Alternative Lore

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Alternative Lore

Postby Bobson » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 am

So, I got this idea in the "Arthas' actor"-thread and thought "why not?"

Alternative lore people! It's like alternative history, just with lore - You ask a lore-related question (example: What if Kel'thuzad had failed summoning Archimonde?) and then you can try to answer it yourself, or wait for someone else to do it.
And please do it good. Unless it's impossible, try to make it more than one sentence with a lot of commas - we needz teh drama. :D

So I'll ask again: What would've happened if Uther had gone with Arthas in, first purging Stratholme, but later also to Northrend?
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
I can play a mage of frost
but also one of flame!
My warrior's rage I can easily tame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
and I pwn all the noobs who thinks I am lame!
Bobson

Postby Lore_master » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:29 am

Uther would have just died in Northrend one way or another… unfortunately. :cry:

The undead, when Arthas wields Frostmore, or when Arthas when psycho crazy.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Note to self get new sig.
Lore_master

Postby Bunnytots » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:41 am

What would have happened if Arthas was killed in the orc encounters?
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby vergil77 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:13 am

Then the Lich King would choose someone else for his champion, someone not as vengeful as Arthas, who would come to his senses, finally turning up against the Scourge again. And the Scourge would be dealt with much sooner.

"What would have happened if Thrall has not escaped from Durnholde Keep".
vergil77

Postby Bobson » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:26 am

Go ask The Keepers of Time in CoT

What would have happened if Sargeras hadn't seen the evil of the Eredar and Nathrezim (I think that's how it's spelled)?
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
but also one of flame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
Bobson

Postby judgement14 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 am

WoW
would be alot more boring

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:47 pm

what would happen if the dragon soul was never created?
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Dorp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

kozom1234 wrote:what would happen if the dragon soul was never created?

The Burning Legion would have completely decimated the dragons, night elves, and everyone else. Deathwing wouldn't have become a lava-blooded crazybean, but he would probably have died or been badly injured instead. Without the balance provided by the dragonflights godmoding of Azeroth, all life, magic, power, time, etc... would have descended into chaos, the Burning Legion would have taken over and proceeded to royally screw stuff up. Algalon would have reported to the Makers that shit had gone south, they would have hit the reset button and life would start over.
Dorp

Postby Kadin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am

It seems like most of the questions that could be asked end up in Azeroth being destroyed in some way or another... but I can't help but post a question of my own =D.

What if we never killed Illidian?
Kadin

Postby Bunnytots » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 am

If we never killed Illidan, we would still be in outlands until we did.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby cookiemanyay » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

I hate life
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Quaza » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:24 pm

What would happen if Arthas didn't reach the frozen throne in time to intercept Illidan?

and once you've answered that...

What would happen if Ner'zhul was never deceived/corrupted by Kil'jaedan?
~~Quaza
Quaza

Postby Bobson » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 pm

That's what I'm talking about! :D

Now ... if Illidan had come first ... he would have walked up the stairs, and herotically shattered the Frozen Throne, along with Ner'Zhul's soul. Arthas would've yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" and then either: A: Go hunting for Illidan. B: Stay in Northrend, in exile (most undead would ... die I guess ... or become free-willed). Or C (this is far out): By killing Ner'Zhul, his spirit in Frostmourne would die too, the blade would shatter, and release his own soul, thus making Arthas nice again. Arthas would then return to Stormwind, to get sentenced to death, to lifetime in prison, or be crowned as true king, and then assemble an army to crush the Forsaken, or become neutral/allies/enemies-because-they-become-Horde. What heppens then with them, is up to you.

Illidan would've completed his Master's task, therefore not needing to fear his wrath, or suffer from the grievious wounds Arthas gave him, and, bevause of that, stay sane. Maybe (!) he would even treat Akama and his Broken comrades better, and avoid being betrayed. Anyway, the world of Azeroth would be a better place to live, the fight against Illidan quite harder (if we decide to kill him), and the latest expansion much more boring.

For the other question: If Kil'Jaeden hadn't come along, the orcs would probably still be living on the uncorrupted Draenor, in relative peace with the Dranei. If Kiljaeden had come along, but Nerley had discovered Kil'Jaeden's lies in time, I think that the orcs would be in war with the Eredar, but get help from the dear Dranei, and in the end, they would be great allies, and that was it for them.

However, in the human land, there would've been no Lich King, nothing to cause the third war and corrupt Arthas, saving countless lives - King Terenas could maybe even still rule. However, if the Burning Legion had taken a different approach, and said "fuck the humans" and gone for Kalimdor in the beginning, things would've been looking grim:

No orc corruption, no first war, no killed Medivh, noone to warn the humans of the invasion, and as said in CoT; no first war, no Alliance, civil war. - remaining force against the invasion: Night Elves and Orcs/Tauren

On Kalimdor: No first war, no orcs, no known Thrall, no immigration, noone to save the tauren, who would've been slaughtered by the centaurs. On the bright side, Cenarius would live. Remaining force: Night Elves and Cenarius, but he ain't THAT powerfull.

On the other hand; a large part of the invasion was undead, but I'm sure the nice Eredar leaders could've filled the spots with pure demons.

Conclusion: If Kil'Jaeden hadn't owned Ner'Zhul retorically, World of Warcraft would've been dead. All of it.

If you've read this long, you deserve a cookie.

And:

I ain't asking no question!!!! :D
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
but also one of flame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
Bobson

Postby ZhakoT » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:23 am

What if the Sunwell was never destroyed?

And to Compensate for the lack of a question in the previous post...

What if the well of eternity didn't blow up?
ZhakoT

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 am

I'm not about to answer a question because I'm really not that well-versed on the Lore (shoot me) but I totally theorized before ICC came out that Frostmourne would break when you kill Arthas, so you'd never get it. I still don't know if I was right or not.

I accidentally spelled "Arthas" as "Arthasm" and now want to find an opportunity to use it in a legitimate sentence.
Raptorbane

Next

Return to Lore