Why gnomes should have atleast one healing class

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Postby typhy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:42 pm

Lihonessa wrote:
none140 wrote:
lappen wrote:but it still stands. a few gnomes do believe in the holy light and should therefor be able to become priests.

There aren't enough gnome priests to make it playable :?

Since when does logic like that count at WoW? There aren't supposed to be a lot of Dwarven Paladins or Gnome Rogues either, yet I see plenty of those.

You obviously dont know what WoW based one part of their game off of. D&D. Gnomes = Halflings, which are KNOWN for being the best rogues, and Dwarves are known for being the best paladins xD The basis of classes/races are from D&D, anything past is Warcraft lore.
typhy

Postby Bright_eyes » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:14 pm

lappen wrote:actually, gnomes are eligible to be a healer, which is the opposite to taurens since they are way to big and loud to be a stealther.

link is messed up now >.>
Bright_eyes

Postby lappen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:35 am

HAH

IN YOUR FACE

so yeah i'm finally able to become a priest. <3 i knew blizzard would at least answer one of my many dreams about wow <3
lappen

Postby Dragonas » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 am

Just to clarify on some of the lore. It is believed that the Nightelves are decended from trolls that stood and lived next to the well of eternity for too long. They "evolved" into what they are today. Druids did not just inherently exist in the n/e culture. It was taught to Malfurion by Cenarius "per war of the ancients trilogy" Now if there did exist more n/e druids before this, it wasn't really covered in Warcraft lore. The trolls were taught by Taurens and orcs (druids and shaman ways respectively) (taurens by n/e during and after the first war). The orcs had lost their true shaman way until thrall was accepted by spirits and became the greatest shaman to ever live. There were however still orc shamans but there power was lost to them mostly due to the spirits being upset with them.

Now out of lore reprehence... I believe personally that the spirits that blizzard speaks of are the elemental gods that are trapt on the elemental plane. So I wonder how it is that shamans are still going to control their powers after we defeat the spirits eventually... (I play a dranei shaman).

I know everyone by now knows that gnomes will be able to be priest now, but the lore does somewhat support it. There are a few gnome priest in IF and whatnot. Gnomes are not completely technical which can be shown by warlocks/mages. So they dabble in arcane. just my 2 copper...
Dragonas

Postby vergil77 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 am

It seems not every elemental is hostile toward mortals (Hydraxian Waterlords, or some elementals in Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isle). So even if we'll defeat those in elemental planes, shamans still will receive their power from friendly spirits.
vergil77

Postby Dragonas » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

aww very true... I did forget them.... and you do, do the quest to help the elemental spirits (atleast for draenei) on azuremyst island. Cool quest chain too... so I guess that you're right where even though the ones like (silithus, MC) hate us, not all of them are against the other creatures of Azeroth. well played sir!
Dragonas

Previous

Return to Lore