My Idea (New Class thread #14956)

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Lanthroviel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 am

Noodles wrote:
Noodles wrote:And ye, demon hunter is just a mage/warlock/rogue mix


So what? Death knight is basically a warlock/warrior mix, yet he's very different from both of them.


Yes, but death knight are related to, well, death...Cold, putrid death...And ALL of their abilities are somewhat unique and diversisfied, thanks to that.

Now take demon hunter, what is he going to have thats new?

Blindness?Track Demon, Demon trap?What tree could they develop?
Web... Web has changed....
User avatar
Lanthroviel
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: Internet

Postby lappen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 am

Lanthroviel wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Noodles wrote:And ye, demon hunter is just a mage/warlock/rogue mix


So what? Death knight is basically a warlock/warrior mix, yet he's very different from both of them.


Yes, but death knight are related to, well, death...Cold, putrid death...And ALL of their abilities are somewhat unique and diversisfied, thanks to that.

Now take demon hunter, what is he going to have thats new?

Blindness?Track Demon, Demon trap?What tree could they develop?

ULTRA SEXY NINJA PRO NIGHT ELF LONG EARS SUPER DUPER BLIND WITH COOL EYE BANDANA THING SO THEY FOR SOME ODD REASON CAN SEE DEMONS EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AS THEY CAN SEE A DEMON NORMALLY JUST BY CHECKING OUT IT'S HUGE MAWS AND DEMONISH LOOKS

now that would be a sexy talent tree.
lappen
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Postby lappen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 am

Dragonas wrote:Is this arguement seriously happening? We'll find out soon... blizzcon... yea um... hmmm... Lappen take a chill pill man. I see where both of you guys are coming from, no need to get angry about it. You both have your opinions. And Vergil wasn't (WAS NOT) disagreeing with you. He was placing his two copper in the thread and you're getting upset about it. hell who knows, maybe they won't have a new hero class at all? So let's relax, and get happy, and find out from Blizzcon, what exactly is going to happen.

what? nonono i like arguing. i find it fun for some odd reason.

i just don't see the reason why he's arguing with me that blizzard won't make a tinker class, NOT because they lack any lore, NOT because there's any trouble from the players, NOT because they are barely doable in an mmorpg like this. but ONLY because HE thinks not. not coming with any ideas how to create a better class, not coming with any reason as to why blizzard shouldn't do this class, he just tells me that he thinks blizz won't do it and that's not really a good answer :/
lappen
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Postby Dragonas » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:56 am

seriously bro? He wasn't saying that they won't, HE just didn't think it was likely. Anyway, null subject... I'm dropping it.

Moving on, I'd really like to see another magic class, since they added another dps. or even better would be another shape shifter class. Althought a lot of people would contend with a druid knock-off and I don't really see how blizz would fit the lore in. It'd be really cool if they allowed a draconic type class too. Kinda like how Krasus looks. I know they look alot like high elves, but then you get dragon powers... alright, alright way o/p'd... just dreaming anyway
User avatar
Dragonas
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Beale AFB, CA

Postby vergil77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 pm

lappen wrote:what? nonono i like arguing. i find it fun for some odd reason.

i just don't see the reason why he's arguing with me that blizzard won't make a tinker class, NOT because they lack any lore, NOT because there's any trouble from the players, NOT because they are barely doable in an mmorpg like this. but ONLY because HE thinks not. not coming with any ideas how to create a better class, not coming with any reason as to why blizzard shouldn't do this class, he just tells me that he thinks blizz won't do it and that's not really a good answer :/


Sigh...

Just because *you* don't see a reason for which Blizzard wouldn't release Tinker doesn't mean that *i* do not see it either. I pointed out why i think so, and some of those reasons include: lack of popularity of Tinker among players, Engineering profession that would mess up a little and difficulty with thinking up so many technology-based spells and talents. Don't agree with me? Welcome to world, where everyone have his/her own opinion.

I'm not trying to convince you to think the same way i do. You will not convince me to your opinion either, if this is what you want. Let's end this already, because there is no point in it.
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby lappen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 pm

vergil77 wrote:
lappen wrote:what? nonono i like arguing. i find it fun for some odd reason.

i just don't see the reason why he's arguing with me that blizzard won't make a tinker class, NOT because they lack any lore, NOT because there's any trouble from the players, NOT because they are barely doable in an mmorpg like this. but ONLY because HE thinks not. not coming with any ideas how to create a better class, not coming with any reason as to why blizzard shouldn't do this class, he just tells me that he thinks blizz won't do it and that's not really a good answer :/


Sigh...

Just because *you* don't see a reason for which Blizzard wouldn't release Tinker doesn't mean that *i* do not see it either. I pointed out why i think so, and some of those reasons include: lack of popularity of Tinker among players, Engineering profession that would mess up a little and difficulty with thinking up so many technology-based spells and talents. Don't agree with me? Welcome to world, where everyone have his/her own opinion.

I'm not trying to convince you to think the same way i do. You will not convince me to your opinion either, if this is what you want. Let's end this already, because there is no point in it.

1. lack of popularity of tinker among players = "This is only my assumption" i haven't seen a a majority of players hating on technology in wow. only seen like 2-3 peeps not like that gnomes are to technologic, the rest (LOOOOOOAAAAAADS THOUSANDS) does not have a problem with it OR really loves their technology and engineering. i still don't know how you found out the majority wouldn't like a tinker class.

