Ridiculous applications

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Ridiculous applications

Postby Trania » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 am

Here you can post quotes of the most ridiculous applications your guild has seen. And I'm not just talking about lying about raid-experience (thank you armory + achievements!), but applications from people that just don't get it. In other words: Donalds.

Here are some quotes from Knights Eternal, a PvE raiding guild that requires players to be 21+ and have at least Naxx25-gear. On the forums we have a recruitment template which people can fill out. Here are some quotes from the most ridiculous or funny anwers we got:

Druid apply wrote:- Why do you wanna join Knights Eternal?:Cause i want to take gear for every specc and dont like pugging(well m8s u said that u want resto ...i know that all ur ppl have better gear than naxx 25...so if we go naxx 10 u would need the gear??,second u dont want feral druid and i am feral and got good balance gear,but if u want me resto i need gear,i could just say no and stay only feral but i say ok and i go every specc u want but atleast help me a bit too LOL)Got feral specc alrdy

- If you don't have dual spec, are you willing to respec?:I want some boosts naxx 25 or 10 to take gear and i will go everyspecc u want

- Anything you wish to add:I dont like asking me for the age cause game says 12+ so i could only right 12+ and just leave it but ok

He really didn't get it. :roll:

Mage wrote:Etsin raidi kiltaa magelleni koska olen aktiivinen raidaaja. Magella on 4/5 valorous ja 25man naxx gear (jotain 10man geariakin löytyy).

What the hell? I can understand 4 languages and speak 3 of them, but this is not one of them! To add up to this: it was posted in the wrong part of the forums (our recruitment-forum is called "recruitment").

Shaman wrote:Good understanding of english language: 1-10 = 6-7

I still don't understand what bad mathematics have got to do with the English language.

Mage wrote:Class: Mage
Race: Gnome
Level: 21 at the moment

I guess he wanted a raiding guild early... but unfortunatly I didn't think it would work out between us. ;)
Trania

Postby Crusader » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:28 am

Back in classic I had the privilege to be in the top horde guild on the Venture co EU. We had a lively 'competition' with the top alliance guild and all the server was talking about who would kill what boss first. All the Server first Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and outdoor bosses were basically divided between these two guilds. It was we who participated in the legendary "Moonglade '06". Naturally, everyone wanted in.

This became annoying. Suddenly everyone is your friend, wants to learn your talent spec, wants to do instances with you that have no gear improvements to you whatsoever, etc. Even logging on became an ordeal as 5 people would immediately whisper you to group with them, etc. It didn't help I was one of the first five level 60 resto druids (for you youngings, back in the day feral spec didn't work, balance was about 1/2 the damage of a mage and all that was left was resto. And let me tell you, back in the days levelling as a resto druid was infinitely more painful then it is today). So we grew tired of it. Being king of the world only amuses you for so long.

So we set up a recruitment forum for the kicks of it. Placed a form with about 25 questions, asked for vague things like "What interests you about WoW?" etc. Of course, half of them were trick questions. If you couldn't raid 4 days a week? DENIED! You're in it for the loot? DENIED! You won't come to wipe nights? DENIED! In the infamous words of our guildleader, and the motto of the guild since then; "wipe wipe wipe, learn learn learn." If you didn't live up to that motto, you were not worthy.

Of course, the recruitment forum was a sham. We already knew who we were going to pick before they even came near that form. Basically only people who we knew, who had as good a gear you can get without raiding, of a class we absolutely needed, etc. Then they'd go on trial runs with us and we pick a few left and right. A RL friend of mine and two other guildies came with us on a trial, he was a warrior, not bad at tanking. There were two other trial tanks. The three trials weren't allowed on Teamspeak so we could discuss their performance. Of course, our friend was the prime candidate because we knew he could do the job. The guildmaster knew it, the raid knew it, just not the other two warriors. So there would be lively discussions in the trend of "I wonder if one of those two sees the core hound sneaking up on the raid. Stay put guys, let it aggro and see which one picks it up first." Then there were intentional 'oopsie' pulls, etc. We were real bastards at that, as if we were sending toddlers down navy seal marine training courses. Only the creme the la creme would emerge alive. barely.

