Cataclysm info

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby vergil77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:45 pm

As far as i remember, Bouibouille got the info about lore from Something Awful forums, and it probably isn't true. We'll see.
vergil77

Postby Lanthroviel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 pm

vergil77 wrote:As far as i remember, Bouibouille got the info about lore from Something Awful forums, and it probably isn't true. We'll see.

shhh,from what I see,you bring bad luck here xD.
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Not too bad.

Postby Aci » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Thrall leaves: B.a.d BAD!

Cairne dies: Baine will replace Him, so no biggie, still pretty sad :cry:

Garrosh is the new Warchief: I do personally not like it.

Azeroth 1-60 zone is changed and not just new content added: OMFG Blizzard finally makes a good decision!

EDIT: The info is leaked into WoW-Europe.com, Cataclysm is confirmed :wink:
I sign this signature with meaningless signs since I like to sign signatures.
Aci

Postby vergil77 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:52 pm

We don't know yet what's will be the fate of Cairne.

Oh, and the information about Orgrimmar being destroyed and rebuilt has already been proved to be untrue. Orgrimmar will just have a new look (like those Horde strongholds in Northrend)

Azure wrote:I think it's fake. From a technical stand point, it just doesn't make sense.

If you don't have the expansion, would you see the newly designed world? Would you be unable to play the new race/class combos? Wouldn't that make buying the Vanilla WoW data obsolete? Why bother installing it if you're just going to overwrite it later?

I can't see Worgen being playable, or Goblins joining the Hoard.

Also, you do not use Something Awful as a source >.<

Voila, terrain phasing: 1, 2, 3.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 am

as i said in the other thread, i cant believe it
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby Lanthroviel » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:02 am

well, yeah but no.
Apparently, they are going to apply the terrain phasing only for the new newbie zone, worgen and goblin...

From a Q&A i read, the difformed land in azeroth will be the same for everyone, with or without expansion...
So yeah, I guess nightelves won't have any specific quest, now that darkshore is destroyed...Apparently, even southshore is destroyed too!

(also, apparently, they're going to be worgen druid...Worgen....DRUID....)
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am

Several zones (not only the worgen and goblin starting ones) will have phased locations, with, for example, area being more flooded with your progresion in story.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:19 am

and yeah lanth, every single zone, is ruined, for ALL players... even the ones with NO expansions, they are gonna completely change the whole thing, so i hope that you get enough time to look at old zones in the following year before its release (its released in 2010 or sumthing) so... go around in azeroth and look at everything... it may be your last look...
Noodles

Postby cookiemanyay » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:24 am

Noodles wrote:and yeah lanth, every single zone, is ruined, for ALL players... even the ones with NO expansions, they are gonna completely change the whole thing, so i hope that you get enough time to look at old zones in the following year before its release (its released in 2010 or sumthing) so... go around in azeroth and look at everything... it may be your last look...

It will be 5 years since the original when this expansion comes out.If you still haven't seen the whole world then boo-hoo wow veterans wish to see something different.I've been dreaming of seeing a completed Azeroth since I started playing the game a month after it came out.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Dragonas » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Are they going to do like Wrath and the xpac will be out in Nov of this year? or they going to wait a year for it? Just want to see how much of a time line we have.... if anyone knows that is.
Dragonas

Postby Noodles » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Dragonas wrote:Are they going to do like Wrath and the xpac will be out in Nov of this year? or they going to wait a year for it? Just want to see how much of a time line we have.... if anyone knows that is.

theres no date yet
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm

It will most probably be released several months after 3.3. Blizzard must keep WoW players interested in game, and long periods without new content = bored players = players leaving WoW for other MMOs.

My guess would be around november/december 2010.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 pm

vergil77 wrote:It will most probably be released several months after 3.3. Blizzard must keep WoW players interested in game, and long periods without new content = bored players = players leaving WoW for other MMOs.

My guess would be around november/december 2010.

they gotta release arthas for some slaughtering before this O_o :wink:
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Arthas comes in 3.3.
vergil77

Postby Proud Tauren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:45 am

I look forward to Cataclysm. Tauren paladins are something that should happen long before!!
Proud Tauren

PreviousNext

Return to WoW