Neutral Races?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Neutral Races?

Postby Axmak » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I have thought about this for a while and have come to the conclusion of Neutral Races.


Goblins, Tuskarr, Ogres, Naga, and Murlocs.

Those Races could all start in different areas just like any other Race but they should start off on their own Continent......except Tuskarr.

They all have individual capitals like Tuskarrtropolis and Undermine.

They do a quest at level 30 to Attune to a Faction....Alliance or Horde.....These quests work like Aldor and Scryer to allow PvPing and other stuff like that.....


They all can ride mounts for a certain race without being Exalted like Goblins can ride Horses and Undead Horses without going to Exalted with Humans and Forsaken. And they get their own race's mount like the Goblin Rocket MKIII.

The horde and Alliance can be Exalted with the Neutral races as well....

Just an idea......Suggestions?
America: The nation that requires Medication.
Image
User avatar
Axmak
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Location: Somewhere else

Postby kozom1234 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:03 pm

I could rather a neutral "class" rather than neutral races. Having a class like (random ex.) blademasters go through a series of quests similar to the DK chain, and then choose which faction (by a simple choice, like saving an officer of a faction or stopping an invasion).

The only issue with this is you would have to pay attention not only to appearances, but that floating name above their head.

I would also rather them only being able to ride their own mounts and the faction they choose, since there would be major QQ and an unfair advantage to mount achievements to them.


yup, so thats it :wink:
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

Image
User avatar
kozom1234
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 am
Location: Somewhere far too cold.

Re: Neutral Races?

Postby Renkonel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:31 am

Axmak wrote:I have thought about this for a while and have come to the conclusion of Neutral Races.


Goblins, Tuskarr, Ogres, Naga, and Murlocs.

Those Races could all start in different areas just like any other Race but they should start off on their own Continent......except Tuskarr.

They all have individual capitals like Tuskarrtropolis and Undermine.

They do a quest at level 30 to Attune to a Faction....Alliance or Horde.....These quests work like Aldor and Scryer to allow PvPing and other stuff like that.....


They all can ride mounts for a certain race without being Exalted like Goblins can ride Horses and Undead Horses without going to Exalted with Humans and Forsaken. And they get their own race's mount like the Goblin Rocket MKIII.

The horde and Alliance can be Exalted with the Neutral races as well....

Just an idea......Suggestions?



I like this idea, you've thought about it more that i have. I'd be an ogre, for the alliance of course.
Image

Image
User avatar
Renkonel
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 am
Location: south eastern indiana

Postby judgement14 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 am

i thought of this before
but i was thinking of them being something like mercenaries tho
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby ZhakoT » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:47 am

How about, your neutral, but your a slave thorugh your starting point. Slowly you doe the quests, and escape. Prove yourself to a faction. And you could probably qitch from the ally's to the horde, any time... just by doing a quest or something i dunno.
ZhakoT
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 am

Postby judgement14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm

ZhakoT wrote:How about, your neutral, but your a slave thorugh your starting point. Slowly you doe the quests, and escape. Prove yourself to a faction. And you could probably qitch from the ally's to the horde, any time... just by doing a quest or something i dunno.

that would be really unbalanced
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby ZhakoT » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 pm

judgement14 wrote:
ZhakoT wrote:How about, your neutral, but your a slave thorugh your starting point. Slowly you doe the quests, and escape. Prove yourself to a faction. And you could probably qitch from the ally's to the horde, any time... just by doing a quest or something i dunno.

that would be really unbalanced

Ye but as someone else said. You'd be a mercenary. So switching sides is inevitable. However, I don't like the idea, jus tthrowing in a sugeestion.
ZhakoT
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 am

Postby judgement14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:43 pm

ZhakoT wrote:
judgement14 wrote:
ZhakoT wrote:How about, your neutral, but your a slave thorugh your starting point. Slowly you doe the quests, and escape. Prove yourself to a faction. And you could probably qitch from the ally's to the horde, any time... just by doing a quest or something i dunno.

that would be really unbalanced

Ye but as someone else said. You'd be a mercenary. So switching sides is inevitable. However, I don't like the idea, jus tthrowing in a sugeestion.


first of all that was me who said it

maybe alliance and horde would be nuetral at first
and to switch youd have to do an EXTREMELY long chain to prove your self

that would make it a bit less unbalanced
Image

Image

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
User avatar
judgement14
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Does it matter?

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am

I'd say that Neutral races would actually be a pretty good idea, but it won't happen. We all know that Blizzard will have to spend 2 years on trying to create something original for the new Hero class. :(

I'd say that if Neutral races actually came to WoW, there should be some normal starting quests available, which ends in a long chain quest where you ally with either the Horde or the Alliance. That choice should be permanent though.

And lastly, even if they come, we need new and more sprites. There are no Furbolg or Tuskarr females, the Goblins are just reskinned male Dwarves... And I actually don't think that Murlocs and Naga would make good Neutral races lore-wise, since they are basically hostile to all (the only exception being the neutral Murloc camp in Borean Tundra).
Image


 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
User avatar
Lihonessa
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am
Location: Shattrath City

Postby The Great JT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:00 am

They won't do this.

It's too complicated.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:08 am

The Great JT wrote:It's too complicated.


Well, making the new sprites, lands, etc. might be a little complicated, but the quests should be easy. I mean, they've already done it with Death Knights before...
Image


 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
User avatar
Lihonessa
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am
Location: Shattrath City

Postby Mysteria » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:57 am

Actually,goblins already have their own island...its somewhere southern from the Maelstrom and its called Kezan

And Nagas aint neutral dude..those bastards want to kill all the other stuff on azeroth..wait,dont they all wanna do this? O_o (murlocks are the nagas slaves)

And Ogres are simply too stupid to have their own cities and community :D

And yea...goin around with Alliance Tuskarr will be a knife in the back for the Horde Taurens... :lol:
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 am
Location: just behind your door

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Mysteria wrote:Actually,goblins already have their own island...its somewhere southern from the Maelstrom and its called Kezan


I know, I was talking about creating it in-game.

Basically every single continent that holds life is already displayed on Blizzard's official maps, with the exception of Pandaria. :wink:
Image


 /l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
User avatar
Lihonessa
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am
Location: Shattrath City

Postby Mysteria » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Lihonessa wrote:
Mysteria wrote:Actually,goblins already have their own island...its somewhere southern from the Maelstrom and its called Kezan


I know, I was talking about creating it in-game.

Basically every single continent that holds life is already displayed on Blizzard's official maps, with the exception of Pandaria. :wink:


soon my friend,soon..
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 am
Location: just behind your door

Postby Fergie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Why choose a faction? That would defeat the entire purpose of being "neutral", would it not?

I'd suggest having the ability to STAY neutral, and as for PvP....just kill everyone?
Fergie
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:33 am

Next

Return to WoW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest