When the WoW servers are down

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Gabtraf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 am

I kinda figured but eh, I didn't really cared for the story of that game... well except the assassinations.
Darkness Incarnate..
Gabtraf

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 am

im gonna get the next assassins creed when it comes out
but i do laugh at the fact that they had to add another hidden blade
that just makes me laugh

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:49 am

Since we're on the topic of assassins its time to LEARN, hurray!! (i learned this is angels and demons, the book not the movie)

Did you know the term assassin comes from the old meaning hashshashin?
hashshashins were arabic assassins in the middle ages who would smoke large amounts of marijuana before a kill to calm down and relax and after the kill to celebrate!

So whenever Alt'air would lie down by those "vases" in the hidden assassin's quarters, he actually was smoking marijuana...which is why the screen goes all white (constant drug use in video games is not smiled upon)

THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:55 am

kozom1234 wrote:Since we're on the topic of assassins its time to LEARN, hurray!! (i learned this is angels and demons, the book not the movie)

hashshashins were arabic assassins in the middle ages who would smoke large amounts of marijuana before a kill to calm down and relax and after the kill to celebrate!

So whenever Alt'air would lie down by those "vases" in the hidden assassin's quarters, he actually was smoking marijuana...which is why the screen goes all white (constant drug use in video games is not smiled upon)

THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!

so wait were all those hallucinations after the kill and at the end of the game actually from Alt'air being high?

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby The Great JT » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:27 am

During today's downtime, I finished off the Broken Steel expansion in Fallout 3. Maybe I'll post a "Fallout 3 DLC In Retrospect" review after I polish off Mothership Zeta. After it comes out on Monday, that is.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Judai » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35 pm

kozom1234 wrote:Since we're on the topic of assassins its time to LEARN, hurray!! (i learned this is angels and demons, the book not the movie)

THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!

Isn't that Also wat the LotR guys are based on, the Desert People, The Harsharin or w/e they are
Judai

Postby Dragonas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:46 am

yep that's exactly what they are based off of. And I've seen the AC2 trailer, i'm excited. I think the adding of Divinci's flying machines was a neat twist. As for the hara-hoobaloosss.... k so I forgot how to spell that one... anyway, they still have those in certain parts of the middle east. I met a few while I was deployed to the desert one of the 500 times I've been. They smoke hashish. (kinda smells like a skunk) out of their hookas. And exactly as posted previously... so they can remain calm. It was said that it steadied their nerves. I think though they just liked to get stoned alot. Who doesn't? well. .. I mean... err... I'm probably going to get drug tested now... sheesh.
Dragonas

Postby liamthelad » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:03 am

]

Yeah but did you do right like me and read angels and demons FIRST then the Da vinci code.I read both of em in order and havent seen the films yet.Angels and Demons has quite a bit of factual evidence behind it but the da vinci code is just bullshit XD
liamthelad

Postby kozom1234 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 am

i read angels and demons and then davinci code, yes. And davinci code had some evidence to it, but it most was a "what if" sort of book.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Dragonas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am

I would seriously have to agree... I wasn't sure how they'd play the whole mother mary was a whore idea... but didn't hurt too bad. I'm sure a bunch of Catholics were PISSED. But meh... art is art... and most infringes on someone's sense or normalcy... or what they deem PC. Over-all Angels and Demons was a much better book I think. I don't think I could ever get into a video game version of it though... not without a bunch of actions and space-clowns... you MUST have spaceclowns.
Dragonas

Postby Noodles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

When the wow servers are down i bore myself to death... and revive when their back
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Previous

Return to WoW