My Idea (New Class thread #14956)

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

My Idea (New Class thread #14956)

Postby Lucread » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:58 am

Class:
Rune Master - A melee spellcaster that uses mana and runes, using an ability that requires a rune generates mana. Unlike Death Knights a Rune Master regenerates Mana much like every other class, using a Rune is like a big deal for them, meaning their abilities that use them will be quite powerful.

3 Runes, 1m cooldown on each.

Armor: Cloth/Leather/Mail
Weapons: 2h Mace/axe/sword, Polearms, 1h Axe/sword/mace

Trees:
(Im just gonna give the first tier or two for each)

Expertise - DPS
Physical DPS with a 2h or Dual Wield

Tier 1:
Infused Armor: Increases attk power by 1/2/3 for every 108 armor (3 pts)
Improved Strikes: Increases the Critical Strike chance of your Balanced Strike and Quick Strike abilities by 3/6% and decreases the ammount of threat generated by your offensive abilities by 10/20% (2 pts)
Imbued Body: Increases your total Strength by 2/4/6/8/10% (5 pts)

51 Talent Point:
There can be only One
1 Rune 3m cooldown
Caster becomes enraged increasing attack speed by 2% and increases attack power by x per melee hit, x is equal to the casters level. This ability can stack up to 20 times, Lasts 20 seconds. (This ability will be standardized to be as effective with both a 2h and Dual Wield)

Arcanium - DPS
Magical DPS with a 2h or Dual Wield

Tier 1:
Seasoned Combatant: 50/100% chance to refresh the Cooldown on 1 Rune after killing a monster or player that yields experience or honor (2 pts)
Improved Rune Tap: Increases the ammount of mana gained from your Rune Tap ability by 10/20/30% but also increases the cooldown by 5/10/15 seconds(3 pts)
Open Mind: Increases your total Intellect by 2/4/6/8/10% (5 pts)

51 Talent Point:
Arcane Infusion
Toggable effect
Arcane Infusion instills your weapon(s) with the power of arcane might increasing your attack speed by 10% and causing each weapon swing to deal additional arcane damage based on your attack power, while activated this ability continuously drains your mana.

Alignment - Healing
Healing with a 2h or Dual Wield (or 1h with offhand)

Tier 1:
Improved Shocks: Increases the healing done by your Aligning Shock ability by 5/10/15% (3 pts)
Improved Imbuement: Increases the ammount of stamina and spirit given by your Runic Imbuement ability by 10/20% and increases its duration by 1/2 minutes (2 pts)
Refocus: When leaving combat you have a 10/20/30/40/50% chance to enter a Refocusing state which increases your mana regeneration by 100%. (5 pts)

51 Point Talent:
Fusion
3 Rune 5m cooldown
When used, the caster enters the targets body embuing them with great strength decreasing the ammount of damage they take by 50% and increasing the ammount of healing they receive by 20%, while fused the caster may not use any abilities and will appear next to the target when the duration is up. Lasts 10 seconds.

Basic Abilities:

Expertise:
Wild Cleave (rank 1): Randomly strikes up to 3 enemy targets within melee range for weapon damage plus 10.

Arcanium:
Runic Strike (rank 1): Instant Cast. Deals weapon damage + spellpower to target, attack power does not factor in.

Alignment:
Aligning Shock (rank 1): Instant Cast. Shocks the target healing them for 50 Hitpoints and placing a buff on them that will increase the healing down by your next Soul Alignment by 20%.
Soul Alignment (rank 1): 2.5 Secon Cast. Realigns the targets soul healing them for 100 hitpoints.

Anyway I was just really bored..tell me what you guys think.
Lucread

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 am

This is nothing more that someone's idea for new hero class. Don't expect it in the new expansion, not in this form, at least.
vergil77

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 am

i think the cycle is going to go new race, new class, new race. Maybe not though! I like the idea of this class, but i think the time for runes is too soon/late (two rune users right after one another might be too much)
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 am

vergil77 wrote:This is nothing more that someone's idea for new hero class. Don't expect it in the new expansion, not in this form, at least.

Ups... sorry, i didn't look at the time, i thought it was posted in the thread about new expansion :oops:
vergil77

Postby Lucread » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:19 am

vergil77 wrote:This is nothing more that someone's idea for new hero class. Don't expect it in the new expansion, not in this form, at least.

