New Races?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Barke » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Do do both sort of fit in, The Worgen from Gilneas, Which happens to be close to the sea, and we might finally see the great Undermine- Goblins capital, Which is located in the Southern Seas, So it would make a great neutral hub like shatt/dala

Also there are many goblin factions out there ruled under different trade Princes, theres no need for them to gain extra reputaion or being hunted as a exile
Barke

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Dragonas wrote:well worgen are essentially werewolves? right? So couldn't it be that you have an ability to change perhaps? And maybe for their special ability it gives them a slight increase in stats? You can make it to where they are just melee classes or something... I do think that it'll be hard to tie in their lore though... but we'll see.

i think the lore would be nuts, you have to go from humans isolated to wolf-people! That's a big jump with alot of story behind it, and for goblins you go from neutral to horde! And as for classes maybe something like this?

worgen

warrior

rogue

mage

priest

druid/warlock(Most likely druid, since they are already half animal)

DK

Goblin

rogue

warrior

hunter

warlock

mage?

DK
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 pm

From WoWWiki: "According to sources held by the undead, the worgen come from another dimension, and exist only to terrorize and destroy. These creatures are thoroughly evil, delighting in torturing and devouring intelligent creatures. They enjoy hearing the screams of their victims as they tear them apart piece by piece. Worgen never show mercy or remorse. They may seem savage, but they are fairly intelligent and possess a cruel bestial cunning that can come as a surprise to the unprepared"

So yes, they are evil. And events in Grizzly Hills shown that human/worgen hybrids are evil too.

As to the Emerald Dream... well, Outland have ties to Azeroth too, but if someone was born on Outland it doesn't mean he come from Azeroth.
vergil77

Postby laonar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 pm

This is what I think needs to happen if this is true. You select your character. Goblin or Worgen. You than proceed to a series of starting quests with one main chain quest. The choices you make on the main chain quest would allow you to choose which faction you wish to side with. I think this would be awesome and a great oppurtunity for players to see something different.
laonar

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 pm

laonar wrote:This is what I think needs to happen if this is true. You select your character. Goblin or Worgen. You than proceed to a series of starting quests with one main chain quest. The choices you make on the main chain quest would allow you to choose which faction you wish to side with. I think this would be awesome and a great oppurtunity for players to see something different.

You mean, REAL RPG?IMPOSSIBEUL!

But yeah, if those are REALLY the new races, then they must be both faction...
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby laonar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:42 pm

I agree with you. Maybe the Worgan have something controlling them. Kind of like how Orcs got Fel Blood and made than go into a rage? We dont know much of the history behind them enough though.
laonar

Postby Barke » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:07 pm

I have to disagree
The worgen that would most likely be played would be the ones from Gilneas, you know.. the HUMAN town.. Which obviously ties them to the alliance if they manage to get there old intellect back
And tbh the goblins were always with the Horde, Just helpping out the Alliance for a bit of extra cash
Barke

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

vergil77 wrote:From WoWWiki: "According to sources held by the undead, the worgen come from another dimension, and exist only to terrorize and destroy. These creatures are thoroughly evil, delighting in torturing and devouring intelligent creatures. They enjoy hearing the screams of their victims as they tear them apart piece by piece. Worgen never show mercy or remorse. They may seem savage, but they are fairly intelligent and possess a cruel bestial cunning that can come as a surprise to the unprepared"

So yes, they are evil. And events in Grizzly Hills shown that human/worgen hybrids are evil too.

As to the Emerald Dream... well, Outland have ties to Azeroth too, but if someone was born on Outland it doesn't mean he come from Azeroth.

the argument im making is these worgen would not be savage since they are more human and possibly under another curse all together, i mean... look at them! I want to cuddle them!! These obviously show kindness (i mean, look at the male...he looks like he's nice and is smiling!)
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Judai » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Lanthroviel wrote:How would worgen work?Would it be half human half worgen, or full worgen like in ashenvale?Besides, they are WILD creature, we have yet see no worgen who spoke.Creating some shit with mind controlling would be stupid, IMO.

They are plenty of other stuff they could use.The naga, for exemple, are both warriors and caster.You have the pandaren (^_^) and other creatures seen in the game.

New Hero Class is Hydromancer, so Nagas are most likely in... would be stupid to put something else in...

