mail int gear off of Maxxena and demanded the raid leader give him what was rightfully his. I was almost disappointed that my traverses with the greatest Donald of them all had to come to an end.

Till this day I wonder if he had somehow turned everything around and in fact killed "THE LICH" whom he made very clear to the raid he was very much at odds with. Perhaps he's now on one of the top guilds in the world today, farming Heroic LK in 25 man and every once in a while reminiscing back to his early days as a DK, chuckling to himself at how badly it had all started.
Epicuris

Postby Yatta » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 pm

A note before I start, I main a mage.

Now one of my favorite moments was when I was tanking on my warrior in H DTK. There was an arcane mage in our group that was doing HORRIBLY. Normally I'd say something. Depending on my mood it could be anywhere from, "Are you fucking retarded?" to "What rotation are you using" (with intent to help). This time, I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, period. That is, until to my surprise, he ASKED for advice.

Shocked at the will to learn, I decided to help my fellow mage out. I merely told him his rotation (Arcane blast x4 > Arcane Missles). I also told him as he got better gear he'd be able to afford more than 4 arcane blasts if missle barrage didn't proc after 4.

Now, here's where Donald comes in. He's a rogue and he insists that I just let the mage learn how to play on his own. I'm like, "Uh, dude... He asked for help and you're getting butt hurt because I helped him?". He just keeps bouncing around his own words, while I keep pointing out to him that the mage actually ASKED for help.

But apparently, it is best to learn your class all by yourself without any help from others. I guess Donald (the rogue) likes everyone around him to also be Donalds so he has company while he wallows in his own stupidity.
Yatta

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Yatta wrote:A note before I start, I main a mage.

Now one of my favorite moments was when I was tanking on my warrior in H DTK. There was an arcane mage in our group that was doing HORRIBLY. Normally I'd say something. Depending on my mood it could be anywhere from, "Are you fucking retarded?" to "What rotation are you using" (with intent to help). This time, I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, period. That is, until to my surprise, he ASKED for advice.

Shocked at the will to learn, I decided to help my fellow mage out. I merely told him his rotation (Arcane blast x4 > Arcane Missles). I also told him as he got better gear he'd be able to afford more than 4 arcane blasts if missle barrage didn't proc after 4.

Now, here's where Donald comes in. He's a rogue and he insists that I just let the mage learn how to play on his own. I'm like, "Uh, dude... He asked for help and you're getting butt hurt because I helped him?". He just keeps bouncing around his own words, while I keep pointing out to him that the mage actually ASKED for help.

But apparently, it is best to learn your class all by yourself without any help from others. I guess Donald (the rogue) likes everyone around him to also be Donalds so he has company while he wallows in his own stupidity.

Was the rogue doing terribly?

If Y, he's doing a great job of taking his own advice!

If N, he got helped.
Raptorbane

Postby Kujis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 am

I think Donald has many DK alts. From my experience, every fifth Death Knight that joins a pug is mentally challenged

Sometime ago a DK tank joined a random heroic, and he attempted to tank it with unholy presence, making us wipe again and again. When suggested to change into a tanking presence, he kept saying "what are frost presence"

He also kept running into wrong directions and had no idea where the bosses are. He also didnt use death and decay at all. Recount told auto attack and blood boil were the only attacks used, with the occasional death strike. /facepalm

Funny part is there was a hunter in the same group and his top 3 attacks were auto-attack, melee and arcane shot in that order. He didnt even have a pet. :roll:
Kujis

Postby Ghost467 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 am

Is Donald an actual person? Or is the the mentality that all horrible raiders have?
Ghost467

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:39 am

Ghost467 wrote:Is Donald an actual person? Or is the the mentality that all horrible raiders have?

Donald is not an actual person. He's just the Keydar-Comic representation of every mouth-breathing, keyboard-turning, hurp de durp in WoW.
Raptorbane

Postby Ghost467 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am

Raptorbane wrote:
Ghost467 wrote:Is Donald an actual person? Or is the the mentality that all horrible raiders have?

Donald is not an actual person. He's just the Keydar-Comic representation of every mouth-breathing, keyboard-turning, hurp de durp in WoW.

Thats one mystery solved, what happened to your other avatar and where is it from? The one where its the 3 women with fake mustaches.
Ghost467

Postby Ghost467 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Wait, this, is a discovery, Budd Nedreck, is based off of, Donald...

Proof!
Ghost467

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics