Page 2 of 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:09 pm
by ÃÂ
Krom...don't kill me, but wth are you referring to?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:14 pm
by judgement14
UBERNOOB wrote:HAY KROM WUT SHOT MACRO SHULD I UZE 4 MI HUINTAR!!??
Krom wrote:THE BANNED MACRO




That is what i believe he is refering to

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 pm
by Chatrata
I imagine that would be an accurate representation of the conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:08 am
by ÃÂ
Ah.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm
by Nysonge
Tips?

The stats that are most important to least.

Agility
Stamina
Intellect

Str
Spirit


The ones in bold are the ones that you HAVE to have
The ones underlined are the ones that I will kill you for having. (unless its like, 1 point and you need the equip for the bolded stats)

Never roll on a melee item that doesnt have stats and has a proc/chance instead.

Actually, NEVER roll on ANYTHING that has a proc or chance on hit melee item.

Stats is what is needed on a melee item, so don't roll on something stupid like ravager.

Put your pet in the stables during quick runs of an instance, it could attract unnessesary aggro. (unless its the tank.)

Never roll on a cloth/plate/leather past level 40, you will just be a dick.

Never roll on something that obviously belongs to another person (if its a melee stat item, check the other person's gear that is rolling on it, and compare the melee item to your own. Do you really need it?)

Use traps when commanded.

Do exactly what I say


Edit: If you are solo leveling, I suggest a turtle, because of high armor and hp, but that is your choice, not mine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:34 pm
by Thatguy
Nysonge wrote:Put your pet in the stables during quick runs of an instance, it could attract unnessesary aggro. (unless its the tank.)


It makes you lose a good chunk of your dps and all the usefulness of Beast Mastery, such a good idea...

If the tank can't hold aggro, find another, don't just dismiss your pet.

Nysonge wrote:Never roll on a cloth/plate/leather past level 40, you will just be a dick.


Agreed on plate/cloth, but why leather? Sometimes, rogue gear is pretty nice for hunters. And you really don't need the armor, considering you shouldn't get hit.


Nysonge wrote:Edit: If you are solo leveling, I suggest a turtle, because of high armor and hp, but that is your choice, not mine.


From my personal experience, cats are better, but as Nysonge said, it's your choice.

Go to http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/ for more detailed information on hunter pets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm
by ÃÂ
My best pet was a ravager...ya know, from bloodmyst? Sadly, however, seeing as how much effort was put into getting one on my tauren at level 10, I would not suggest it. ._.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:37 pm
by Thatguy
[quote="ÃÂ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:08 pm
by judgement14
well i think you should only roll on leather gear
if no leather wearer needs it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 am
by Krom
Nysonge wrote:Tips?

The stats that are most important to least.

Agility
Stamina
Intellect

Str
Spirit


The ones in bold are the ones that you HAVE to have
The ones underlined are the ones that I will kill you for having. (unless its like, 1 point and you need the equip for the bolded stats)

Never roll on a melee item that doesnt have stats and has a proc/chance instead.

Actually, NEVER roll on ANYTHING that has a proc or chance on hit melee item.

Stats is what is needed on a melee item, so don't roll on something stupid like ravager.

Put your pet in the stables during quick runs of an instance, it could attract unnessesary aggro. (unless its the tank.)

Never roll on a cloth/plate/leather past level 40, you will just be a dick.

Never roll on something that obviously belongs to another person (if its a melee stat item, check the other person's gear that is rolling on it, and compare the melee item to your own. Do you really need it?)

Use traps when commanded.

Do exactly what I say


Edit: If you are solo leveling, I suggest a turtle, because of high armor and hp, but that is your choice, not mine.


What the fuck. I followed you right up until stabling your pet? Jesus Christ, where do you people come from.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:46 pm
by judgement14
the short bus?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:46 pm
by DoHP
Nysonge wrote:Tips?

The stats that are most important to least.

Agility
Stamina
Intellect

Str
Spirit


The ones in bold are the ones that you HAVE to have
The ones underlined are the ones that I will kill you for having. (unless its like, 1 point and you need the equip for the bolded stats)

*snip*


Okay, so I'm new at the game, but based on a little bit of reading, I can understand why a hunter would need agility and stamina. What I can't figure out is why they need Intellect as one of their top three stats. (This is possibly because I haven't figured out exactly what each stat does in terms of numbers) If I had to guess, I'd say it was for mana, but if you are rolling on it versus a caster, wouldn't the caster need it more?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 am
by Kodykahn
Well, most of your casters:
Locks
Priest
Mages

wear cloth, one of the items that your not suppose to role on, thus, you wouldn't worry about those items.

Only classes that have mana and use mainly leather up to level 40 are:
Hunters
Shamans
Druids.

Thus, the only classes that should be rolling against your leather gear would be these classes. Yes Int increases your mana, I think the ratio is like 1 int = 15 mana. The reason this is the 3rd top stat to get is explained later, Str, and Spr, are 4th and 5th because hunters really have little use out of them, Str, can increse your melee damage, but realistically, you should not be using melee attacks at all, Spr, is for casters, mainly for healing Druids and Preist, though I know other classes get bonuses from them as well, those two classes use it the most. Hunters have pretty much no use for spirit period.

