Why do you guys hate Gnome?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Abazoe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:05 am

Frioz wrote:Yea, my main is at stormstrike :( oh right, hate gnomes... let me think... I guess i could blame them for the boycott right?

Oh man, the boycott is so lame. Not happening on my server but I've been reading about it at the wow lj community. I understand why alliance is pissed -- it's true that if horde rushes ibgy and sets up d there it's a turtle -- but the game is not unwinnable for alliance. On nightfall we went from winning 75% of the time to winning 50% of the time. Status quo for alliance. I do understand that losing now means less honor -- I've finished 40 minute games with >100 honor, but the solutions are many: don't lose, afk out when you see it's a turtle, start using strats.

What IS really annoying as alliance is watching drek get down to maybe 20% and then seeing someone run out when he aggro's them, ffs.
Abazoe

Postby FenixStryk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 am

Abazoe wrote:I understand why alliance is pissed -- it's true that if horde rushes ibgy and sets up d there it's a turtle -- but the game is not unwinnable for alliance.
TBH, Horde turtling at IBGY is how Horde loses, at least in my battlegroup and level bracket. However, the boycott is, in a sick way, remotely understandable from an Ally POV.

Assuming we want to, y'know, win, Horde in Stormstrike rush SHGY, and on the way begin flips at SH Bunker and occasionally SFGY. If Horde caps SHGY and the Allies haven't started a flip at SF, Horde wins since the Allies no longer have a spawn in the main field.

That never happens, though.

Horde is idiotic on Stormstrike, as they either leave SFGY to be taken by the Allies while SHGY flips, or just lose IB entirely. They don't know the meaning of the word D. If Allies get SFGY, they're primed for rushin' IB, and if IBGY is taken, Horde always loses; Galv goes down and IB Tower falls, so we're behind 200 Reinf, pinned at a chokepoint, and can't catch up.

Either case is a shut-out for the opposing faction, usually 600 Honor to 0, and although Horde is willing to suck up the losses, the Allies aren't. Thus, the queues.
FenixStryk

Postby Abazoe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Either case is a shut-out for the opposing faction, usually 600 Honor to 0, and although Horde is willing to suck up the losses, the Allies aren't. Thus, the queues.

That's why I can vaguely understand the boycott. AV used to be honor farming paradise for alliance on nightfall. We didn't win all the time but games were quick and totally predictable. 300-600 honor per, and it was great. I just think that it's very unlikely that blizz is going to change av again, and alliance might as well l2play with the new bg.

However, I'll stay in eots for my battlegrounding fun :) AV is only when I really need a LOT of honor.
Abazoe

Postby Dorgol » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I think my server (Boulderfist) is in Ruin. Alliance here has adapted to AV pretty well and we're winning 3 out of 5 games - even if it turns into a "turtle". Our D just keeps killing until their reinforcements are gone.

As for non-AV BG fun... I still lean toward AB.
Boulderfist (US), Alliance
Dorgol, 70 Warlock
Uldor, 70 Warrior
Doralen, 70 Paladin
Police, 70 Mage
Dorgol

Postby Links » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:46 am

i dont PVP in a very very long time ( its impossible to pvp in alliance side, or so it was before ) so can anyone explain me what a "turtle" is?
Links

Postby FenixStryk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 am

Links wrote:i dont PVP in a very very long time ( its impossible to pvp in alliance side, or so it was before ) so can anyone explain me what a "turtle" is?
"Turtling" is when a team in a game focuses solely on defense, usually by putting all of their forces at their strongest, most easily defendable position. It is derived from the nature of a turtle and its shell; when in danger, a turtle hides inside its shell until the threat is gone.
FenixStryk

Postby Frioz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 pm

I think since the introduction of reinforcements, alliance can not turtle anymore (good old days when you had to pick up blood or lose by sneaky alliance that rushed aid station) and cannot really afford to lose people that easily. Of course thats just me.
Frioz

Postby Abazoe » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:58 am

Frioz wrote:I think since the introduction of reinforcements, alliance can not turtle anymore (good old days when you had to pick up blood or lose by sneaky alliance that rushed aid station) and cannot really afford to lose people that easily. Of course thats just me.

Alliance can be forced to turtle fairly easily, though. If horde rushes ibgy and sets up defense there, there's no getting past it for alliance -- it's a total choke point for us. With no graveyard and lots of deaths, you end up with most of the raid back in dun baldr and a few able to force through to fw. Then it becomes a long, drawn out reinforcements battle (which alliance always loses, of course) while small groups try to make it back across the map. That's the argument for the boycott, by the way -- an interesting turn around to hear alliance complaining about terrain :-P Personally, I don't bother -- if I see the turtle forming, I'll /afk out and wait for the deserter debuff to wear off. I'm convinced it's a better route to honor, because in the above scenario there's not even a chance to taking galv down, much less towers.

However, I only see horde do this in about 1 out of 15 games or so, so it doesn't really bother me. I like the eight minute games where both sides rush. Even if you lose you still get honor from the east and west frostwolf towers, and if you REALLY care about galv a small group can go back and get him.
Abazoe

Postby nazgol » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:29 am

they r too small. and ugly.. and... u get it!
nazgol

Postby Sieldaren » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 am

nazgol wrote:they r too small. and ugly.. and... u get it!

Says a night elf male (according your avatar). :)
The powerleveler
Sieldaren

Postby Hreffie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:12 am

I hate gnomes because they tend to hump on my legs.. <.< (Says the female Night elf)
Hreffie

Postby Juonryu » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 am

a gnome took my cheezburger :(
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby nazgol » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Sieldaren wrote:
nazgol wrote:they r too small. and ugly.. and... u get it!

Says a night elf male (according your avatar). :)

pffft nightelves rule :D
nazgol

Postby Ballarus » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:40 pm

nazgol wrote:
pffft nightelves rule :D

I disagree, and present this:

Anyone ever notice how the Night Elves, when faced with important, world-changing decisions, INEVITABLY make the wrong ones? If it weren't for Night Elves and their screwups, I'd be inclined to think Azeroth in general would be a much nicer place.

Mistake 1: Destroying the Scepter of the Shifting Sands

Bronze Dragonflight: "Now that we've finally sealed away the nemesis of all Azeroth, here's a scepter should you need to break the seal and fight them again."
Fandral: "WAAAHH!"
*breaks scepter*
Bronze Dragonflight: "You dumb f*cker."

Mistake 2: Destroying the Well of Eternity

Queen Azshara: "Blahaharrrgh, I'm addicted to magic!"
Night Elves: "Well I guess that's cool."
Queen Azshara: "Blahahaharrrgh, I'm summoning demons!"
Night Elves: "Ok, that's not so cool."
*Bigass War!*
Malfurion: "I've got an idea! Let's blow up the world!"
Tyrande: "Come on, that's your solution to everything."
Malfurion: "No it's not! By the way, hold this."
Tyrande: "Hey, this looks like a-"
KABLOOIE
Tyrande: "...dammit, Malfurion."

Mistake 3: Recreating the Well of Eternity, Then Leaving It There and Falling Asleep

Illidan: "Hey guys, now that we just got done blowing THAT up, I just made a new one!"
Night Elves: "You stupid f*cker."
Malfurion: "Illidan, you're under arrest for playing the devil rock music."
Illidan: "How wude!"
*SLAMMER'D!*
Malfurion: "Anyway, let's just plant a tree over top of this sucker and call it a day."
Tyrande: "Uh, what do you want us women to do, Mal honey?"
Malfurion: "You all stay awake and keep the stove warm in case we're hungry when we wake up. Oh, and don't go running off having fun with your friends or anything, I want you in the kitchen where you belong."
Tyrande: "But-"
Malfurion: "zzzzzzzzzzzz"
Tyrande: "Dammit."

Mistake 4: Staying Asleep

Orcs: "FOR THE HORDE! And also the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzzzz"
Undead: "For the lich king! Also, again, the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzSNRKzzzzz"

Mistake 5: Picking a Fight with the Orcs

Night Elves: "WTF?! Orcs cutting down our trees? Gettem!"
Cenarius: "I'LL take the case!"
*PWNT*
Night Elves: "WTF!!"
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek

Mistake 6: Releasing Illidan

Tyrande: "We need help, gotta wake the druids up. Oh hey, Illidan! I'm sure 10,000 years of confinement has only rehabilitated him."
Illidan: "GROWLowlorarrrr"
Tyrande: "...although I could be wrong."
Illidan: "OOGHRARGHghhh!" *runs off*

Mistake 7: Blowing up the World, AGAIN

Medivh: "Quit fighting you nubs! Archimonde is coming!"
Night Elves: "Oh crap you're right. Too late now!"
Archimonde: "Bwahahahaha!"
Malfurion: "Hey, I've got an idea!"
Everyone: *groans*
KABLOOIE

Mistake 8: Stopping Illidan from killing the Lich King

Malfurion: "OMG! Illidan's doing something crazy to Northrend! Gotta stop him!"
Maiev: "I'm kookoo for catching Illidan!" *trips Tyrande*
Tyrande: "Aiiee!" *falls into river*
Malfurion and Illidan: "I'LL take the case!"
*rescue*
Illidan: "So you see, I was trying to DESTROY THE MOST POWERFUL EVIL BEING IN AZEROTH."
Malfurion: "Oh, uh..... my bad."

Mistake 9: Building a new World Tree

Fandral: "Man, I miss immortality. Let's make a new world tree!"
Malfurion: "I don't think that's a good-"
Fandral: "STFU nub."
*WORLD TREE'D!*
Fandral: "See? This place is great."
Malfurion: "I dunno, it smells kinda bad... and I think I just stepped in some ooze."
Fandral: "Yeah? Well if you don't like it, why don't you go get lost in the Emerald Dream for a few years?!"
Malfurion: "You know what?! I think I will!" *gets lost in the Emerald Dream*
Night Elves: *facepalm*
Rest of Alliance: "Remind me why we put up with these guys?"
Bronze Dragonflight: "Because you're all a bunch of dumb f*ckers."
Ballarus

Postby Juonryu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:21 am

kek
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

PreviousNext

Return to WoW