Scare Factor

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Scare Factor

Postby liamthelad » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Is it Me or is WoW in no way scary.I mean the entire wotlk is suposed to chill the hell out of you.You ever read the tale of Naxx and you get shivers but even my 6 year old brother doesnt get scared inside naxx!!Christ People with Arachnophobia manage to get into the spider quarter and the scariest thing that happened to me in naxx was a bug which made everyone go naked...in short,MAKE IT SCARY BLIZZ
liamthelad

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Bonjour, I am ze french chef! Would you like some cheese with that whine?

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby judgement14 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:34 pm

well if it was scary then many people wouldnt really play it

honestly for me first person games are the scariest
but in wow i can view my character in third person so im not scared at all

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:20 pm

About half of WoW is 12 year olds.

They still check their closets for monsters, they don't need added fear when murlocs already scare them.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby cookiemanyay » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:32 pm

I sweat when were killing a boss for the first time.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Silverveil » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:12 am

Movies or video games really don't scare me, esp in the RPG variety but so far I did find the atmosphere around the house of Morbent Fel a bit creepy! Esp since the first time I was way too low level at the time, raced up the stairs to hear someone casting and turned around to see the wizard.. lol I did freak.
Silverveil

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 am

WoW is scary, I mean, walking dead, wierd elves obsessed with blood, most of the time the said elves are naked, etc.
But why is this in the lore section?
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 am

The Great JT wrote:Bonjour, I am ze french chef! Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Wut? XD

Anyway, yeah, it's not scary, its cartoonish ,so you can't have a real sense of realism then.Also you don't "feel" like you're in real danger (such like in FPS).

Also, blood elves are not addicted to blood :o

And walking dead apparently scare a lot of people...The chineses ;)
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Judai » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:13 am

MMORPGs shouldn't scare u, Its not even remotely imaginable.
Scary games = 1st person shooters, eg, Doom 3 when the room is completely dark and someone jumps out and is like: "OMFG FOLLOW ME!!" and some parts of Fear, god dam I wanna play that now...

Edit: 125
Judai

Postby liamthelad » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:57 am

Bunnytots wrote:WoW is scary, I mean, walking dead, wierd elves obsessed with blood, most of the time the said elves are naked, etc.
But why is this in the lore section?

Cause I think wow should lore wise scare the shit outta you ,specially for rp'ers.Not just im gonna go naxx no biggie.Places like the plaguelands and deadwind pass scare me to pieces
liamthelad

Postby Durids » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 pm

If it makes you feel any better the first time I heard about C'thun someone posted a SS of him, I clicked on it, and the eye of C'thun all zoomed really close scared the piss outta me.
Durids
Banned

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Today I saw a draenei on a giant Mammoth mount with shadowform on. It was scary as hell.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Dæthknight » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Fel reavers creep me out how they can just sneak up on you :P also... Terokkarantula O.o

Dæthknight

Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days.

Postby Noodles » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:17 am

Dæthknight wrote:Fel reavers creep me out how they can just sneak up on you :P also... Terokkarantula O.o

ye... how the HECK can that HUUUUGE thing sneak behind people? my experience of questing in HFP ended with so many fel reaver kills... i just see a giant metallic foot then i die
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Re: Scare Factor

Postby Gly » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 am

liamthelad wrote:Is it Me or is WoW in no way scary.I mean the entire wotlk is suposed to chill the hell out of you.You ever read the tale of Naxx and you get shivers but even my 6 year old brother doesnt get scared inside naxx!!Christ People with Arachnophobia manage to get into the spider quarter and the scariest thing that happened to me in naxx was a bug which made everyone go naked...in short,MAKE IT SCARY BLIZZ

I had a fellow raider whom every time we went into spider wing had to cover most of her screen with sticky's so she wouldn't see the spiders.

With the games current design i dont think wow could be scary, its too cartoonish
Gly

Next

Return to Lore