Who is your favourite Lore character?

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Postby The Great JT » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 pm

I'd probably say Anub'arak because he's such a tragic tale. In life he's a king. He goes to defend his kingdom and is slain and forced to fight his own people while being called a traitor for being forced to obey the will of an alien mind (figuratively and literally, the orcs are not from Azeroth, they're from Draenor).

Then he gets made into a levelling-fodder boss, which really sucks.

Hopefully he'll head up a Ashtongue Deathsworn-like faction when they open up the Frozen Throne raid.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Postby Aceed » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:59 am

The Great JT wrote:I'd probably say Anub'arak because he's such a tragic tale. In life he's a king. He goes to defend his kingdom and is slain and forced to fight his own people while being called a traitor for being forced to obey the will of an alien mind (figuratively and literally, the orcs are not from Azeroth, they're from Draenor).

Then he gets made into a levelling-fodder boss, which really sucks.

Hopefully he'll head up a Ashtongue Deathsworn-like faction when they open up the Frozen Throne raid.

A good speculation. Some-blizzard-guy said "Anub'Arak will be a big part of player interaction apart from being a boss in the Azjol-Nerub instance", so we'll keep waiting and hoping.
Aceed
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 am

Postby judgement14 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:35 pm

my favorite lore character was actually illidan until he became killable
i really hope he somehow comes back in the emerald dream
my new favorite is darion morgraine
AND HOGGER

though i honestly want to learn more about the titans since i am a fan of mythology
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby Aceed » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:22 am

judgement14 wrote:my favorite lore character was actually illidan until he became killable
i really hope he somehow comes back in the emerald dream
my new favorite is darion morgraine
AND HOGGER

though i honestly want to learn more about the titans since i am a fan of mythology

I actually was an illidan-fanboy too once. As well as Kael.

I think they completley ruined both characters. In the burning crusade, all "cool" you knew about Kael and Illidan was gone, tbh.
Aceed
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 am

Postby Durlug » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:23 pm

After I played WC3 I thought Kael'thas was such a badass. Then after wiping to him for a month I really started to hate the guy :P We did manage to kill him before his ass got nerfed tho which made me really happy ^.^.

Tbh I was kinda surprised that Illidan was killable in TBC. I kinda thought that he would run away or something and Akama would give you the loot from some chest. I kinda have a feeling that they will bring back Illidan somehow, just like how they brought Kael'thas back, yeah, he was just "knocked out" when u killed him in Tempest Keep or something. Or he had a soulstone or something, I dunno i forgot, but it was lame.
Image
Durlug
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Postby Belse » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:08 am

Sargeras. He is the coolest guy ever!
In the end all must serve the one... true... KING!
Image
User avatar
Belse
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Somewhere at the border between Sweden and Norway in your car, watching your TV

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Belse wrote:Sargeras. He is the coolest guy ever!

too bad he is such a bitch he has to have other ppl open portals for him.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
User avatar
Bunnytots
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am
Location: PopTart Land.

Postby Thatguy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Thatguy
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Postby Aceed » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:30 am

Thatguy wrote:Night elf lore is funny in general :P


http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Kaydeethree ... s_mistakes

There's a thread right under mine meant for that kind of replies :P

[/seriousness]
In other news, I fucking lol'd.
Aceed
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 am

Postby Belse » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:37 am

Bunnytots wrote:
Belse wrote:Sargeras. He is the coolest guy ever!

too bad he is such a bitch he has to have other ppl open portals for him.

He´s a Warlock not a mage. Warlock>mage.
In the end all must serve the one... true... KING!
Image
User avatar
Belse
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Somewhere at the border between Sweden and Norway in your car, watching your TV

Postby Bright_eyes » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I love Lady Sylvannas, her quest was awesome!
((plus, I <3 the song she sings, its awesome yet sad))

And hogger is win
User avatar
Bright_eyes
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: Were ever I wanna be

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm

lament of the highborne... i have a macro to play the audio file...man it makes me wanna roll horde
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

Image
User avatar
kozom1234
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 am
Location: Somewhere far too cold.

Postby Renkonel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:16 am

Bolvar Fordragon is my favorite, pisses me off that he "supposedly" died at wrath gate.
Image

Image
User avatar
Renkonel
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 am
Location: south eastern indiana

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 am

Bet he comes back as a raid boss in Icecrown Citadel raid for alliance, then Saurfang the Younger for Horde
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
User avatar
Bunnytots
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am
Location: PopTart Land.

Postby à» Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:54 am

Bunnytots wrote:Bet he comes back as a raid boss in Icecrown Citadel raid for alliance, then Saurfang the Younger for Horde


Yeah...I really doubt that...

My favorite is probably Taretha Foxton.
User avatar
ÃÂ
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Stuck inside an invisible box. DAMN MIMES!

PreviousNext

Return to Lore

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest