WoW Pet Peeves

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

WoW Pet Peeves

Postby kozom1234 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:01 am

Not sure if there was ever a thread on this, but here we can talk about our biggest WoW pet peeves.

1. Ogres pushing me off a cliff that i barely survive, then another ogre kills me.

2. The aldor elevator

3. Those damn horde mages in Dalaran. One wrong turn and POOF
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Lihonessa » Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 am

Wasn't there already an other topic for this?

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Bunnytots » Thu May 07, 2009 6:16 am

I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Chatrata » Thu May 07, 2009 6:46 am

To be fair, that thread hasn't been posted in a while, and it was either Necro that or post this, neither of which would be liked.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby The Great JT » Thu May 07, 2009 6:52 am

Probably, but who the fuck cares. Now here's my top 12 annoyances in World of Warcraft. Why top 12? Because I like to go one step beyond and one step further.

1. Aldor Elevator. Now I'm sure this pisses off almost everybody. It's a one-way death trap. The only way out is a Shaman reincarnation or a laughed-at corpse run or maybe a Levitate/Slow Fall. This is one reason I always went Scryer.

2. Questgiver NPC Killed. This really can happen anywhere, but I'm talking about in Sholazar Basin. Like, when I'm doing Oracles dailies (when I feel like doing 'em), and someone kills the questgiver during a Frenzyheart quest. It's annoying, to be sure, but that's part of the "warring factions" thing in Sholazar. But then there's the asshats who kill NPCs in cities like Tarren Mill and Goldshire. These guys need to be banned. Why would they do that? Because it's a form of griefing. It's essentially them saying "ha ha, I have wasted your time, whatcha gonna do about it." Because at those levels in those zones, there's really not much you can do about it, save go PvP and get your ass handed to you.

3. Topper McNabb. This little pissant is that homeless guy that stands in the alley behind the Auction House in Stormwind, endlessly blathering annoying "I'm homeless" lines or ripping off Wimpy from the old Popeye cartoons which I miss terribly. I really just want to reach into the game and pull his head off.

4. The Fury of the Dragonslayer Buff From Turning In The Head Of Onyxia/Nefarian. I don't know what it is, but this buff seems to be programmed to never give me the buff. Normally I'll enter a city just after it's been applied, which does piss me off. Then there'll be times I'm standing in Orgrimmar or Stormwind, usually getting training, and the buff won't even apply itself to me. Yes, it has a level cap of 60, but I'm talking about on my lower-level characters. It really pisses me off.

5. Ninja Looters. This needs to be outlawed. Yes, I could understand a rogue hitting "Need" on that caster ring against the mage accidentally, but blaming it on lag is bullshit. The worst are raid ninjas. Their shield seems to be "it's for off-spec." But when that excuse is coming from a warlock, mage, hunter or rogue, you know they're caught and they're just trying to dance around the issue.

6. Gold Spammers. "u buy gold plox US dollars only k thx bye"...oh god it feels like my monitor was raped by a belt sander. I really just wish these guys would stop it. Buying gold is against the game's terms of service and Blizzard seems content with not stopping them. SusanExpress seems to be the most rampant these days. Which makes me wonder why they [Blizz] don't just shut the site down.

7. Roleplayers Who Missed The Point. There are good roleplayers. They brush up on the lore and know what's going on in the game. Then there are the other ones who treat WoW like a digital medieval festival. Adding "eth" on the end of words, throwing around "forsooth" and "doth" instead of normal words, ones who never seem to know what lore is, yeah, those guys. It's even worse Horde-side when you hear trolls talking like that. Alliance ones are annoying, at best, but seeing dwarves, draenei and night elves do that is like a gigantic head smash on your keyboard.

8. Roleplayers With Dumb/Annoying/Bland Backstories/Godmodders. Especially ones who spurt shit about being vampires, related to a major lore character, saying they killed a major lore character or blah blah blah, you get the idea. These guys need to be shot in the face. Nobody is related to Uther. You cannot be related to Alonsous Faol. Then there's the godmodders, who basically just say "I can do whatever I want" and then do a /e kills you. Normally I just laugh at their dumb faces and spurt something about divine protection (not the spell). They are the ass of the Roleplaying community, and most are quickly forgotten about.

9. Mobs Who Attempt To Run Away In Fear. Unless you use Judgement of Justice or a bunch of stuns/slows, it's a bunch of annoying ass-shit to see mobs run off and agro more mobs before you're ready. And when you're surviving by the skin of your teeth only to have a runner trigger another mob, it's like having someone massage your eyes with sand and salt.

10. PvP Whiners/Arena Whiners/PvP and Arena Invite Spammers. These are the guys who complain that AV is broken for the Alliance (unless you're arguing in the favor of the Horde) or convinced that Arena is the only thing worthwhile in WoW. If you want PvP, go play Warhammer. WoW is more PvE-based, so I'm gonna stay in the PvE end of the pool. And then there's the people who fanatically invite people to PvP. Now I don't like PvP. Never have, never will. So when I get asked to PvP and I just want to run a heroic or something, I say no. And then when people insult you for it, that really gets my blood boiling.

11. Gankers/Corpse-Campers. These guys need to be thrown into a sacrificial mole pit. Now they're really prelevant on PvP servers, but there are a few on PvE. These guys stand around, killing lower-level players and sitting on/near their corpses just so they can do it again. Why? Because it gives them a feeling of superiority. It is common knowledge, though, that they will never get laid and are going to be sacrificed to the volcano god soon enough.

12. People Who Just Don't Learn What They're Supposed To Do. Noobs or Donalds are pretty good nicknames, but their real name is idiots. These are the tanks, healers and DPSers that can't quite get a grasp on what they're doing. Warriors tanking in Battle Stance, Shadow Priest Healers, Mages who spam AOEs in instances, most Hunters, you get the idea. They also refuse to listen to suggestions and believe they are right and everyone else is wrong. Never invite them to a guild. Ever.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Chatrata » Thu May 07, 2009 7:02 am

JT, those should be put into the ToS
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby celticfrosty » Thu May 07, 2009 9:21 am

here here (hear, hear?) JT! the ones i recognize piss me off as well.

I went Aldor but have no real experience with the apparently faulty elevator...what's the deal? just missing it on the way down and falling? or getting caught underneath it when it drops?
My, you're a TALL one!
celticfrosty

Postby Chatrata » Thu May 07, 2009 11:45 am

It is probably my most common cause of death. That and the UC elevator.

Also, it's hear hear :)
Chatrata

Postby judgement14 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 am

the deal is that you have to wait for it
and people are usually impatient about it
so they jump and die

but since im a pally i just use my bubble

except for the times i forget i used my bubble about 3 minutes earlier and am trying to find my blessing/hand of protection on the way down
and most likely die

I agree with you (JT) on

2, 4ish, 5, 6ish, 8, 10ish, 11, 12

i havent really played on an RP realm b4 tho

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:15 pm

i had a feeling this was posted before, but its halfway down the second page and i DO NOT care that much.

also,

1. Fel reaver when speakers are off and im not paying attention

2. number locking into a mob when you can't stop moving forwards.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby SeT » Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 pm

I went Aldor but have no real experience with the apparently faulty elevator...what's the deal? just missing it on the way down and falling? or getting caught underneath it when it drops?

The Aldor Elevator is like the Undercity Elevator. If you try to get on as it starts to move, you won't catch it until it's to late.

A lot of my pet peeves appear in WoW but aren't wow specific so leaving those out, I can't think of many that aren't mentioned in JT's post.

The only ones that come to mind are:

1. Getting Ninja'd in any way. Ninja looting isn't the only occurrence. This also happens during simple solo questing. Were you the one that just busted your ass killing everything in the area and needed a recharge? Then you're the one that deserves to kill the quest mob/loot the quest trunk(damned scarlet onslaught quest), not the douche that followed you in and killed nothing. My biggest problem with this is they usually get in and out without a problem, leaving you to wait for the respawn while the rest of the area also spawns around you so you also have a grind back out of wherever you are.

2. Stupid names. Granted, there are enough people playing this game at this point that it is difficult to think of an original name on some servers but it's not just player names I'm talking about. Tons of hunters give their pets ridiculous names too. Every time I see a pet named xNoobcruncherx, I want to slap the player sitting at the other keyboard. The same goes for guild names. Please use spell check. Or, if your guild name was taken, please for the love of FSM, don't just misspell the guild name on purpose.
SeT

Postby Chatrata » Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 pm

I called my pet Spotts, because it's a snow leopard, does that count as a bad pet name?

Ignore the typo.

Also, I thought because people often call their IRL pets things like that.
Chatrata

Postby judgement14 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:25 pm

one of my cats' name is Ninja

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby cookiemanyay » Thu May 07, 2009 1:38 pm

No my dogs have normal names.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Corilithon » Thu May 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Slow Fall always defeated the Aldor elevator for me... and then there was the Flying Mount to defeat it. Aldor wasn't an issue for me until I found out about the Scryer hit trinket. A sad day indeed.

I hate Trade spammers. Like really. Who gives a rats ass if your friend just logged on? That's what whispers are for. YES, I realize your guild is recruiting, but we don't need 3 recruit macros a second. Someone made a reference to ass? The 'Anal [Ability]' game is up. Goddamn.

Now an intelligent conversation, discussion, or legitimate question over Trade chat is okay sometimes, but when it's just mindless spam it's annoying as hell. I spend most of my time outside of the main cities nowadays.

This is more mage-specific, but I hate people randomly opening trade with me asking for food/water, or someone in Exodar asking for a portal when i'm in Ironforge. Really. I don't exsist to taxi people around.
Corilithon

Next

Return to WoW