I'm sorry if it seemed I was trying to put out definite information, I was just bored and made up a new class Id like to see, this is just my Idea and nothing more.
Lucread

Postby Noodles » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 am

new class/race

Murloc

Class: Sea Swimmer

abilities:

Swim

Die

Drunk

Cant Breath
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby liamthelad » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Noodles wrote:new class/race

Murloc

Class: Sea Swimmer

abilities:

Swim

Die

Drunk

Cant Breath

Drunk?Yeah cause right before you die you have a couple of beers to mellow things out
liamthelad

Postby vergil77 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:36 pm

liamthelad wrote:Drunk?Yeah cause right before you die you have a couple of beers to mellow things out

I think that was supposed to be a joke.
vergil77

Postby lappen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 am

if the goblin thing is true then the nomes 'n' gobs should get tinker.

everything is heavily engineer styled with rockets, bombs, robots, a boomkin styled 3 pets robots who lasts a while and helps keep stress off the tinker and of course, pistols. main attribute choice would be intelligence for mana and extra damage for all bombs/rockets. the 3 trees should be named Projectiles (rockets, guns), robotics (temporary pets and such) and defensive which is more of a tank-ish spec that is more a kind of second tank that buffs the main and can put up shields (buffs that protect from certain spells/melee)

and f u i'm not gonna make this text readable.

though this would still be a class i would certainly play.

P.S FUCK OFF HE'S NOT GONNA START AT 55. was a bad thing for dk and will keep be it for other new classes. all new servs gets filled with em and not make them OP just cause they are "hero" class. i went lolol when blizz said that, DK'S ARE OP CAUSE THEY'RE HERO CLASS
lappen

Postby Noodles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 am

DK's should'nt be OP.... DK can be healer and tank and DPS at same time.... no other class can do that without changing talent tree and armor every second... i think they should NERF DK's down to death... FEEL THE DEATH, DEATH KNIGHTS, PREPARE FOR THE TIDE OF DEAD KNIGHTS! MWAUAHAHHAHAHAH
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 am

lappen wrote:P.S FUCK OFF HE'S NOT GONNA START AT 55. was a bad thing for dk and will keep be it for other new classes. all new servs gets filled with em and not make them OP just cause they are "hero" class. i went lolol when blizz said that, DK'S ARE OP CAUSE THEY'RE HERO CLASS

Blizzard staff have never said such thing, not seriously. Ghostcrawler once joked about it. That's all. Also, there's not that many DK's out there, at least not on my server. Of course, when WotLK came out, there was hundreds of them everywhere, but after a month or so most of them got back to their previous class.

As to tinker, it would be interesting idea, but Engineering kinda complicates the thing.

Noodles wrote:DK's should'nt be OP.... DK can be healer and tank and DPS at same time.... no other class can do that without changing talent tree and armor every second... i think they should NERF DK's down to death... FEEL THE DEATH, DEATH KNIGHTS, PREPARE FOR THE TIDE OF DEAD KNIGHTS! MWAUAHAHHAHAHAH

They can only heal themselves, which counts more to tanking IMO. Warriors can heal themeselves too. And hmm... their dps isn't that high, i think. Dunno about tanking, though.
Last edited by vergil77 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 am

tinker sounds even more OP then DK...

oh well
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:40 am

It's not that death knights and tinkers are by default overpowered. It's all about balancing.
vergil77

Postby lappen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 pm

vergil77 wrote:
lappen wrote:P.S FUCK OFF HE'S NOT GONNA START AT 55. was a bad thing for dk and will keep be it for other new classes. all new servs gets filled with em and not make them OP just cause they are "hero" class. i went lolol when blizz said that, DK'S ARE OP CAUSE THEY'RE HERO CLASS

As to tinker, it would be interesting idea, but Engineering kinda complicates the thing.

not really.

they will use pistols and various bombs and rockets and stuff. they won't go OMG I GET ENGINEERING STUFF FOR FREE. they ARE engineers though their abilities won't ever replace engineering. except for bombs and grenades, but see that as an extra for being a gnome/goblin.
lappen

Postby vergil77 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Blizzard have problems with thinking up some useful engineering items/invensions. Guess they're not that good with all this technology things. Making another 50 technology-like abilities and talents, that are also different than the stuff you get from engineering, wouldn't be an easy task.

Second thing is: how many people would roll a Tinker? Of course, some most certainly would do it and would love that class. But for many other players, an idea of mechanic-hero isn't appealing. Blizzard developers, when designing some content must think of how many people will want to try it. Something like Demon Hunter or Runemaster would most probably be more popular. It's better for them to satisfy - let's say - 60% of players than 30%, with the same effort.
vergil77

Next

Return to WoW