Where is Krom and Gigzara in WoW?

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Krom » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:25 am

Arcazua wrote:I don't think it takes skill to do that, zohar.

Two questions as a result of this thread:

1) I was not aware of hunter's mark or any other debuffs helping pets scale. It is not an effect of your own, and as such your stats do not scale toward it. AFAIK, it only is considered when your actual attacks take place. (Ruk, I'd love to hear it if you know otherwise.)

2) Krom, why is troll a bad choice for hunter? Looking at current racials, if I had to choose a line-up, I would think that would be the one I would want. Maybe the pet damage from Command is nice, but so is 1% crit if you've got a bow. (I understand that's a big if.) I guess Command outdoes Throwing Spec for a BM hunter, but for us surv folks, I'd rather take 1% crit! Toss in a triggered haste effect and bonus damage if you're fighting a beast....at the very least, I can't say that stun/knockback resistance and +axes is somehow meaningful at all to a hunter. Maybe to a tank and an enh shaman, respectively.

Most math says that Bloodfury gives you more than Berserking, without even considering Command vs. 1% crit. If you could consistently get a 30% haste out of berserking (so, using only at low health) I think it would be slightly better overall.

I'd say it's a toss up between Troll and Orc, leaning slightly to Orc for SV. It's definitely Orc for BM, as Command is a very very noticeable DPS boost since our pets do so much more damage. Plus bloodfury also buffs pets + combination with BW + trinkets + etc for great burst.

As BM I find there are several points where I simply have too much haste and I end up in a 1:2 rotation or something similar. Berserking, at that point, becomes more situational. Bloodfury always has full effect, on the other hand and you get even more benefit for stacking it. The only difference being you have to be careful when you use it, cause Mortal Striking yourself... :roll:

Edit: To better Illustrate the effect of Command.
Last week, myself and one of our rogues had a competition to see who could do the most damage across a full BT + KJ clear. I ended up losing by 63k damage (although I did win Full BT, he just out did me on KJ :cry:).

My ravager, Krom, did roughly 2 million damage across the night. If I had been an Orc, from command alone Krom would've done an additional 100k damage, not even considering the benefit he would've received from Bloodfury.

Krom WWS
Full WWS

Edit 2: The reason he won is we had an impartial ruling that Illidari Council wasn't allowed to count since the rogue in question had to do interrupts.
Krom

Postby Esoth » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Arcazua wrote:I don't think it takes skill to do that, zohar.

Two questions as a result of this thread:

1) I was not aware of hunter's mark or any other debuffs helping pets scale. It is not an effect of your own, and as such your stats do not scale toward it. AFAIK, it only is considered when your actual attacks take place. (Ruk, I'd love to hear it if you know otherwise.)

2) Krom, why is troll a bad choice for hunter? Looking at current racials, if I had to choose a line-up, I would think that would be the one I would want. Maybe the pet damage from Command is nice, but so is 1% crit if you've got a bow. (I understand that's a big if.) I guess Command outdoes Throwing Spec for a BM hunter, but for us surv folks, I'd rather take 1% crit! Toss in a triggered haste effect and bonus damage if you're fighting a beast....at the very least, I can't say that stun/knockback resistance and +axes is somehow meaningful at all to a hunter. Maybe to a tank and an enh shaman, respectively.

1) I had originally thought, for some reason, that Cheeky's showed my effective AP (including hunter's mark) as being applied to the pet's scaled power. I was surprised at this, and as it turns out, Cheeky's does not show this. For everything I've looked at, it's only the paper doll stats that get translated into pet melee/spell damage, and lightning breath is further nerfed from this if you have a wind serpent (although still more personal dps than any other pet with enough crit)
Esoth

Postby Knaxia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Lanthroviel wrote:Here she is , lvl 70 night elf priest, in lightbringer , US server :P

The first time I checked it, I saw a 21/0/0 build.. so I registered wanting to post to see if anyone else noticed ... I just finally got access and I checked back and I see a 41/0/0 build instead....

yet for some reason, the profile is always updated, is the armory just being screwing up or Gigz is changing spec too much? (see http://www.darklegacycomics.com/95.html )
Knaxia

Postby Mysteria » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:22 am

i know why theres no Gigzara..just type Dolores Mctush in Armory and yall see ^^
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Previous

Return to DL comics