The 3.1 Talent (and glyph) Build Thread

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Kodykahn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:26 am

Heh, fury is being nerfed, prot and arms is getting buffed, so I think your going to be seeing more Arms warriors again then Fury, and Sadly, More warrior tanks :(, stupid warrior tanks, stealing my instance groups >.>
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
User avatar
Kodykahn
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere off to the left of normal.

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 am

Actually Arms can use TG if you respec and have both your weapons equipped, ofc one portal will remove your offhand, and Gombol, what's your talent build for arms?
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
User avatar
Bunnytots
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am
Location: PopTart Land.

Postby judgement14 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:25 pm

Bunnytots wrote:Actually Arms can use TG if you respec and have both your weapons equipped, ofc one portal will remove your offhand, and Gombol, what's your talent build for arms?


bladestorm with 2 2handers?
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:43 am

Aye, I once switched to arms with my 2 2hds in both my hands still and I was able to bladestorm with both of them doing damage. The mage I dueled was not happy.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
User avatar
Bunnytots
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am
Location: PopTart Land.

Postby judgement14 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Bunnytots wrote:Aye, I once switched to arms with my 2 2hds in both my hands still and I was able to bladestorm with both of them doing damage. The mage I dueled was not happy.

lol nice
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby Kodykahn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 am

Anyways, what I'm looking at for a PvE tanking specc would be:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent

Along with the Glyph of Berzerk, Maul, and Frenzied regeneration.

I dropped a point in Primal Percision to Pick up the bleed crits, because I am already at about 8% reduction to dodge and parry on due to my high expertise already, so, the crits from the bleeds would make my lacerate generate better threat, and when I'm in kitty, allowing my other bleeds to crit would be nice :roll:
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
User avatar
Kodykahn
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere off to the left of normal.

Postby ZhakoT » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm

As a pally tank. I have anticipated the new patch, many great new buffs to help me finally get into HC's. (Too casual >.>)
ZhakoT
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 am

Postby The Great JT » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am

Well, it's new patch build day, which means it's time to update the ol' talent calculators. I'm surprised, it doesn't really look like anything had changed. Or if it had, it hadn't changed very much.

Retribution Paladin 0/18/53 Raid DPS
Remember last time I had points over in Holy? Well I went back to the drawing board and said "fuck that shit" and stuck 'em back in Protection. You really don't get any sort of prize out of Pursuit of Justice, just getting to mobs faster and even then you've got Crusader Aura when you're mounted, just ensuring PoJ is pretty useless unless you're the tank, so take those away and put them in Improved Devotion Aura. IDA is taken to increase the healing you shlorp up, and because with the massive influx of Retribution Paladins running around, it's not surprising to find a few with the same talents you have, so throw this on in its place and let the other shmuck take Retribution Aura. Or if a tank has this just throw on the Resistance aura of your choice since to melee Concentration is useless. The glyphs are also switched around a bit, too. Seal of Blood is in Consecrate's place for mana generation because I'm still leery of Judgements of the Wise, and Hammer of Wrath takes over for Crusader Strike because when the boss hits 20%, HoW should be spammed with the speed of a pneumatic drill, and cutting off its mana cost will make it less of a burden in the late-game.

Shadow Priest 13/0/58 Raid DPS
My good ol' SPriest build has undergone a bit of a tweak recently, if you couldn't guess. Last time I posted here, I had Inner Focus and Psychic Horror in the mix, but you know when those will be useful in a raid? The former sparingly and the latter ABSOLUTELY NEVER! So seeing the changes to threat-generation for the tanks, now would be a good time to take points in Improved Vampiric Embrace. Other than that, there's really no changes.

Elemental Shaman 55/16/0 Raid DPS
Literally there are about zero changes between this and the previous build. Nil.

""Pyro-Lock" Destruction Warlock 7/8/56 Raid DPS
The only real change is glyphing Life Tap. That's only taken to give more mana when it's needed.

Arcane Mage 55/16/0 Raid DPS
Again, there's about no changes in the talents, but maybe one or two glyph changes. Mirror Image gets glyph'd for increased DPS, Fireball over Mana Gem because the changes to mana regeneration talents will help out more than a piss-weak potion. And in Minor-land, it really doesn't matter which glyph you take, Penguin or Polar Bear, because they're completely identical.

Beast mastery Hunter 54/17/0 Raid DPS
-AND-
Ferocity Pet w/ Beast Mastery
Yes, like everyone else and their mother, I'm doing a Hunter build. This one's a BM build compared to the flavor of the month, Survival. I really had a hunter with a Devilsaur pet in mind (though the talent build can be applied to any Ferocity pet), because that stacking damage-boosting ability (Monstrous Bite), coupled with Rabid, is good for DPS output. Now as for the hunter's talents, what can you say? It's a DPS build based around a class that can best be described as a symbiotic existance (symbiotic = two things reliant on one another, like a remora on a stingray or a shark or something). Either way, this build might not make you tops on the damage charts, but honestly I don't think it matters because those people who obsess over damage charts are pathetic sub-humans.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Postby judgement14 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 am

for ret pallies i recommend using glyph of exorcism for your 2nd glyph
and using one of the mana savers/givers as your third glyph

ofc glyph of judgement will be your first
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby Fergie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:40 am

judgement14 wrote:for ret pallies i recommend using glyph of exorcism for your 2nd glyph
and using one of the mana savers/givers as your third glyph

ofc glyph of judgement will be your first


glyph of exorcism doesn't interrupt anymore, tbh i find it worthless

and are these minors? can't look them up because i'm at school, but if they're majors, glyph of SoC should be one :/
Fergie
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:33 am

