Rogue
9%
Druid
No votes
Warlock
5%

Total votes : 44

Postby Fergie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 am

Every class is overpowered in some way, that's why I didn't offer any opinion.

This topic is as old as the game itself.

MOST overpowered? In terms of what? DPS? That crown definitely goes to Death Knights at the moment, seeing as they're a Hero class and everything. With nothing but Heroic/Badge epics, one piece of gear from Naxx 10, and SEVEN blue pieces, I'm able to pull 2.8k DPS on Razorscale. I shouldn't even BE in Ulduar with my gear level, but the raid takes me along anyway because of this.

Waiting for someone who plays another DPS class to quote this post and explain to me EXACTLY why I'm full of crap.
Fergie

Postby Kodykahn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:30 am

-sigh- the purpose of this post was to discuss likes, dislikes and opinions on the new patch: 3.1 as with every major patch, things change, thus, while something might have been standing as fact before 3.1, 3.1 might have changed it, like Survivial hunters, while they did get several new things, their most insanely annoying attack, Explosion shot, was dummed down quite a bit so that they were back on a level playing feild with other classes.
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Fergie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:35 am

Actually, that's not what the opening post said at all.

But okay.
Fergie

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 am

I'm surprised no Shammy votes yet.
They were said to be over powered for quite some time.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Kodykahn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 am

Resto shammies aren't very OP anymore, most of the other healers got alot of nifty new stuff, Resto shamans' didn't really... they are just still kinda there...
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby The Great JT » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Bunnytots wrote:I'm surprised no Shammy votes yet.
They were said to be over powered for quite some time.

It's because the people who complain about that are fucking pathetic. Shamans are probably the most gimped class in the game. They don't get a crowd control until 80, they can't out-cast mages or warlocks, they can't out-heal priests or druids, they can't out-melee rogues or warriors and they have little in the ways of protecting themselves.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Lihonessa » Fri May 01, 2009 12:40 am

The Great JT wrote:It's because the people who complain about that are fucking pathetic. Shamans are probably the most gimped class in the game. They don't get a crowd control until 80, they can't out-cast mages or warlocks, they can't out-heal priests or druids, they can't out-melee rogues or warriors and they have little in the ways of protecting themselves.

Finally somebody who admits that Shamans actually need a buff for once.

Lousy totems do not compensate for bad healing and bad damage. :(

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby The Great JT » Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am

Lihonessa wrote:Lousy totems do not compensate for bad healing and bad damage. :(

I have a shaman. I know what I'm talking about. Most people are just talking out of their ass when they say their class is underpowered.

Other Shaman Issues:
    Totem System Is Perpetually Gimped. It's completely stupid that our class is tied down by an immobile ward with a 30-yard range.
    We Don't Get Our Good Spells Early Enough. We're finally getting Hex, our only crowd control spell, and Lava Burst, essentially a cast-time version of Conflagrate, but we don't get the latter until 75 and the former until 80. And everywehre in between that is gimpsville.
    Being Seen As Overpowered. Just because we can heal and damage makes people think we're overpowered. We are not. As mentioned, we can't out-cast casters, out-heal healers or out-melee rogues or warriors.

The Great JT

Postby Fergie » Fri May 01, 2009 6:00 am

Of course you can't out-heal healing classes, out-cast casting classes, or out-melee melee classes.

YOU'RE

A

HYBRID
Fergie

Postby The Great JT » Fri May 01, 2009 6:11 am

Fergie wrote:Of course you can't out-heal healing classes, out-cast casting classes, or out-melee melee classes.

YOU'RE

A

HYBRID

Doesn't stop druids or paladins from out-healing, out-meleeing or out-tanking.

The Great JT

Postby Kodykahn » Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 am

Eh, I wouldn't say druids much on the out-tanking anymore, they just got anouther darn nerf, all the other tanks complain about a druid's high hp pool, oh boo-hoo, least you get parry,dodge, and block (cept dks) then add on your armor and hp, all us druids got is dodge and if that fails we get it straight in the face >.< we also have like, no abilities to reduce magic damage, I know DK's and warriors have ways with dealing with magic, dunno about paladins...
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Chatrata » Sat May 02, 2009 3:46 am

Prot pally's are the best tanks in the game imo, they're like frost DK's without the retardedness.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby The Great JT » Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 am

The reason paladins got so strong is because of:
    -Less Reliance On Mana Pool In The Change To % Base Mana.
    -Spells Scale With Attack Power And Spell Power.
    -They've Always Been Powerhouses, Just Buried In Mountains Of Nerfs And Spell Damage Requirements.

Please stop complaining about my class.

The Great JT

Postby kozom1234 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:53 am

I'm suprised no one has said mages. There is a lot of mirror image buff QQ going around lately.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Chatrata » Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 am

The Great JT wrote:The reason paladins got so strong is because of:
    -Less Reliance On Mana Pool In The Change To % Base Mana.
    -Spells Scale With Attack Power And Spell Power.
    -They've Always Been Powerhouses, Just Buried In Mountains Of Nerfs And Spell Damage Requirements.
Please stop complaining about my class.

I'm not complaining, my paladin just hit 60 today :P
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

PreviousNext

Return to WoW