Page 1 of 2

Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 pm
by Ghost467
I kind of wish they had added new content instead of going back to old. It just seems like I'm doing the same thing over and over since Cata released.

Opinions?

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
by Bobson
Now I'm going to steal an answer from MMO-champion - from memory.

Blizzard CANNOT win!
Community at 4.0.1: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REMOVING ZA AND ZG!!!
Community at 4.1.0: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REUSING OLD CONTENT!!!


See where I'm headed?
Need I say more?
Thought so. :evil:

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 am
by Raptorbane
Bobson wrote:Now I'm going to steal an answer from MMO-champion - from memory.

Blizzard CANNOT win!
Community at 4.0.1: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REMOVING ZA AND ZG!!!
Community at 4.1.0: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REUSING OLD CONTENT!!!


See where I'm headed?
Need I say more?
Thought so. :evil:



zing

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:48 pm
by Gombol
Bobson wrote:Now I'm going to steal an answer from MMO-champion - from memory.

Blizzard CANNOT win!
Community at 4.0.1: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REMOVING ZA AND ZG!!!
Community at 4.1.0: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REUSING OLD CONTENT!!!


See where I'm headed?
Need I say more?
Thought so. :evil:



Blizzard are lazy, It's why they are using old content...Again... You can tell the emerald Dream expansion (Yes. It will happen.) will just be ANOTHER revamp of the old world, except in emerald dream style.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:56 am
by Raptorbane
Gombol wrote:
Blizzard are lazy, It's why they are using old content...Again... You can tell the emerald Dream expansion (Yes. It will happen.) will just be ANOTHER revamp of the old world, except in emerald dream style.


I swear to god when I read all these posts you made the voice I imagined to be yours went regressively from "average adult human male with an English accent" to "cheese graters being fed through a wood chipper". Cataclysm is the ONLY expansion to revamp the old world, what in the flying hell makes you think another one will happen so soon? Both BC and WotLK added content instead of fixing old content (which, to me, isn't so wrong). It's Blizzards game to do with as they choose, and if you're not even playing it anymore, why do you even care?

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:39 am
by Gombol
Raptorbane wrote:
Gombol wrote:
Blizzard are lazy, It's why they are using old content...Again... You can tell the emerald Dream expansion (Yes. It will happen.) will just be ANOTHER revamp of the old world, except in emerald dream style.


I swear to god when I read all these posts you made the voice I imagined to be yours went regressively from "average adult human male with an English accent" to "cheese graters being fed through a wood chipper". Cataclysm is the ONLY expansion to revamp the old world, what in the flying hell makes you think another one will happen so soon? Both BC and WotLK added content instead of fixing old content (which, to me, isn't so wrong). It's Blizzards game to do with as they choose, and if you're not even playing it anymore, why do you even care?



Reused models. 'Nuff said.

Plus I care because I can. Why are you such a douche? Didn't you get many hugs as a child? :(

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 am
by Raptorbane
Gombol wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:
Gombol wrote:
Blizzard are lazy, It's why they are using old content...Again... You can tell the emerald Dream expansion (Yes. It will happen.) will just be ANOTHER revamp of the old world, except in emerald dream style.


I swear to god when I read all these posts you made the voice I imagined to be yours went regressively from "average adult human male with an English accent" to "cheese graters being fed through a wood chipper". Cataclysm is the ONLY expansion to revamp the old world, what in the flying hell makes you think another one will happen so soon? Both BC and WotLK added content instead of fixing old content (which, to me, isn't so wrong). It's Blizzards game to do with as they choose, and if you're not even playing it anymore, why do you even care?



Reused models. 'Nuff said.

Plus I care because I can. Why are you such a douche? Didn't you get many hugs as a child? :(


No, I didn't.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:41 pm
by Kodykahn
Actually.. I don't believe there WILL be an Emerald Dream Expansion, not directly centered around it at least, a large active part of the dreams corruption was solved in the novels, though the true evil behind it might still be at large without people knowing about it, I doubt there's truly enough to base an Expansion off the Emerald dream anymore. <_<;

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 am
by Ghost467
Bobson wrote:Now I'm going to steal an answer from MMO-champion - from memory.

Blizzard CANNOT win!
Community at 4.0.1: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REMOVING ZA AND ZG!!!
Community at 4.1.0: Hey Blizzard - SCREW YOU FOR REUSING OLD CONTENT!!!


See where I'm headed?
Need I say more?
Thought so. :evil:


They could've just not removed ZA and ZG at all.

