Dick moments.

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Re: Dick moments.

Postby AntonWolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:19 am

Well, this is kind of a vague and obscure dick moment, that i have actually had happen to me a couple of times, and it can even be argued whether or not it actually is dicketry (thats right i made up a word). So I run a resto druid who is all 397/403 geared right now and I try and run ulduar pretty often because I still have not gotten the raid achievement Glory of the Ulduar raider (10 man), and this is why: every single group that I head up has had the exact same problem with the exact same achievement, the Disarmed achievement, and everytime I try a different method to down it. And of course as always someone manages to screw it up by either not killing something fast enough when i say to switch or killing one of the arms too fast and screwing up the timing... idk.. maybe the WoW gods just hate me and don't want me to get the rusted proto-drake, or is all of the WoW universe trying to screw it up for me?
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Re: Dick moments.

Postby Xist » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 pm

I seem to spend more time on the Auction House than actually killing things and I definitely enjoy killing things more. During Cataclysm [I may never upgrade to Mists], I had most professions maxed and was leveling characters with other professions. I leveled my death knight from 60-85 and learned alchemy exclusively for the Sands of Time. They did not sell quickly, but made me a fair amount of gold. Several months ago someone posted one for 30k, so I bought it, since it was about what materials cost me. Then he posted another one. After I bought that he started trying to sell more in Trade Chat, so I asked how many he had.

It was very frustrating getting him to give me an answer. He said that he spent forever farming eight of them, "but you gotta do what you gotta do." Selling crafted goods at the cost of materials was insane to me. I finally decided to purchase the six more because they were supposed to be the last of them and he said that it would be a long time before he farmed another. So, either I waited for him to stop selling them, or I took my chances reselling them.

He immediately resumed posting them on the AH for 30k, while I had eight that I could not sell.
Xist

Previous

Return to WoW