Tier 9 Fails

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Tier 9 Fails

Postby liamthelad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:16 am

OK as you know the new patch puts you up against faction heroes and drops some tier 9.Check it out here http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?t ... 0.0.Naming it after famous characters eg the shammy sets are Thrall for horde and Nobundo for alliance.Well heres the problem....THRALL WOULD NOT WEAR THE SAMY SHITTY MODEL AS ALL OTHER FACTION CHAMPIONS DAMMIT.And hunters both have windrunner armor!!I dont care about those bitches give me some fucking rexxar shit :D
liamthelad

Postby Judai » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Lol...
Judai

Postby The Great JT » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Ok, okay, I'm sure people are wondering who some of these people on the sets are. Well, let me elaborate.

Alliance
Death Knight: Thassarian - First of the Alliance Death Knights. You run into him pretty often in Northrend if you're Alliance.
Druid: Malfurion - Malfurion Stormrage, Archdruid and spiritual leader of the Night Elves.
Hunter: Windrunner - I assume this would be Vareesa, the leader of the Silver Covenant, but it could also be Alleria. When I get to the Horde Windrunner set, I'll elaborate.
Mage: Khadgar - Former apprentice to Medivh, closed the Dark Portal at the end of the Second War, now hangs out with A'dal in Shattrath City.
Priest: Velen - Leader of the Draenei, foresaw all the events of the Burning Crusade expansion. Only one of the three Eredar leaders to decline Sargeras' offer of untold power in exchange for service (the other two being Archimonde and Kil'jaeden...where have I heard those names before?). Still can't forsee Horde raid groups killing him for achievements.
Rogue: VanCleef - Edwin VanCleef, leader of the Defias Brotherhood, former leader of the Stormwind Stonemasons Guild, trained as an assassin, turned rogue and started an underground attack (the Defias Brotherhood) against Stormwind when the House of Nobles refused to pay him and the Stonemasons Guild for rebuilding Stormwind.
Shaman: Nobundo - First Draenei shaman and first shaman since Gul'dan severed the link between the orcs and the elements, tought shamaninsm to the Draenei, hangs out in the Exodar.
Warlock: Kel'Thuzad - Former member of the Kirin Tor, began practicing necromancy and was thrown out of the KT for it, began serving the Lich King, founded the Cult of the Damned, killed by Arthas the Paladin, raised into undeath as a lich by Arthas the Death Knight, majordomo and right hand of Arthas the Lich King.
Warrior: Wrynn - Varian Wrynn, King of Stormwind.

Horde
Death Knight: Koltira - Koltira Deathweaver, (presumed) First of the Horde Death Knights. Like Thassarian with the Alliance, you run into Koltira pretty often in Horde settlements.
Druid: Runetotem - Hamuul Runetotem, Arch Druid of the Tauren, blessed with the touch of nature by Malfurion Stormrage at the Battle of Mount Hyjal, first recognized Tauren Druid in twenty generations, first tauren to join the Cenarion Circle.
Hunter: Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner, former Ranger-General of Silvermoon, slain by Arthas during his siege of Quel'thalas, raised as a banshee at same time, freed the Forsaken of the Lich King's control. Now, it's wierd because this and the Alliance set both share the same name. It's my opinion that the Alliance's is Valeera and the Horde's is Sylvanas because they both openly represent their respective faction (Sylvanas siding with the Horde, Valeera opening a portion of Dalaran to the Alliance). It can be interpreted that the Alliance version's can be Alleria, who was part of the Alliance Expeditionary Force with Khadgar, Danath Trollbane, Kurdan Wildhammer and Turalyon, but since Alleria has yet to be seen in the game and Valeera HAS been seen, it's a pretty safe bet that it's Valeera's.
Mage: Sunstrider - Kael'thas Sunstrider, former (and fallen) Prince of the Blood Elves. Denounced when it was revealed that Kael'thas had joined the Burning Legion.
Paladin: Liardin - Lady Liardin, the first of the Blood Knights, the Blood Elf paladins. She gave A'dal and the Sha'tar the assistance of the Blood Knights during The Burning Crusade, and she temporarily showed up in the Sunwell Plateau.
Priest: Zabra - Zabra Hexx, some guy from the Ashbringer comic series. His weapon, Zabra's Misplaced Staff, is a BOE rare item.
Rogue: Garona - Garona Halforcen, a half-orc liason and assassin. Killed Varian Wrynn's father during the First War. This act, though traumatizing to Garona, was the workings of the Old God Yogg-Saron.
Shaman: Thrall - Warchief and Supreme Overlord of the Horde. Orcish name is Go'el, but he keeps Thrall (it means "slave") as his name as a reminder that his people will never be cast back into slavery as long as he is Warchief.
Warlock: Gul'dan - Orcish warlock and mastermind of the Shadow Council. When his mentor, Ner'zhul, refused to serve Kil'jaeden beyond a certain point, Gul'dan quickly and eagerly did what Ner'zhul refused to. Created the first Death Knight, Teron Gorefiend. During the Second War, he took many of the warlock clans of the Horde and set out for the Broken Isles, in an attempt to find and aquire the Eye of Sargeras out of a lust for godhood. Killed by rampant demons in the Tomb of Sargeras. His treachery spelled the end of the orcish assault on the human kingdoms of Lordaeron and Stormwind.
Warrior: Hellscream - Grommash "Grom" Hellscream, chieftain of the Warsong orc clan, and only orc chieftains to survive the explosion of the Dark Portal with his clan intact and the only clan to evade capture and imprisonment in the Internment Camps. Killed in Demon Fall Canyon after killing Mannoroth by a resulting explosion. Former right hand to Thrall. Like with the Windrunner armor, this one could actually be named for Garrosh Hellscream, the current leader of the Warsong clan and Grommash's son, but Grom seems to be the more likely candidate.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am