Also, to clear up the whole who should use it more, Realistically, you don't really need it, but if the said item has agility or stamina attached to it, and it is an upgrade to what you have, go ahead and try to get it, Int, will help you lower the amount of downtime you have.

As a hunter, you need mana to keep your stings, shots, ect in rotation to max out your damage, after level 20 you'll get an aspect called Aspect of the Viper, up until then, you might have trouble keeping your mana up, and will probably have to break for drinking alot, this aspect regenerates your mana Ranged shots, melee attacks, and all your stings and shots ect, while also restorying 4% of your mana every... five seconds I think it is? But the downside to it, Unless your a Beast Master specced Hunter, is you lose 50% of your damage done, 40% if your a Beast master specced hunter, or have the Aspect mastery Talent.

Now with Aspect of the viper, every 5 seconds you gain 4% of your mana, that means 4% of your max mana no matter how high it is, thus, if you have more mana you gain more every 5 seconds with this active, also, your attacks that restore mana will restore even more mana if you have more mana, thus, you'll have more mana to use, and you'll be regenerating it faster, thus, spending less time in Aspect of the viper, thus, spending less time with the damage reduction, thus, increasing your damage.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, but I've never been 100% good at explaining this to people new at a certain topic, so I'm trying my best >.<

Now, lets look at this list here...

Tips?

The stats that are most important to least.

Agility
Stamina
Intellect
Str
Spirit

The ones in bold are the ones that you HAVE to have
The ones underlined are the ones that I will kill you for having. (unless its like, 1 point and you need the equip for the bolded stats)

Never roll on a melee item that doesnt have stats and has a proc/chance instead.

Actually, NEVER roll on ANYTHING that has a proc or chance on hit melee item.

Stats is what is needed on a melee item, so don't roll on something stupid like ravager.

Put your pet in the stables during quick runs of an instance, it could attract unnessesary aggro. (unless its the tank.)

Never roll on a cloth/plate/leather past level 40, you will just be a dick.

Never roll on something that obviously belongs to another person (if its a melee stat item, check the other person's gear that is rolling on it, and compare the melee item to your own. Do you really need it?)

Use traps when commanded.

Do exactly what I say


Edit: If you are solo leveling, I suggest a turtle, because of high armor and hp, but that is your choice, not mine.


While most of this is decent advice, I would have to say I highly disagree with the pet, escpeially if you have points in Beast master, because your damage is increased by your pet being active, a better suggestion to reduce threat if needed, would be to put your pet on passive, so it just stands by you, it's active, thus you get the bonus, and it's also not pulling unnessessary threat? Usually, you only have to really worry about threat with new tanks, or lowbie tanks, once you get higher up, if your tank can't keep agro, unless you or someone is doing an insane amount of damage, or doing something stupid, then they are usually a pretty bad tank and things are going to go bad regaurdless of what your doing.

Now, on the Leather, as mentioned before, there is alot of good leather that is good for druids, rogues, and hunters, and shamans, just beacuse you CAN use mail, doesn't mean you should pass on something because it's leather, in example, the 2nd, Best in Slot, shoulder peice for a Fury warrior is Leather, not mail, not plate, Leather, thus, don't always restrict your armor types to the highest you can get, but really, cloth is usually geared towards priest mages, locks, and such so your probably never going to touch it.

As for your melee weapons, like he said, you should only get melee weapons for their stats, you will probably find yourself using alot of two-handed weapons, as they give higher stat bonuses then one-handed ones, to just make things simple here, Just look at the stats, as long as it has one or two of your stats that you need, make sure it's high, not like +12 str and +2 agility, that would not be you, but if it was like +12 agility, and +2 str, then I would go for it, having a few points here and there not in your top 3 isn't BAD, to be honest, you can't deceide what gear drops and what stats are on them, just don't try to scale them up high.

I think I kinda covered the questions... long post so I might have missed a few things, if so, say so, I don't want to leave blanks in information, or be wrong on something!

<3

Kodykahn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 am
by Krom
DoHP wrote:Okay, so I'm new at the game, but based on a little bit of reading, I can understand why a hunter would need agility and stamina. What I can't figure out is why they need Intellect as one of their top three stats. (This is possibly because I haven't figured out exactly what each stat does in terms of numbers) If I had to guess, I'd say it was for mana, but if you are rolling on it versus a caster, wouldn't the caster need it more?


There is a talent in Marksmanship that increases your attack power by your Intellect (3 points for 1:1). It's pretty much a required talent, and it makes Intellect a decent stat (specially since gear gets better the more stats are spread out on it, since the ilvl system spends more value on a single high value stat vs. 2 lower value stats which total to the same value. ie: 90 agility costs more than 45 agility and 45 intellect. Most Hunter gear has Int, Stam, Agi, and then 2-3 of Crit Rating, Hit Rating, Haste Rating, Attack Power or Armor Penetration which generally makes our gear pretty decent as it's always spread out over 5+ stats).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 pm
by judgement14
i have a question how do you guys usually do your fights as a hunter

cuz when i played huntard i knew i wasnt doing it right
as i always went melee and only used the ranged to kite

should i have tried to stay as ranged as possible or what?