So I made a shaman....

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby lib3rator » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:39 am

finally i got greenis up to 70 and she is a lovely tree.
now i am lvling a holy pala and a shadow priest <3
lib3rator

Postby FenixStryk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:28 pm

For PvE, Shamans are great. For PvP, Shamans are OK unless you want to do Arenas (which is more or less the pinnacle of PvPing)

No CC. No anti-CC. No insta-casts besides Shocks (which are weak + mana inefficient). Totem system is broken. The only thing we have is good burst, and in PvE and BGs, that's enough to counter for our weaknesses... but for Arena? We can't keep up.

I won't quit my Shaman, but also I won't go around saying Shamans are fine. We need love.
FenixStryk

Postby The Great JT » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:33 pm

FenixStryk wrote:For PvE, Shamans are great. For PvP, Shamans are OK unless you want to do Arenas (which is more or less the pinnacle of PvPing)

No CC. No anti-CC. No insta-casts besides Shocks (which are weak + mana inefficient). Totem system is broken. The only thing we have is good burst, and in PvE and BGs, that's enough to counter for our weaknesses... but for Arena? We can't keep up.

I won't quit my Shaman, but also I won't go around saying Shamans are fine. We need love.

My point exactly.

Plus we got a warlock on the WoW boards saying that shamans "got what was coming to them in this patch nerf".

Every shaman immediately started looking at her like she was an alien pod person and cast Earth Shock on her.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Sharman

Postby skorpion » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:09 am

I used to have a 60 horde shammy b4 the Burning Crusade and it rocked in PvP, mainly AV back then... but nowday's i see people with sharmen and they are alot weaker.

blizzard rly needs to un-nerf them cause they used to be awesome
Zeranger 70 Nelf hunter Nagrand US
SkÖrpion 65 Belf hunter Frostmourne US
skorpion

Postby Tankorr » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 am

They didn't nerf us during the transition to the expansion, they just added a whole lot of abilities and talents (along with resilience) to other classes that worked against us. We stayed relatively the same while everyone else changed a bit more pervasively.

I feel we have an over-dependency on other, specific class mixes in order to succeed in Arena, which I feel is the real shortfall.
Tankorr

Postby The Great JT » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:12 am

Shaman Crowd Control: Hope They Impliment Physics And Everyone Trips Over Our Dead Bodies.

The Great JT

Postby Geneth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 am

LvL 70 Tauren Druid - Moonkin
LvL 70 Troll Rogue

Both 99,9% PvP-Chars. :D

Some Level 30-50 Twinks. Gonna Level my Huntard to 70 in the next .... days, months, years, centuries, dunno:D

@Edith told me that Shamans are still very strong, but hardly ever anyone knows how to play them. They 're some kind of rogue, who concentrates on one enemy preventing any actions from them.
The most shamans I duel start with slowing me down with frostshock, spamming Stormstrike and Purge, while I root them and kick their ass with "Wrath" and "Moonfire". They use +stren/+agility totem instead of earthbind and grounding totem.. Flameshock/Frostshock instead of a well used Earthshock. And there's the problem of shamans, the play in Arena as they play in Duels, without any sense of a brain :?
Geneth

Postby The Great JT » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 am

Yeah, if you're Enhancement and you know what you're doing, you can easily top the DPS charts. I did in Blackrock Depths yesterday.

The Great JT

Postby Suztang » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:12 am

im gunna put in my two cents.....cause i can.....but why is everyone talking about shamans when the real threat out their is Paladins?

the bubble.....IT JUST AINT RIGHT MAN!!!! :shock:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby felldain » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:57 am

Suztang wrote:im gunna put in my two cents.....cause i can.....but why is everyone talking about shamans when the real threat out their is Paladins?

the bubble.....IT JUST AINT RIGHT MAN!!!! :shock:

I really Lol'd so much

"A terrible and costly mistake you have made. It is not my time, mortals."
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=15192#comments

now see;

http://anachpally.ytmnd.com/

God I love your the man now dog.
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Postby Devicus » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:30 am

FenixStryk wrote:No CC. No anti-CC. No insta-casts besides Shocks, and potentially stormstrike (which are weak + mana inefficient). Totem system is broken. The only thing we have is good burst, the ability to heal and remove buffs, reasonable armour and a mix of ranged and melee damage, and the lowest CD interrupts of any class and in PvE and BGs, that's enough to counter for our weaknesses... but for Arena?

Yeah my sympathies. No wonder you guys struggle if you aren't aware of half your strengths.

More seriously, I don't think shamans OP but they're far from arena helpless. And they don't have to go for a certain talent to be arena viable. (my class is either below average but not helpless or VERY STRONG depending whether we take ONE TALENT or not).
Devicus

Previous

Return to WoW