And there are Worgens the talk... jsut lok for osme otf the quests in Grizzly hills and some of the bosses in SFK, besides Worgens may as well be Werewolves.. they are after all human-like but more... let's say "cuddly" ...

And as for classes, Goblins and Worgens would both be able to roll shamans... (Worgens are wild, like the elemental spirits, Goblins have been Shaman-types in many, many things)

If anything Adding Worgen and Goblin would cal lfor 2 new hero Classes

Worgen: Shape-shifter? Like can go Human to Werewolf type thing

Goblin: Mechanic (idk lol) uses bombs and shit as Reagents
Judai

Postby vergil77 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 am

New Hero Class is Hydromancer, so Nagas are most likely in... would be stupid to put something else in...

We don't know yet what hero class will appear in the next expansion. There are Demon Hunters, Blademasters, Runemasters etc, so new hero class isn't as obvious as where the new expansion will take place. Also, naga will not appear as playable race. There's too many barriers like lack of ability to use mounts.

And there are Worgens the talk... jsut lok for osme otf the quests in Grizzly hills and some of the bosses in SFK...

Pure worgen cannot talk.

And as for classes, Goblins and Worgens would both be able to roll shamans... (Worgens are wild, like the elemental spirits, Goblins have been Shaman-types in many, many things)

Goblins have never been shaman-types. They don't care about nature, they are more likely to devastate it for a few gold.

the argument im making is these worgen would not be savage since they are more human and possibly under another curse all together, i mean... look at them! I want to cuddle them!! These obviously show kindness (i mean, look at the male...he looks like he's nice and is smiling!)

Do you think that King Varian is going to accept Worgen as part of the Alliance? He hardly accepted Death Knights, and he's careful about choosing his allies since Wrathgate. And worgen hybrids have traits of both pure worgen and humans, thus most of them (if not all) will be evil and savage to some extent.
vergil77

Postby Dragonas » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:56 am

Well if you did the DK quest for alliance, he accepted them well enough. It was a great quest and he tells everyone that you will not be harmed. Anyhow... with worgen it could work but will be difficult, and I don't think you could be worgen all the time. Would have to do a human/worgen thing... Naga would especially be difficult... "mermaid" type bodies... how would they mount? Pandaeran are a good choice, but aren't they the dwarf type people just made of stone? Or is it the rock dudes? i can't remember and can't get on wowwiki... I would love to see a new hero class like hydromancer... but they remind me too much of mage types. Demonhunters would ROCK and a sentinal would be bad ass too but that would be more for N/E's period... so hmmm... any other ideas?
Dragonas

Postby vergil77 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 am

Pandaren are the panda-men. The race you're talking about is earthen.

As to Varian, notice that he accepted death knights before the events of Wrathgate. Besides, Stormwind and Gilneas never had good relations...

I doubt that Blizzard will create any new playable races. It consumes too much time and doesn't affect gameplay a lot... they'll have enough work with balancing eleven classes, not to mention their lazyness last times.
vergil77

Postby judgement14 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 am

i doubt that they will make a new hero class
especially after all the complaints from the DK

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby vergil77 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 am

They have to add some big features to keep the game fresh. So what could it be if not a new race or class?
vergil77

Postby Dragonas » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 am

OH duh... thanks for setting me straight Vergil. I'm probably thinking they won't do a new race, but they have said that they will come out with new hero classes... so. I hope it's something really cool... They ought to do a ninja... lol... totally kidding btw. They could totally get away with a pirate type thing "bucanneer" But once again... all depends on how they move the lore. I was kind of playing this one game called Gates of Andarin or something like that... they have this one class that can reraise the spirit of a dead monster and let you control it. Sort of like a true necromancer... that would be cool.

Could make an assassin as well... sorta like a rogue, but that would be a tad played out. It would be really wicked if you could do some sort of dragon kin. But the mount thing would be an issue again. Hell i dunno... guess the only one that really even sounds possible would be a hydromancer... but I still think that is too close to an ice mage. Any other sort of hero classes anyone remembers?

I really think though that they'll do something like a runepriest so they can balance another healer on. Only prob is I've never seen runepriest other than dwarves?
Dragonas

PreviousNext

Return to WoW