Need Warrior DPS, Build/Stats Help.

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Need Warrior DPS, Build/Stats Help.

Postby Kodykahn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:42 am

Okay, Basically, I'm sitting here trying to help my freind better himself as a warrior, DPS, and well, I don't know jack really about Warriors, SOOO, I've decided to come to the site that I know I can get some intelegent responses back on ^^, Good builds would be good, Stat priorities that I can pass to him, Hit caps, Ect, would all be helpful, His charater's name is Bullsathor for some gear stuff, I haven't double checked him recently, and I'm accessing from my school atm that has armory blocked so I can't atm, but anything you guys can give me to help me better him as a Warrior I would GREATLY appreciate, trying to help him because well, he's doing less then 2k dps as a fury warrior in all 213+ ilevel gear ~_~ I'm thinking it's his specc, and the fact he overhit capped, but... I dunno warriors.. Like I said, anything you can help me help him... please :oops:
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby vergil77 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

Is this friend in fact you? :P
vergil77

Postby Dragonas » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 am

well a few things I'd need to know is:

Is his DPS... raid dps...? group dps...? solo dps? what kind of buffs are we talking?

What kind of rotations is he using?

And i can't do it right now, but I'll check his armory out when I get home.

tell him to go into google and type in Elitist Jerks. It's a GREAT reference website by the elitistjerks guild. You can find a ton of info on what he needs, best in slot items, rotations, glyphs etc... Like I said I'll check it out when I get home and post some more later.
Dragonas

Postby Kodykahn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 am

vergil77 wrote:Is this friend in fact you? :P

Look at my signiture smarty ~_~

Anyways,

He's raids DPS, he's does sometimes go into groups, but he doesn't know exact numbers, he doesn't download recount no matter how many times I wring his neck to ~_~

As for buffs, Raid wise, 10 man, he usually has your array of "general raid buffs" aka gift, kings, might, and commanding, he's not very descriptive of his raids, possibly doesn't really pay attention to the makeup, as he's not leading raids.

Raidwise: 25 man, same thing, just all the staples buffs ect ect...

group: he just gets whatevers in whatever is in the group... ~_~

Rotation: (CD's recklessness/deathwish) + (fury of 5 flight)) Blood thirst ( Slam if crit ) Whirlwind, slam, heroic strike (rage dump) , and repeat.

* Willing to go arms if necessary apparently if it ups his dps
-cough- aka, I told him I'd make him go arms >.> this is like one of my best freinds at school, which is why this was posted at school, gotta go before my teacher has a hissy fit over me being on this site byez
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 am

Red Gems:
Strength
Expertise (cap is 208, I personally use flasks and buff food to reach this cap)

Yellow Gems:
Hit (Cap with Percision is 248)
Crit (You will pull aggro like a mother fucker if you use whirlwind after 35%,)

Purple Gems:
Str and Stam.

If he needs a raid build he can use mine, I pull anywhere from 3.4k-4.2k dps in a 25 man, 3.2-3.6k in a ten man.

Rotation is:
Intercept for rage(originally typed aggro no wonder why tanks hate me), Bloodthirst Whirlwind Cleave Slam Proc Bloodthirst Deathwish if up Heroic Strike if you find you have no abilities up yet and repeat.

After 20% and Execute is up I find hitting random buttons after my execute spams yields alot of dps.

For gear, Don't gem Armor Pen, get it from armor, and your dps is based on what weapons you have, not your armor. Also enchant berserking on both your weapons since it helps out more than massacre, even though you won't have that 400apx2 sometimes, when you do it is always better than massacre.

Buff food:
40expertise
40str
40arp

I focus around those.

Strength to Ap ratio is about a 1:2 so thats why you gem for strength.

If he needs anymore help. ask on here, I don't get on my warrior too much during the week because thats when all of the idiots are out.