Gombol wrote:Blizzard are lazy.


LET IT BE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE LAND FROM SEA TO SEA, THAT BLIZZARD, ARE LAZY.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm
by Liquidrock
Raptorbane wrote:
Gombol wrote:

Reused models. 'Nuff said.

Plus I care because I can. Why are you such a douche? Didn't you get many hugs as a child? :(


No, I didn't.

Forever raptor.

I would photoshop an image to go with this but I'm far too lazy.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:22 pm
by Raptorbane
Liquidrock wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:
Gombol wrote:

Reused models. 'Nuff said.

Plus I care because I can. Why are you such a douche? Didn't you get many hugs as a child? :(


No, I didn't.

Forever raptor.

I would photoshop an image to go with this but I'm far too lazy.


I have a fantastic mental image ahahaha I wish I had a chin like that irl so I could hit people I didn't like with it

CRIMSON CHIN STYLE

Image

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:39 am
by Trial
Come on don't fight.
Keeping it on topic, i love the idea and i can't understand whats the big fuss about it, i loved the gear back in BC, and i wish the tiers stopped looking as shitty as they do now.Revamp all the T6 into T13 and see what i care ..the game gave us a harder challenge with the comeback of ZA/ZG , and most of the players never went to those dungeons as 70 with 10/25 groups...
It's challenging,It's hard, yeah its old, but its still fun, and who knows if the zandalari don't have more plans in a near future?Who knows if zul'drak and Gundrak arn't really going to be the raids they were supose to be... only time can tell,and for what i can say,i loved this patch that for the first time i was playing the minute it was launched...and getting dc'd every second but thats details.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am
by Raptorbane
Trial wrote:Come on don't fight.


*Stare*

Trial wrote:Keeping it on topic, i love the idea and i can't understand whats the big fuss about it, i loved the gear back in BC, and i wish the tiers stopped looking as shitty as they do now.Revamp all the T6 into T13 and see what i care ..the game gave us a harder challenge with the comeback of ZA/ZG , and most of the players never went to those dungeons as 70 with 10/25 groups...
It's challenging,It's hard, yeah its old, but its still fun, and who knows if the zandalari don't have more plans in a near future?Who knows if zul'drak and Gundrak arn't really going to be the raids they were supose to be... only time can tell,and for what i can say,i loved this patch that for the first time i was playing the minute it was launched...and getting dc'd every second but thats details.


I never ran the new 5 mans. My interest in WoW flaked out :C I heard they were really hard but eh :T

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm
by joemann
Raptorbane wrote:
Trial wrote:Come on don't fight.


*Stare*

Trial wrote:Keeping it on topic, i love the idea and i can't understand whats the big fuss about it, i loved the gear back in BC, and i wish the tiers stopped looking as shitty as they do now.Revamp all the T6 into T13 and see what i care ..the game gave us a harder challenge with the comeback of ZA/ZG , and most of the players never went to those dungeons as 70 with 10/25 groups...
It's challenging,It's hard, yeah its old, but its still fun, and who knows if the zandalari don't have more plans in a near future?Who knows if zul'drak and Gundrak arn't really going to be the raids they were supose to be... only time can tell,and for what i can say,i loved this patch that for the first time i was playing the minute it was launched...and getting dc'd every second but thats details.


I never ran the new 5 mans. My interest in WoW flaked out :C I heard they were really hard but eh :T

Yeah raptor they are really hard. Basically, if you run them in a pug it will be a wipefest. Got to run both ZG and ZA on friday and saturday repsectively. Each group we had to pug for 1 dps, but since I am a bear tank and I had a guild healer and 2 guildmates as DPS, we weren't too worried. ZG we did not wipe once, ZA we had 2 wipes on some trash.
I honestly think the trash is harder to kill (esp. in ZA) then the bosses. All things considered, if you que up by yourself expect a wipefest.

Re: Rise of the Zandalari

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:20 pm
by Marcis
<Scratches his head>
I've ran them in PUGs with my healer. Quite fine actually. Depends on group. DPSes as usually should not stand in fire and kill adds quickly.
Trash in ZA is especially hard. Those 4 before bear boss - without CC they digest sub-200k tank in seconds. Hit like truck.
ZG trash is not that hard. Fights are fun. Last boss is ... interesting.
Venoxis is kind funny with his poison labyrynth and toxic link.

And by the way - one of the bosses (Halazzi in Zul'Aman) has achievment named "Tunnel Vision" - a MUST have :mrgreen: