Your DL Comic Script Idea

Discuss anything about DLC

Your DL Comic Script Idea

Postby Narlock » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Post you idea for a Dark Legacy Comic, granted Keydar has a 99.99% chance of ignoring it. Heres mine:

(Narlock on his flying Headless Horseman Mount)
(Narlock Dismounts and begins to fall)
Narlock: OH MY GOD! I DISMOUNTED!
Narlock: Ok take off all my gear!
(Narlock gets naked)
Narlock: Alrighty um... SLOW FALL!
(Narlock Searhces through his bags)
Narlock: Crap no Feathers!
Narlock: AHA!
Narlock: GO GO ICEBLOCK!
(Narlock has blue castng hands)
(Narlock hasn't casted his spell)
Narlock: Fuck.
(Narlock hits the ground dead, Next to Keydar and Narya)
Keydar: How did he die?
Narya: Server Latency.
Narlock

Postby FenixStryk » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 pm

I don't think Keydar does commissions. Not anymore, anyway.
FenixStryk

Re: Your DL Comic Script Idea

Postby Gnosis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Narlock wrote:(Narlock on his flying Headless Horseman Mount)
(Narlock gets naked)

That's not so original... Check this one out!

Gnosis

Postby kozom1234 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:24 pm

umm....done before...
Last edited by kozom1234 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kozom1234

Re: Your DL Comic Script Idea

Postby Narlock » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Gnosis wrote:
Narlock wrote:(Narlock on his flying Headless Horseman Mount)
(Narlock gets naked)

That's not so original... Check this one out!

Cut out the taking off the gear, its totally original, kinda, ok but i like the beta one
Narlock

Postby Arcazua » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Panel 1: Keydar sits down in Ironforge by the Mystic Ward, fishing.
"OK, time to start trying to fish up Old Ironjaw. I heard from Narya this can take a long time."

Panel 2: He catches Old Ironjaw on the first catch, and the achievement box for it appears at the bottom.
"Score!"

Panel 3: As Keydar is getting up and starting to dash out of the frame: "So all I need now for my fishing achievements is that special fish in Orgrimmar."

Panel 4: Keydar in Orgrimmar in the Valley of Spirits. He looks upbeat, settling down to start fishing. A counter appears at the bottom (ala odometer) at 00000.

Panel 5: Keydar casts his rod, as a stealth rogue appears behind him. The counter is at 00001.

Panel 6: Keydar, as a ghost, finds himself in Razor Hill.

Panel 7: Identical to panel 5, except Keydar is slightly less happy and counter is at 00003.

Panel 8: Keydar is stealthed near the skeletons where he died, getting the jump on the rogue that killed him.

Panel 9: Keydar's eyes are somewhat narrowed as he is fishing again: "Payback's a bitch, lol." Counter at 00004.

Panel 10: Keydar is face down in the water, with the rogue behind him. Counter still at 00004.

Panel 11: **MANY HOURS LATER**

Panel 12: Repeat panel 5. Keydar looks very dejected. Counter at 01735.

Panel 13: Narya is standing next to Keydar now. The Horde rogue is dead in front of them.
Narya: "So he's the one that was giving you trouble?"
Keydar: "Yeah, he keeps jumping me when I cast. Hopefully with you here, he won't try to fight us two-on-one. I was about to give up on this."

Panel 14: They both sit down to fish. Two counters appear; Keydar's at 01736, Narya's at 00001.
Keydar: "I thought you had this one already."
Narya: "Nah, I cast so many times in Ironforge, I didn't really want to bother with this one."

Panel 15: Narya catches Old Crafty on his first catch, and the achievement box appears. Keydar glares at Narya.
Narya: "YES!"

Panel 16: Keydar glaring; Narya looking back wide-eyed, both happy and apologetic at the same time.
Narya: "Hey, I cast way more times than you did in Ironforge, and you got that one on the first try. Don't be mad at me."

Panel 17: Keydar is closer to Narya, brandishing a weapon.
Narya: "Blame Blizzard's stupid random number generator and their miserable excuse of an 'achievement!'"
Keydar: "Oh, I know exactly what I'm going to do..."

Panel 18: Keydar vanishes. The Horde rogue appears behind Narya from the other side.

Bottom wide: Narya face-down in the water. (No background)
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby Vegos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:44 am

As I said, wipe on C'thun's eye beam. Make it a full lvl 80 raid for good measure :)
When you see Spartans shit bricks you'll move on with your life because these jokes are utterly overused.
Vegos

Postby cookiemanyay » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:17 am

Something about the new /cower command
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 am

Arcazua wrote:Panel 1: Keydar sits down in Ironforge by the Mystic Ward, fishing.
"OK, time to start trying to fish up Old Ironjaw. I heard from Narya this can take a long time."

Panel 2: He catches Old Ironjaw on the first catch, and the achievement box for it appears at the bottom.
"Score!"

Panel 3: As Keydar is getting up and starting to dash out of the frame: "So all I need now for my fishing achievements is that special fish in Orgrimmar."

