RSS feed?

Ideas, suggestions, or issues with the DLC website or forums

RSS feed?

Postby pulch » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:51 pm

I know you've got the usergroup setup to notify if a new comic is up, but perhaps also setup an RSS feed? It could be used for notifying you post a new comic, or even when you post on the forum. :)

It's a bit more work setting up an rss feed, so if you don't want to, I understand.
pulch

Postby Rohgan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:15 am

Yes, I would much appreciate a RSS feed of your comics. It also saves you some bandwidth, because people don't have to pull the whole site w. image to see if there is an update.
If you need help with the technical details, feel free to contact me via PM or email. It's simply another textfile and an entry in the html header of your existing site.
Rohgan

Postby Keydar » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:31 am

Alright. I don't know a thing about RSS, so I googled a bit and did my best. This file is pretty rough and I have no idea if it will even work, but let me know.

RSS file here
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Jaexi » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Works perfect!

Thanks a lot :)

/Jae
Jaexi - Gnome Rogue
<Core of Insight>
Shadowsong EU
Jaexi

Postby Rohgan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:59 am

Yes, thanks a lot. You should also insert a tag into your html code. That lets RSS enabled browser like IE7 or FF know, that there is a feed available for your site. Put this into the head section of your website:
Code: Select all
<link rel="alternate"  type="application/rss+xml" title="Dark Legacy Comics" href="http://www.darklegacycomics.com/feed.xml" />

Merry Christmas and keep up the good work! :)
Rohgan

Postby Keydar » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:43 am

Rohgan wrote:Yes, thanks a lot. You should also insert a tag into your html code. That lets RSS enabled browser like IE7 or FF know, that there is a feed available for your site. Put this into the head section of your website:
Code: Select all
<link rel="alternate"  type="application/rss+xml" title="Dark Legacy Comics" href="http://www.darklegacycomics.com/feed.xml" />

Merry Christmas and keep up the good work! :)

Ah, thanks a lot. :)
Keydar
Site Admin

Return to Site Suggestions