Also a good rotation for Uld25:
Taunt Battle Shoutx10 Taunt Battleshoutx10 Taunt Battleshoutx10.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby vergil77 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 am

Kodykahn wrote:Look at my signiture smarty ~_~

There is such thing as "alt", smarty ~_~
vergil77

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 am

I think he needs to play better. Less than 2k dps will 213 gear? The fuck? If you can't play fury well enough in 213 gear to break 2k dps, arms will NOT help out at all.

Edit: What glyphs is he using? I use Whirldwind,Battleshout,Bloodsurge,HeroicStrike,Cleave, and Thunderclap(cant seem to replace this.)
Bunnytots

Postby Kodykahn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:40 am

Umm, ya... he's... one of those.... button mashers ~_~ he's got what he beleives is a good rotations, and uses them because they kill things, he's not good at reasearching, and does listen well, I don't know his glyphs but I'll make him glyphs those if they work, and Vergil, I refuse to be a Melee dps, period, even my Death knight is a Pure Tank only, she has no DPS specc ^^

And for that hit cap, is that percision a Talent? or an elixer? One thing I do know, was he was trying to really REALLY high hit cap, for like something like 25% or something, he was over 400 hit rating X_x
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:59 am

It's a talent, without it Fury hitcap would be 11% instead of 6%.
Bunnytots

Postby Rhenvan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 pm

I consider myself a decent geared fury warr and try to do some dmg and it works most of the time, Fury was and still is about spamming Strength gems imo.

Rotation i use is
Bloodthirst > WW > Bloodthirst > Bloodthrist > WW
Slam when proc, Heroic strike or cleave when u have enough rage
Cleave for packs, HS for single targets.
(Death wish and Recklessness when it's off cooldown)
I'also have improved cleave glyph so i cleave 3 targets.

If he wants he cou'd try my specc @ http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Shattere ... /Rhenvan/#

Yes i know im slacking with enchants but working on it :P

- Rhenvan
Rhenvan

Postby Dragonas » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:12 am

My level 80 B/E fury warrior is pulling 3.2k DPS on average runs, and I'm only sitting in Naxx 25 gear. (Got all from pugs) So I'm thinking alot of it has to do with rotations. Bunny is absolutely right and I have nothing to add on what "she/he"? said. Arms will NOT help whatsoever if he can't hit the right rotations. He needs to download recount to get an accurate number for his DPS. As for flask/gear/glyphs... I don't see much wrong with what he has/using... he just needs to know how to use it... skill>gear...
Dragonas

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 am

Imma guy.

Only thing arms has over fury is that you have Bladestorm, and that is just a lol move since it really doesn't count for dps worth a shit since its an aoe spam. Might as well dps naked for all the good bladestorm does.

Also fury warriors should never do commanding shout, especially during a fight, that uses way too much rage that you could put into a slam proc and things like that.

I also don't use recklessness on trash. Usually at the beginning of a boss fight and the end.
Bunnytots

Postby Kodykahn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 am

Okay, I think I might have talked him into following your guy's advice though I think he took some of what some of you had to say badly ~_~, anyways I do agree with bunnytots, he does need to learn his class better, and that is all, everything beyond that is unneeded kaythx, he's my freind please don't mess with him ~_~
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 am

He will either take advice or he will do what I did and take several months of raiding to figure out how to warrior dps. A casual raiding guild did wonders.
Bunnytots

Postby wnxcow » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 pm

asuming he is a dual wield spec fury dps he tries to get the hard cap of 28% for hit...

without precision u need hitrating for 8% for main hand to be hit capped and 28% to be hit capped for offhand.

i got a nice spec and some nice gear.. tell him to grind totc and totc hc for good epics :D

i put out a clean 3.1k in raids.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... t&n=Wnxcow

also tell him to farm hc for emblems to get some 226 ilvl items.

and yes i know i got pvp rings, but i cant find good pve upgrades since my guild currently only runs naxx... ulduar 10 FL friday so :)

wnxcow

Next

Return to WoW