Cross.Faction.Transfers.

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Cross.Faction.Transfers.

Postby kozom1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Via Wow.com

Blizzard is implementing a faction switching service.

There is no immediate indication if this will be a free service or a pay service, however based on their past name change, character appearance, and server transfer services it likely will carry with it a small fee.

People have been talking about the ability for characters to switch races and factions for a long time. It appears to finally be here. Neth mentions that "the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm."

She goes on to say that this will be carefully orchestrated to limit the impact in gameplay, and that they don't have all the details worked out yet. There are a lot of things to work out in this – mounts, quests, tabards, pets, achievements, etc... You don't really want to see a Blood Elf Paladin riding around on a Human Charger.

Stay tuned for more information on this very cool change as it's released.

The full announcement after the break.

The announcement from Nethaera:

We wanted to give everyone a very early heads-up that, in response to player requests, we're developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. There's still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we're pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the faction-change service in a way that won't disrupt the gameplay experience on the realms, and there will be some rules involved with when and how the service can be used. The number of variables involved increases the complexity of implementing this service, but we plan to take the time needed to ensure that it lives up to expectations before officially rolling it out. We'll go into much more detail on all of this here at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as development progresses. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that because this type of functionality requires extensive internal testing well in advance of release, you may be seeing bits and pieces of the service in the test builds we use for the public test realms moving forward.

/nerdspasm
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Gabtraf » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 pm

To quote myself from the Wow forums

Soon enough half of the alliance will transfer to horde and then Horde will start losing BGs, and wonder why they are losing..

Thus the process will repeat it self.

I'm surprised they haven't added it eariler
Darkness Incarnate..
Gabtraf

Postby The Great JT » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:08 pm

This concept intrigues and perplexes Lrrr.

I will spare your planet long enough to see the semantics come out!

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Judai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:35 pm

I actually contributed to this happening, I QQ'd to blizzard heaps about wanting to change my Female Nelf into a Human, and they should further define the Character Customization, and they got me to agree to some legal shit and stuff so that I couldn't benefit from it financially.

But I'm glad they're doing it, my Nelf will finally be a Human and my Belf can be a Nelf :D
Judai

Postby Cass » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Unless I misunderstood what I read, the intended use of this service isn't going to be to go from one alliance race to another. Rather, from one alliance race to horde race, etc.

ie: My Night Elven Druid would become my Tauren Druid.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby kozom1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Cass is correct, Judai is wrong.

Cross faction, not cross race. I hope they allow you to choose your race and details and don't just apply the orb of deception buff to you and hope you enjoy your new face.

kozom1234

Postby Judai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Idc I don't play my Nelf neways, at least my Belf Hunter can become ally to play with mah niggas, but I can always make my Nelf into a horde then make it bak into a Human, I was just excited and didn't think how much it could possibly cost...

Edit:

Can you provide me a direct link so I can show people?

Pls & Ty
Judai

Postby judgement14 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 pm

id much rather them make it so that you can fly in old azeroth

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Judai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 pm

judgement14 wrote:id much rather them make it so that you can fly in old azeroth

And thus permanently getting rid of land mounts
Judai

Postby judgement14 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 pm

its as permanently as the normal land mounts
we use them till we get an upgrade
also dont forget we use them in Dal

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Judai » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 pm

judgement14 wrote:its as permanently as the normal land mounts
we use them till we get an upgrade
also dont forget we use them in Dal

I actually forget to use my mount a lot... sometimes I forget why I even bothered buying em...
Judai

Postby kozom1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:11 pm

judgement14 wrote:id much rather them make it so that you can fly in old azeroth

Not going to happen sadly azeroth is built with smoke and mirrors (theres a video shoeing how 2d it really is somewhere)

And judai go to blue.mmo-champion.com for link :)

kozom1234

Postby cookiemanyay » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 pm

How are they going to transfer Faction related items though? Say you have an alliance only quest and you have the quest materials what would happen to the mats?Also what about reputation? If you have a lvl 80 and switch you'll miss a lot of rep. you got form leveling and battlegrounds and such.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Trania » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Well, there's two options for the reputation:

- You either loose it all
- Or you get the same reputation with the equavalent faction. (Honor Hold = Thrallmar, Silverwing Sentinels = Warsong Outriders, etc.)

It will definatly not be easy. Think of achievements as The Loremaster, the reputation achievements and "For the ...".
Trania

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 am

I think that they might give up, some of us have roughly 60 days on our mains (I have like 72 days...meh) and that would really be hard to transfer all the stuff we have done to the opposite faction. Blizz might just be all like "Tooooo Hard" and stop.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Next

Return to WoW