So did we have a lot of fun reading applications? Oh yes... The barely legible ones were fun. Even funnier were the people we burned for not reading the minimal requirements. Damn, I wish I still had those forms.
Crusader

Postby Trania » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:42 am

Rogue wrote:WotLK raid experience: good, dont have done Ulduar 10/25

No comment.

I'll not even start on the people answering the "Do you understand good English?-question" with "Yes", and then making a lot of spelling errors.
Even worse: some people answer it with "yesj" or "yeas" or "it ain't a problem".
Most people don't believe me when I tell them that "ain't" ain't a word. :lol:
Trania

Postby cookiemanyay » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Anyone here ever do the Transfer Trick? Oh ho ho back when server hopping was introduced a lot of people went to my server because of the average pop. and high level raid guilds. We would get up around 80 kids a day asking to join so our GM had a smart idea. He changed the application requirements on our website. One of them stating
-1000g to 5000g requirement.
The amount of gold donated would dictate what rank you received in the guild. We all thought it was hilarious, but people started giving us gold in-game we thought of doing something a little devious.
1. They would give us gold
2. we would take them to a raid
3. If the guy played great we would keep him, anything short of spectacular and we would just kick him on the spot.

All in all we made about 20k gold.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby liamthelad » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 pm

I'll talk about my own app which I failed.Im about the 30th best horde hunter on my server in terms of gear.I got whatever app i wanted and was in some pretty above average guilds...I got cocky.I put an app in for the best end game guild in my server horde side which only accepts 1% of apps.I have better gear than 3 of their hunters and I thought wth.Got in an argument with a know it all about Son of Hodir exalted which i coudnt be arsed for and said "next patch theirs new shoulder enchants neway" ..../sigh
liamthelad

Postby Bright_eyes » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:59 pm

I was being interviewed for a good raiding guild in game. All of a sudden after answering the question, I see the guy has logged off. >.>
Bright_eyes

Postby Renkonel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:13 am

Trania wrote:
Rogue wrote:WotLK raid experience: good, dont have done Ulduar 10/25

No comment.

I'll not even start on the people answering the "Do you understand good English?-question" with "Yes", and then making a lot of spelling errors.
Even worse: some people answer it with "yesj" or "yeas" or "it ain't a problem".
Most people don't believe me when I tell them that "ain't" ain't a word. :lol:

"Ain't" isn't a word but you know what it means so whats the problem?

Renkonel

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:17 am

An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Choppermad » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Ain%27t

Served
Choppermad

Postby The Great JT » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Someone I see from time to time on the Rooster Teeth forums says that one of the requirements for her guild is an MSPaint drawing of your character.

I was proud to award her "Most Useless Thing To Put On A Guild Application."

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:04 pm

The Great JT wrote:Someone I see from time to time on the Rooster Teeth forums says that one of the requirements for her guild is an MSPaint drawing of your character.

I was proud to award her "Most Useless Thing To Put On A Guild Application."

What if they asked what their shoe size is
or an MSPaint drawing of MISTER T

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:51 pm

My guild asks a random question to see what kind of person you are and how you think, and the epic question is...

1.In your opinion, should gnomes be allowed to have pink hair?

Yup, thats it.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Trania » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Renkonel wrote:"Ain't" isn't a word but you know what it means so whats the problem?

I do know what it means, but if when asked if you have a good understanding of the English language, and you answer with a sentence that involved the word "ain't"... you still fail.

Why are you suggesting I think it's a problem? I'm just having a laugh about it, that's what this topic is about.
Trania

Postby Mysteria » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:47 am

Trania wrote:
Renkonel wrote:"Ain't" isn't a word but you know what it means so whats the problem?

I do know what it means, but if when asked if you have a good understanding of the English language, and you answer with a sentence that involved the word "ain't"... you still fail.

Why are you suggesting I think it's a problem? I'm just having a laugh about it, that's what this topic is about.

ain't sounds awesome : / and thats why i am using it! :D
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Postby Renkonel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 am

Mysteria wrote:
Trania wrote:

ain't sounds awesome : / and thats why i am using it! :D

It just sticks to ya the more you use it

Renkonel

Next

Return to WoW