i still think Vancleef was a bad choice tho
UNLESS

THE DEADMINES WERE JUST A SETBACK

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby wnxcow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:14 am

The Great JT wrote:Ok, okay, I'm sure people are wondering who some of these people on the sets are. Well, let me elaborate.

Alliance
Death Knight: Thassarian - First of the Alliance Death Knights. You run into him pretty often in Northrend if you're Alliance.

Horde
Death Knight: Koltira - Koltira Deathweaver, (presumed) First of the Horde Death Knights. Like Thassarian with the Alliance, you run into Koltira pretty often in Horde settlements.

Warlock: Gul'dan - Orcish warlock and mastermind of the Shadow Council. When his mentor, Ner'zhul, refused to serve Kil'jaeden beyond a certain point, Gul'dan quickly and eagerly did what Ner'zhul refused to. Created the first Death Knight, Teron Gorefiend. During the Second War, he took many of the warlock clans of the Horde and set out for the Broken Isles, in an attempt to find and aquire the Eye of Sargeras out of a lust for godhood. Killed by rampant demons in the Tomb of Sargeras. His treachery spelled the end of the orcish assault on the human kingdoms of Lordaeron and Stormwind.

am i the only one that notices this goes against first ally dk and first horde dk? S:

was teron Gorefiend nnot with one of those at all?:S

wnxcow

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 am

he wasnt allied with the horde or alliance
no DKs were

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby wnxcow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:42 am

even before he became a DK? :P

wnxcow

Postby judgement14 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 am

that doesnt matter
he might have been but its AFTER people became DKs

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby The Great JT » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:49 am

First death knight with no free will, fine, what-the-fuck-ever!

The Great JT

Postby liamthelad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 pm

But I know about the windrunner sisters and frankly rexxar would be a better choice for the horde hunter one.And they look identical and shitty..Since when does thrall wear the same as Sylvanas
liamthelad

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=75153.0

On a related note Shammies look hella gay.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby ZhakoT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:14 am

cookiemanyay wrote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=75153.0

On a related note Shammies look hella gay.

And Paladins don't?
ZhakoT

Postby wnxcow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 am

bubbleboy = out
ROBOCOP = IN!!!

poor shammy's, to bright set for PvP..

Poor pala, look like robo cop! O_O

wnxcow

Postby The Great JT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:44 am

It just dawned on me that I forgot about paladins Alliance-side. Allow me to remedy this.

Paladin: Turalyon - Former second-in-command of Alliance forces under Anduin Lothar. When Lothar was killed at the Battle of Blackrock Spire, Turalyon took up Lother's shield and rallied the Alliance, defeating the Horde. For this, he was promoted to his mentor's former position of General. When the threat of another attack from the orcs became likely, he and Khadgar, Alleria Windrunner, Kurdan Wildhammer and Danath Trollbane and their forces stormed through the Dark Portal to end the orcish threat. Hasn't been heard from since. Presumed dead, a P.O.W. or M.I.A.

The Great JT

Postby ZhakoT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:05 am

wnxcow wrote:bubbleboy = out
ROBOCOP = IN!!!

poor shammy's, to bright set for PvP..

Poor pala, look like robo cop! O_O

When my Paladin toon is in tier 9, i will kill myself.
ZhakoT

Next

Return to WoW