Stonemaker Argument

Discuss anything about DLC

Stonemaker Argument

Postby Keydar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:18 am

Since shit is still broken I figure I'll show you guys something I've been working on on the side for a few months now just for fun.

Doing comics only about wow can get tiring after a while so I started another webcomic on the side (before you freak out it isn't a DLC replacement) but its pretty bizarre and more science based (It was mostly meant for some friends).

I don't update it often, but if you like it, you can read it, if you don't, you don't have to :P.

www.stonemakerargument.com
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby cookiemanyay » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:08 pm

love all the retarded gnomes stabbing each other for a rock <3
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby none140 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:33 pm

hehehe

I kinda like it
none140
Banned

Postby Lanthroviel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:06 pm

So that's where dr noodle come from! :P

I liked them, although it takes me 3 times longer to read AND translate in my head AND understand :P.
The second onz is really funny ^^ but i don't fully understand your explanation in the first one.

(by the way, wtf "spooning" mean? i see this terminology all the time and can't find a good translation, 'xcept for spoon , as an ustensil.)

And poor Max, it's my first name so i've pity for him :lol:
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Rathyl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:13 pm

I had a lot of fun reading these, especially because they are so exhaustive when trying to go to school for Biology and hearing all that stuff or studying it too many times to count.

Lanthroviel wrote:So that's where dr noodle come from! :P

I liked them, although it takes me 3 times longer to read AND translate in my head AND understand :P.
The second onz is really funny ^^ but i don't fully understand your explanation in the first one.

(by the way, wtf "spooning" mean? i see this terminology all the time and can't find a good translation, 'xcept for spoon , as an ustensil.)

And poor Max, it's my first name so i've pity for him :lol:

The first one is basically the common arguement is that we say a watch, as complex as it is, must be made by a person to exist. As such, humans are so complicated they must be made by a higher power to exist. When really, we are as awesome as that rock that came "naturally". :P
Rathyl

Postby Timmidge » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Gah it made me learn things. On the weekend.
Timmidge

Postby Lanthroviel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Rathyl wrote:
The first one is basically the common arguement is that we say a watch, as complex as it is, must be made by a person to exist. As such, humans are so complicated they must be made by a higher power to exist. When really, we are as awesome as that rock that came "naturally". :P

Ooh, now my fourth read of the page is clear, thanks :P

(and forget about the "spooning, i understood while watching the picture ... :lol: )
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby none140 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Lanthroviel wrote:
Rathyl wrote:

Ooh, now my fourth read of the page is clear, thanks :P

(and forget about the "spooning, i understood while watching the picture ... :lol: )

that picture was hawt.

as hawt as muffin sex

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2005-12-17
none140
Banned

Postby govnathan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Those were absolutely great. It was kind of odd to see your drawing style out of WoW context, but I also felt like I may have been reading Richard Dawkins' new book for elementary school children (That's a complement on the content and humor, not a crack, lest we be confused).

I'm going to have to bookmark this and check is far too regularly hoping for updates.
govnathan

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Lanthroviel wrote:So that's where dr noodle come from! :P[/size]

I wanted to say exactly the same! :D

Anyways, that other comic looks fun, although I can't really be arsed to read the text. But don't you dare quit doing Dark Legacy!

[size=0]And at least now we have a real excuse...[/size]

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby ergain » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 pm

myself i really enjoyed the comic... was a bit dark and cynical(is this right spelling?), but still.. The second one was good, poor man.
each second, a noobie is born (created)
ergain

Postby goris » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:24 am

Keydar> Great work. Again :) I must say that i enjoyed reading those comics because it felt as if i was discussing some important scientific problem. Also, i am not natural english speaker so it was quite interesting to learn som new scientific terms.
The only problem i see is that now that I have bookmarked it, i'll come there every day (like DLC) to check for new ones. And from what you say it looks like i'll be disappointed like 29/30 in a month:D
goris

Postby felorn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

These comments actually contain intelligent humor, which is regrettably lacking in today's television programs.
felorn

Postby Arcazua » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Interesting stuff. Is there a purpose or a theme? The first three that are up only have a modest amount of coherence. I get where each is coming from by themselves, (well ok the first two anyway,) but I have no idea what to expect in the future.
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Poor, poor logic... How you are so abused...

Postby Sweetfang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Lol, like the new comic. Reminds me of MythBusters. And of my old speech and debate logic problems (inductive vs deductive reasoning):

1) Socrates is a man
All men are mortal
Socratese is mortal (correct way)

All men are mortal
Socrates is a mortal
All men are Socrates (the incorrect way)

2) Or as I tell my patients, logic does not always come to the same, single conclusion.

-Sweetfang
Sweetfang

Next

Return to DL comics