New Races?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

New Races?

Postby Barke » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 pm

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/10/cataclysm-races-leaked/

It Demands discussing,
It has been leaked from many sources, that the next Expansion will feature 2 new races
Alliance - Worgen

Horde - Goblins

Lore-wise it does seem to add up, but i want to know what you guys think :D
Barke

Postby cookiemanyay » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:37 pm

We have WEREWOLVES and you whordes have green midgets.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 am

It's silly to assume that if Blizzard added masks of worgen and goblins to the game, we'll them as new races in new expansion. I bet there will be no new races, or if so, there will be goblins who may choose between joining either Alliance or the Horde.

Besides, just imagine a worgen in full plate armor. And what mounts they're supposed to have? Goblins still could ride on turtles, like Landro's bodyguards in Booty Bay, or maybe on ogres like Alchemist in Warcraft 3 =P.
vergil77

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 am

What will werewolves ride?Devalsaurs.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Barke » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 am

They could maybe have a plainsrunning type speed, like Tauren in the Beta
Barke

Postby Judai » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:36 am

Doesn't rly fit into current WoW lore...

Goblins are Neutrals, although have been on the horde side in WC3 and shit.

Worgen/Werewolves, whatever you wanna call em, well in WoW... There's SFK... and all the quests in Grizzly Hills... So not rly Lore sufficient...
Judai

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:42 am

I agree, it's a fake, or just plain supposition.Its simply mask,after all..

How would worgen work?Would it be half human half worgen, or full worgen like in ashenvale?Besides, they are WILD creature, we have yet see no worgen who spoke.Creating some shit with mind controlling would be stupid, IMO.
As for goblin, same.We have 3 cities with goblins,which are all neutral,not counting all the one in outland..Is this going to be goblin linked , so with bonus with this faction?Renegade goblin, who then would be HUNTED in those cities?it makes no sense.

And at last, they are races, but also CLASSES...AFAIK no goblin ever casted a spell.They simply use their engineering very well.So suddenly we have goblin caster?And WORGEN (who only cast a few shadow spell) caster?

They are plenty of other stuff they could use.The naga, for exemple, are both warriors and caster.You have the pandaren (^_^) and other creatures seen in the game.
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:17 am

Goblins CAN be casters. There are many Venture Co. goblins that use spells such as fireball or bolt of lightning. There are known goblin warlocks too (Fizzle Darkstorm for example). Goblins could most probably be warriors, rogues, mages and warlocks. That's enough for a playable race. It wouldn't be against the lore if a goblin would serve Horde or Alliance as a mercenary.

Oh, and there are Worgen casters too, in Duskwood for example. Still, we can be 99,99% sure that they won't appear as playable class.

Naga are even worse than Worgen. Allying with either horde or the Alliance wouldn't fit in the lore, and imagine naga's armors with their serpentine body. Or imagine a naga on a horse =P.
vergil77

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am

vergil77 wrote:Goblins CAN be casters. There are many Venture Co. goblins that use spells such as fireball or bolt of lightning. There are known goblin warlocks too (Fizzle Darkstorm for example). Goblins could most probably be warriors, rogues, mages and warlocks. That's enough for a playable race. It wouldn't be against the lore if a goblin would serve Horde or Alliance as a mercenary.

Oh, and there are Worgen casters too, in Duskwood for example. Still, we can be 99,99% sure that they won't appear as playable class.

Naga are even worse than Worgen. Allying with either horde or the Alliance wouldn't fit in the lore, and imagine naga's armors with their serpentine body. Or imagine a naga on a horse =P.

Indeed, but then, it would be mercenary for BOTH side,then it's okay.But suggesting that they side up with only one side wouldn't work.
And yeah, I know they are caster, but it's only Shadow spell.
You're right too about the naga, but I don't know much more humanoid stuff that could stick to races...maybe pandaren for alliance, and Ogres for horde? xD
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am

Lanthroviel wrote:I agree, it's a fake, or just plain supposition.Its simply mask,after all..

How would worgen work?Would it be half human half worgen, or full worgen like in ashenvale?Besides, they are WILD creature, we have yet see no worgen who spoke.Creating some shit with mind controlling would be stupid, IMO.
As for goblin, same.We have 3 cities with goblins,which are all neutral,not counting all the one in outland..Is this going to be goblin linked , so with bonus with this faction?Renegade goblin, who then would be HUNTED in those cities?it makes no sense.

And at last, they are races, but also CLASSES...AFAIK no goblin ever casted a spell.They simply use their engineering very well.So suddenly we have goblin caster?And WORGEN (who only cast a few shadow spell) caster?

They are plenty of other stuff they could use.The naga, for exemple, are both warriors and caster.You have the pandaren (^_^) and other creatures seen in the game.

wow.com is very reliable and they were right about 3.2 and they received the same info from several sources that chose to remain anonymous the worgen models look like this and it is possible the worgen could be from gilenas (thus making use of that zone, finally) and goblin were always more horde (zepplins ftw) and it is possible just a small fraction of them are joining (like a small group from a prince's colony)

I personally think worgen are an excellent idea because they become the "flawed" race of the alliance and the goblin are just an okay fit
(i think furblogs would be more fitting, since both races would come from the emerald dream then)
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 am

Worgen do not come from Emerald Dream (furbolgs do not come from it too, they were inhabitants of Azeroth from the beginning). They came from another dimension. And they have absolutely no reason for joining either the Horde or Alliance. They are evil. They exist only to destroy.

Also, notice that WoW.com doesn't say that goblins and worgen WILL BE THERE FOR SURE. They said this is just a speculation. And a not very likely speculation IMO. There's too many reasons for which worgen shouldn't be a playable race, and too few (if any) for which they should be.
vergil77

Postby judgement14 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:56 am

it might just end up being a neutral worgen town
I agree about the mercenary for both sides since we have faction switch thing

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:26 am

We can theorize all we want but ultimately it's Blizzard's lore to do what they want with. They can change whatever whenever, and there's nothing we could do about it, unfortunately. Hell, they could be leading us on with all of this and give us completely unrelated content.

THIS
PLOT
IS
THICKENING.
Raptorbane

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 am

vergil77 wrote:Worgen do not come from Emerald Dream (furbolgs do not come from it too, they were inhabitants of Azeroth from the beginning). They came from another dimension. And they have absolutely no reason for joining either the Horde or Alliance. They are evil. They exist only to destroy.

Also, notice that WoW.com doesn't say that goblins and worgen WILL BE THERE FOR SURE. They said this is just a speculation. And a not very likely speculation IMO. There's too many reasons for which worgen shouldn't be a playable race, and too few (if any) for which they should be.

sorry, it is another dimension but this dimension does have ties to the emerald dream (the lord of emerald flames) and no, they are not. The poeple of gilenas were just exiled by their king and if they would be put under the worgen curse, it is possible that they retained their minds much like how the undead did.

And yes, they said that the speculations of worgen and goblins being the new races is true

also, the same sources gave them creditable info throughout all of Wotlk beta.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Dragonas » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 am

well worgen are essentially werewolves? right? So couldn't it be that you have an ability to change perhaps? And maybe for their special ability it gives them a slight increase in stats? You can make it to where they are just melee classes or something... I do think that it'll be hard to tie in their lore though... but we'll see.
Dragonas

Next

Return to WoW