The Basic Tanking Guide

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby cookiemanyay » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:26 am

QQ being a blue/green DK scrub sucks.I came in 14TH last 25-man I use to be number one on dmg with my rogue and number one healing on my priest now I can barely do shit.QQ
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Redneckizm » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 am

OK Good, I thought I was the only 1 ?

I recently got the Staff from H VH and had Mongoose enchanted on it. I noticed in tanking heroics my DPS went from high 700's up to High 12's - low 1300's.

Since I noticed so many Mongoose Proc's I incorporated more Maul's and fewer Swipes, Glyph of Maul let's me hit 3 targets anyway. Faerie Fire/Maul/Mangle/Lacerate, ~2.7 TPS I also started noticing a LOT of 6K+ Crits from Maul.

Not complaining! It's a real "Gut check" on DPS Classes when the meter is Posted & the Tank has more DPS than some of them do! I was dragging a guildie who just hit 80 thru some Heroics and he thought he was doing "OK" with his 1K DPS :D Now he's hell bent & Determined to get that up, I gear checked him and he only had about 100 Hit but 30% Crit... Can't Crit what you can't Hit!
Redneckizm

Postby Narlock » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:02 pm

I'll be remaking the Basic Tanker's Guide. Adding certain extras such as Addons, items, enchants and other things. I'll also be releasing a Healers Guide. Since everyone knows DPS i won't be doing one of them.
Also coming soon are teh Advanced Tanking For Warriors/Paladins/Death Knights and the same with the healer's guides.

Please enjoy the next re-made tanking guide coming soon.
Narlock

Postby Narlock » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 pm

The Tanker's Basic Guide has been re-made to make it simpler and look smart
Narlock

Postby Bunnytots » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Yawn. Still sucks, you basically covered everything a noobie would encounter in WC. Also do you have a high level tank? If not, please stfu and worry about your own class, because its really annoying to those who do play these classes to see a guide that is worse than basic.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Kodykahn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:45 am

Meh, I just got my staff of the Plague Beast, I'm thinking of going kitty specc for a little bit, just to see how it goes ^^
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Kodykahn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:53 am

By-the-by, Thanks whomever posted that site, I think I can FINALLY get over my whole unable to hold 4 mobs with 3 mages blizzarding, I don't see how I didn't think of tab-targeting and mauling everything O.o;;
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Redneckizm » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 am

I love how easy it is for a Ranged DPS to sit back and Criticize the tanks that are up front getting their faces bashed in. I play a Ranged DPS (Hunter) and I'm far enough back that I get a good overview of the fight and what's happening... I also was a Resto Druid for a while and same thing... from 30-35yds back, you get a real nice view of the fight.

I was tanking OS 10 on Tuesday night, The OT was poorly geared (28K Health) and I had 42K/ 40.89% Dodge. I gave him the Skull and I was going to tank the other 3, he just had to pick up the Square after the Skull went down. I put him on Skull since it was supposed to the be 1st to go down... Skull, X, Square, Circle Standard kill order....
The 1st 4pack of Dragonkin on the left, we engaged, Hunter tab targeted the 2 Big guy's that Pat and it suddenly became a 6 pull, While I was tabbing and Swiping/Mangle... somebody in vent kindly said "Hey, the Circle is loose"... I tabbed a couple times to find the circle & Growled and it politely came over and started bashing on me also... no biggie...

So while you are 30-35yds back, with a nice overview of the battle going on.... I'm up front with 4-6 sets of Dragon knees in my face and all of them are determined to bash my face in...

So, the moral of this rant & topic is... Not everybody has the same view of the battle... that's why it's a 5/10/25 Group/Raid and not a Solo event... Teamwork and cooperation, kthxbye 8)
World of Warcraft - It's not a Passion, It's an Obsession.

It's NOT a Game, It's a full time Hobby!
Redneckizm

Previous

Return to WoW