Panel 4: Keydar in Orgrimmar in the Valley of Spirits. He looks upbeat, settling down to start fishing. A counter appears at the bottom (ala odometer) at 00000.

Panel 5: Keydar casts his rod, as a stealth rogue appears behind him. The counter is at 00001.

Panel 6: Keydar, as a ghost, finds himself in Razor Hill.

Panel 7: Identical to panel 5, except Keydar is slightly less happy and counter is at 00003.

Panel 8: Keydar is stealthed near the skeletons where he died, getting the jump on the rogue that killed him.

Panel 9: Keydar's eyes are somewhat narrowed as he is fishing again: "Payback's a bitch, lol." Counter at 00004.

Panel 10: Keydar is face down in the water, with the rogue behind him. Counter still at 00004.

Panel 11: **MANY HOURS LATER**

Panel 12: Repeat panel 5. Keydar looks very dejected. Counter at 01735.

Panel 13: Narya is standing next to Keydar now. The Horde rogue is dead in front of them.
Narya: "So he's the one that was giving you trouble?"
Keydar: "Yeah, he keeps jumping me when I cast. Hopefully with you here, he won't try to fight us two-on-one. I was about to give up on this."

Panel 14: They both sit down to fish. Two counters appear; Keydar's at 01736, Narya's at 00001.
Keydar: "I thought you had this one already."
Narya: "Nah, I cast so many times in Ironforge, I didn't really want to bother with this one."

Panel 15: Narya catches Old Crafty on his first catch, and the achievement box appears. Keydar glares at Narya.
Narya: "YES!"

Panel 16: Keydar glaring; Narya looking back wide-eyed, both happy and apologetic at the same time.
Narya: "Hey, I cast way more times than you did in Ironforge, and you got that one on the first try. Don't be mad at me."

Panel 17: Keydar is closer to Narya, brandishing a weapon.
Narya: "Blame Blizzard's stupid random number generator and their miserable excuse of an 'achievement!'"
Keydar: "Oh, I know exactly what I'm going to do..."

Panel 18: Keydar vanishes. The Horde rogue appears behind Narya from the other side.

Bottom wide: Narya face-down in the water. (No background)

REALLY GOOD! somehting tells me this possibly has happened :P

a little long though. possible two parter?
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:58 am

Meh. I read the two ideas, and I'll be honest here, let's leave the ideas to Keydar. :wink:

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Lanthroviel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 am

Well, yeah, but sometimes I saw situation in game that could be clearly drawn.
Here's one that came in my mind today:
Panel 1:Donald is running somewhere in warsong gulch (just to show that he is there)
Panel 2:Donald arrive in front of the horde flag.He is the only alliance player but there's 4 horde player in the room, smiling.
Panel 3:Donald carefully move to the flag, watching the horde players,who are still smiling and not moving
Panel 4:Donald Take the flag and shout in bg "LOL I HAVE THE FLAG NUB!"
Panel 5:All horde player surround him and kick his ass , while he's shouting "HEAL" or something like that.
Panel 6:Donald is at the cemetary, thinking "lol these Horde are slow if i'm fast I can take the flag"
Panel 7:Nearly same scene than panel 5, Donald shouting "SUPPORT" or stuff like that.
Panel 8: "moment later"in the corner, the four horde players surround a dead donald, one of them say "okay, that's was the tenth, now let's win this warsong gulch!" and the other say "yeah!"
Panel 9:Large panel: Keydar and Krom are sitting in a corner.Keydar say "Man, I don't know about the rest, but those PvP achievements suxx" and Krom say "so true".While waching various scene caused by achievement (such like two alliance player tearing their flag to know who could bring it back, a horde player /hugging a dead alliance player, etc...)

I know, thats maybe too big, but it really happened today (a BG were 6 teammate was defending and killed all alliance player who took the flag)
saddly, I missed the achievement because I came one minute late and lost two kill :lol:
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Arcazua » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 pm

kozom1234 wrote:REALLY GOOD! somehting tells me this possibly has happened :P

a little long though. possible two parter?

Certain aspects of it have happened to different people in the guild. There's one guy trying for the Orgrimmar fish that keeps getting jumped by Horde, and other folks have complained about the randomness of certain "achievements." (This was especially loud during Hallow's End for getting the mount and the mask achievements.)

As for it being too long? Yeah, maybe. I'm basically suggesting 6 rows and a finishing panel. It looks like Keydar's are normally 4 and a finisher. It could be abbreviated if need be, I just thought that was the length to be ironic/humorous from multiple angles, which is something Keydar usually tries to do, even if it's just a couple one-liners here and there.

Lihonessa, was it really that bad? =(
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:35 pm

i dont think it was a bad idea. just a little lengthy :P but i see from ur last post i see that u understand that.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Lihonessa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:48 am

I agree, Arcazua's just made the comic look a little too long. I also didn't really like the ending, you can see it coming soon.

But the first idea, from Narlock I believe, is just a plain ripoff from other comics I've seen before.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Return to DL comics