2. Engineering profession that would mess up a little and difficulty with thinking up so many technology-based spells and talents. Don't agree with me?

first up, i do not agree with you on that point. it's not talk about 80-100 spells here, most classes, especially melee's does not have many different spells and i see that working fine with the tinker, he doesn't need loads of spells as the spells he will have will be very widely used instead of beign a one time go like mages fireball/frostbolt/arcane missiles and their all different stuff. the tinkers spell will be muchly based on summoning robots (only need about 4-5 of these, a flying machine that can attack the enemy from above, a 3 group of robots to help the tinker out of sticky situations, a kind of permanent pet robot that can be used for several stuff including firing of rockets and a fast 2-3 sec lasting robot that isntantly rushes to the enemy and explodes dealing a arcane explosion big explosion. then there will be a very buff heavy side of them that also doesn't need very many spells, a self protection spell (robot skin?) a couple 3-4 sensor machines you spawn on the ground that buffs up damage in both melee and spell with it following you.

i can go on an on with these i've got loads and looooaaaaads of ideas as to what spells he shall have. most of these were taken from other classes with a tinker touch to it but there's so much unique stuff you can do with him to! there's no class out there that would be able to use aoe stuns (bombs) the tinker will have a gun/rifle for ranged fighting for the robots which is kinda hunter-ish but with a twist, that's not the way he's gonna DPS, he's gonna DPS by using different self cast short lasting buffs and robots doing lots of the work. the gun is more for maybe marking targets, debuffing the enemy to be weaker to explosions, shoot a special bullet giving a bomber plane coordination to bomb.

i'm trying to tell you that there's so much stuff you can do with a class like this and it could become a very different and new refreshing thing it could become. i'm not trying to force you into thinking the way i do, i just wanna know why you still think that there's lack of ideas and lacks material to make a playable class and especially, where do you get the stuff about only a minority of player wanting to play this class?
lappen
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Postby vergil77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:46 pm

I saw many players that think gnomes are failure, and they probably would think so about goblins too. Believe or not, but there are Hordes who might gank you just because you rolled gnome. I don't know how many engineers are on your server, but i rarely see one on mine. Every time i was in a raid, there was nobody who had engineering, so we never have a repair bot. I fight with Horde a lot (usually for killing my alt or for ninjaing my veins/herbs), and i don't see them using engineering very often (read: maybe once for a few weeks). In battlegrounds, i don't see engineers usually too, and this includes all realms of the battlegroup. And i have seen many technology-haters. When i'm in Halls of Stone for example, (after we get to this titan-computer thing), i usually see 1-2 people complaining about how WoW becomes science-fiction game, how it should be sword-and-magic game blah blah blah.

Maybe my assumption is not correct, but i'll be like a doubting Thomas here, and i won't change my point of view until i see something exactly different than what i have seen before.

As to the abilities and spells, consider that Blizzard might see them in a different way than you. They must consider things like balance, and no offence, but a guy with AoE stuns, debuffs that increase damage dealt, a mini-army of robots that includes flying damage dealer looks a bit... OP. It would take a bit long for Blizzard to balance that. And remember that they could have exactly other idea of how a gameplay of tinker should look like. I'm not trying to say that your ideas are bad. I'm trying to say that they do not convince me.

That is how i see problems with Tinker. If you see it in other way, fine, but please, do not answer with another bunch of arguments for which my point of view is wrong, because this quarrel is senseless. It became too much time-consuming and is unnecessary. It has no outcome too, because neither me and you won't resign from his arguments.
User avatar
vergil77
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am
Location: Poland

Postby lappen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 am

vergil77 wrote:I saw many players that think gnomes are failure, and they probably would think so about goblins too. Believe or not, but there are Hordes who might gank you just because you rolled gnome. I don't know how many engineers are on your server, but i rarely see one on mine. Every time i was in a raid, there was nobody who had engineering, so we never have a repair bot. I fight with Horde a lot (usually for killing my alt or for ninjaing my veins/herbs), and i don't see them using engineering very often (read: maybe once for a few weeks). In battlegrounds, i don't see engineers usually too, and this includes all realms of the battlegroup. And i have seen many technology-haters. When i'm in Halls of Stone for example, (after we get to this titan-computer thing), i usually see 1-2 people complaining about how WoW becomes science-fiction game, how it should be sword-and-magic game blah blah blah.

Maybe my assumption is not correct, but i'll be like a doubting Thomas here, and i won't change my point of view until i see something exactly different than what i have seen before.

As to the abilities and spells, consider that Blizzard might see them in a different way than you. They must consider things like balance, and no offence, but a guy with AoE stuns, debuffs that increase damage dealt, a mini-army of robots that includes flying damage dealer looks a bit... OP. It would take a bit long for Blizzard to balance that. And remember that they could have exactly other idea of how a gameplay of tinker should look like. I'm not trying to say that your ideas are bad. I'm trying to say that they do not convince me.

That is how i see problems with Tinker. If you see it in other way, fine, but please, do not answer with another bunch of arguments for which my point of view is wrong, because this quarrel is senseless. It became too much time-consuming and is unnecessary. It has no outcome too, because neither me and you won't resign from his arguments.

THANK YOU.

finally.

and i gank blood elves just because they are blood elves, so i do not see why people ganking gnomes cause they are gnomes is a reason as to why no one would like a tinker. i've seen people ganking orcs cause they look so silly, people ganking human males cause they look so gay and people ganking night elves cause... yeah they don't really need a reason to do it. so it's not only gnome hate in this game tbh.
lappen
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Previous

Return to WoW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests