The real Cataclysm thread

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

The real Cataclysm thread

Postby cookiemanyay » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:48 pm

What now Vergil77?

But seriously, this game is going to pull me back into WoW.I don't care if it is easy as all hell I am still going to bask back into WoW glory.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Re: The real Cataclysm thread

Postby judgement14 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:What now Vergil77?

But seriously, this game is going to pull me back into WoW.I don't care if it is easy as all hell I am still going to bask back into WoW glory.

You should roll a character on my server
and we could plot the downfall of all the other posters on this forum

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby cookiemanyay » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:02 pm

I'll be a Worgen named Badfish.Add me.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Lucread » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 pm

To add some real discussion to this thread:

I am highly disappointed in the new itemization, they made pretty much everything facerollable now. What was the thought process behind this? They want every Donald/Player to not have to put any thought into their gear and spec?

Seems like this game is increasingly heading towards something like Assassin's Creed, a game that you can roflrollface through without any skill or thought. ("Sneak through the market and kill the Arab leader, do so without being seen and exit without confrontati-" "YEAA!!!!!" *hack and slash through the entire market*)

Id like to see Hard modes play a much bigger part then they currently do, simple and easy fix would be this:

(I will use T8 as an example)

We all know that there are now 2 different tiers of gears, theres always a T8-10 and then a Tier8.5-10.5 I would simply make it so the T8.5 equivalent SET drops from Hardmodes only, both 10 and 25 man regular modes dropped regular T8.

Another Example: Guild Scrub doesnt get to Sif in time and kills EZmode Thorim, he drops 2 T8 Tokens, Guild Pro gets to Sif and kills PROmode Thorim, he drops 2 T8.5 Tokens.
Lucread

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:27 am

I have to agree about the new itemization. And you won't even have to choose between items, because you'll have that "reforging". You have an item that has crit, and you can change it so it has haste instead... Yeah, nice, but where's all the fun with obtaining the loot? Where are those moments when you have to choose between one piece and another? "This item has very nice stats, but my old item has hit rating which i need very much at the moment..." etc.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:18 am

i cant believe it.... never thought they would actually DO THIS..... well... now with the video... i can actually believe it... but i still... cant...

and heroic DM is old news, i heard it like a year ago, though shadowfang keep O_o
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:31 am

Old news? Blizzard never stated they will revamp Deadmines.
vergil77

Postby Noodles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 am

i heard about heroic deadmines like a year ago, idk how, but i did
Noodles

Postby cookiemanyay » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 am

I'm glad ALL of you know everything about itemization and reforging already.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Noodles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:27 am

when the expansion comes out, anyone wanna make a worgen with me at doomhammer :D?
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 am

Noodles wrote:i heard about heroic deadmines like a year ago, idk how, but i did

It was players that wanted them, but Blizzard have never confirmed that Deadmines will be revamped until yesterday.

cookiemanyay wrote:I'm glad ALL of you know everything about itemization and reforging already.

It's quite obvious that itemization will become even more simple after those changes, which i think is unnecessary. My only hope is in this Mastery system and path of the titans.
vergil77

Postby lappen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:13 am

i love this expansion, this is defo what will make me go hardcore wow gaming again. the only thing i wish for wow to do is to make hard mode an actual hard mode. cause now the normal stuff is for anyone, casual or not. Now that's great! makes the game avaible to everyone! but the hard mode are for hardcore people, not for casuals who wanna take a slight step above the casual mark. hard mode should be HARD. then wow will be a awesome game for both casuals and hardcore peoples. :) also there will be loooooaaaaaads of instances now! this expansion looks to be a real 2 year game instead of the silly TBC/WotLK 1 year max games.

also i heard that worgens won't be worgens all the time, just turn worgen when they fight or something? silly rumours maybe
lappen

Postby vergil77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:54 am

They will be able to switch between human and worgen form out of combat. In combat, they will automatically change form to worgen.
vergil77

Postby cookiemanyay » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:06 pm

(unrelated form all this arguing bullshit)

I hope you change gear when you turn from a human to a worgen.Just so I can wear a suit and top hat in human form.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby felorn » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:18 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:(unrelated form all this arguing bullshit)

I hope you change gear when you turn from a human to a worgen.Just so I can wear a suit and top hat in human form.

Not a tophat. A monocle.
felorn

Next

Return to WoW