Postby Corilithon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am

The Great JT wrote:Arcane Mage 55/16/0 Raid DPS
Again, there's about no changes in the talents, but maybe one or two glyph changes. Mirror Image gets glyph'd for increased DPS, Fireball over Mana Gem because the changes to mana regeneration talents will help out more than a piss-weak potion. And in Minor-land, it really doesn't matter which glyph you take, Penguin or Polar Bear, because they're completely identical.


Wait, this is for raid dps right? Why on earth are you specced with so many useless/nearly useless talents? This is post-Arcane Blast changes, which makes your primary nuke Arcane Blast, and not Fireball. Which means that the points in Improved FB are a waste. Which makes the points in Ignite a waste, and the points in Burning soul, ect.

Even if you were using Fireball in your rotation (which you really shouldn't be) you don't have torment the Weak. This is a straight 12% damage increase on your tank's primary target. (Read: Any boss.) Glyph of Fireball shouldn't even be considered, since using it in your rotation does make it 'piss-poor'.

Mirror Image shouldn't have a glyph slot wasted, there are much better. Such as Glyph of Arcane Missiles, or Glyph of Molten/Mage Armor. There are much, much better choices.

Then there's Focus Magic. While not necessarily a help by yourself, if you put it on the right target then it will pretty much be a guaranteed 3% crit. The 2 points in Arcane Shielding are half useless, the Mana Shield part should ideally never be utilized, and you won't necessarily be using Mage Armor.

This is basically the cookie-cutter Arcane spec for raid dps. While I can understand not wanting to follow a spec, really it's been proven that unless your main goal is pvp, OR if you need to provide the Scorch buff to your raid, (not really an issue after 3.1) then the points in Fire are pretty much wasted, and getting the talents in Frost up to Icy Veins is pretty much going to be better.
Image
Corilithon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:15 am

Postby The Great JT » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Corilithon wrote:Mirror Image shouldn't have a glyph slot wasted, there are much better. Such as Glyph of Arcane Missiles, or Glyph of Molten/Mage Armor. There are much, much better choices.

Mage major glyphs are good, don't get me wrong, so I'm constantly thinking, "oh what about this, what about that." Those three just came to mind first.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Postby Corilithon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 am

Ok, well, I'm just talking for raiding. The glyphs that are sorta bad for that might be pretty good in pvp. (Lookin' at you, Glyph of Polymorph.)

Not sure about Mirror Image glyph anymore. It might have been raid-useful if they kept it so the Images provided Winter's Chill, but just a 4th copy is sorta the nail in the coffin.

Reading over my post I sorta came off harsher than I intended. Sorry... >.>
Image
Corilithon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:15 am

Postby liamthelad » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 pm

The Great JT wrote:Well, it's new patch build day, which means it's time to update the ol' talent calculators. I'm surprised, it doesn't really look like anything had changed. Or if it had, it hadn't changed very much.



Beast mastery Hunter 54/17/0 Raid DPS
-AND-
Ferocity Pet w/ Beast Mastery
Yes, like everyone else and their mother, I'm doing a Hunter build. This one's a BM build compared to the flavor of the month, Survival. I really had a hunter with a Devilsaur pet in mind (though the talent build can be applied to any Ferocity pet), because that stacking damage-boosting ability (Monstrous Bite), coupled with Rabid, is good for DPS output. Now as for the hunter's talents, what can you say? It's a DPS build based around a class that can best be described as a symbiotic existance (symbiotic = two things reliant on one another, like a remora on a stingray or a shark or something). Either way, this build might not make you tops on the damage charts, but honestly I don't think it matters because those people who obsess over damage charts are pathetic sub-humans.


Pretty good spec considering my main is a hunter.But I never go BM for anything other than leveling.This is my PURE dps build.Am thinking of dual speccing both survival.One with survivability and one for pure dps.Its kinda copied of main hunter of Ensidia and Gerp from the instance :P :P
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunter= ... rsion=9757
Image
User avatar
liamthelad
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Postby Lihonessa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

I decided to take this build. Both my talent tree and my glyphs are displayed in that link.

Anywho, although I have no complaints about the spec at all so far, my problem lies with the glyphs. To actually fill it up, I had to take Glyph of Aquatic Form. Although this is a very useless glyph, there doesn't seem to be any Resto Druid Minor Glyphs left that I can use. :(

Does anybody know any good ones?
Image


 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
User avatar
Lihonessa
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am
Location: Shattrath City

PreviousNext

Return to WoW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests