f'ed up wow

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

f'ed up wow

Postby Gombol » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 am

anyone seen patch notes etc for 2.4?

badge gear thats better then black temple..raid thats harder then black temple..s4 gear....s2 gear for honour...ever since tbc bliz has f'ed up wow big time..im accually thinking of giving up :shock:
Gombol

Postby Frioz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:03 am

I'm actually happy since I had 167 badges rotting in my bank, and I'm leaving wow for a while, a couple of months maybe and my guild is moving up. So when I come back, I won't have to grind all the pieces of gear i need or compete with other new people that join the guild while i'm gone. I think also most of the gear seems to be around T5. Thats just me of course.
Frioz

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 am

Yeah it is true about the TBC ruining WoW.Before TBC raiding was more fun and nobody had like overpowered gear.Now there is barely anything based on skill yet only on gear.For me thats fcking bullshit!
ShadowHunter
Banned

Postby The Great JT » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 am

I'm just glad to finally be getting some (halfway-decent) Ret gear for soloing.

Soloing as a Holy paladin is not fun. While I'm on the subject, they're also changing Turn Undead (Rank 3) to work on Demons and calling it "Turn Evil". It shoulda been working on Demons all along! 'Til now, TU has been useless (or just about).

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Ballarus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:30 am

It's called game progression, and it's happening a lot faster now. ADAPT OR DIE!
Ballarus

Postby Tankorr » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:08 am

It is good that they are making the path towards seeing content more accessible to a wider player base. The developers have worked hard on the instances, and they deserve to be played by as many willing people as possible. That being said, this game is hardly difficult (even with attunements already in place), and the only thing holding back many of the player base from experiencing endgame is 24 other competent people with which to play.

In any case, for people who are more casual, and those of us with alts, this is a good move.

On the flip side, from a raider's perspective, while it is nice to be ahead of the curve and have the opportunity to play the game on "hard mode", I would appreciate a reward (besides the title) for doing just that. It is commonplace for games of all sorts to offer extra for those who complete a game on a higher difficulty. It doesn't even have to be anything game-changing. Something cosmetic, like access to a different kind of mount, or a beta key, or something to that effect would be spiffy.

My point is that while I agree that you should assist the bulk of your player base, don't just forget the rest of us who effectively tested your content while it was still fresh.
Tankorr

Postby Evilducks » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:53 pm

I posted my thoughts on the subject on the Official WoW forums in a thread with people whining about this change. I'll repost them here:

Being a member of a guild that has Illidan on farm I really like the changes being made for both gear and attunement.

When this patch hits I don't care that people can get T6 quality loot, I'll be working my ass off to replace what is now obsolete. Sure, some items will still be good, but the majority will be on its way to becoming void crystals in no time. The people getting T6 quality stuff in the patch can buy void crystals now, I don't really care because it all has the same value to me, about 50g on the AH. If I wasn't in BT/Hyjal yet or was just starting I'd be happy that I'd be getting an additional boost to speed up my progress through that zone so I could finish Sunwell before the next expansion hits.

I play this game for me. I have fun playing it, I don't really care what other people do as long as it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game. I like that badges will drop from all raid bosses now, I just wish I could transfer them to my alts, perhaps then I'd spend the time to finally finish leveling them to 70 without the dread of trying to gear them up as well. I have a career and just don't have the time to put into more than one actual character.

For all of you complaining about the changes, I really do pity you. There isn't any real reason to care what other people get, it doesn't affect you. Arenas, and particularly the gear available in them, have nullified any effect raid gear has on competitive content, so it's not like they're going to be using this gear to kill you. It is solely pixel elitism that you cling to and it really is pathetic.
________
HISTORY OF BMW MOTORCYCLES HISTORY
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Gombol » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 pm

Evilducks wrote:I posted my thoughts on the subject on the Official WoW forums in a thread with people whining about this change. I'll repost them here:

Being a member of a guild that has Illidan on farm I really like the changes being made for both gear and attunement.

When this patch hits I don't care that people can get T6 quality loot

1: if you have Illidan on farm, then you wouldnt care cause you should have a few hundred badges in your bank

2: you can already get t6 with welfare epics (s3)

kthx.
Gombol

Postby The Great JT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 am

Gombol wrote:2: you can already get t6 with welfare epics (s3)

kthx.

Yeah, but you know the S3 set is still not as good as the T6 set.

Or at least the Paladin Holy-spec set isn't.

The Great JT

Postby Dorgol » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:52 am

Bah, these complaints are just further proof that no matter what Blizzard does someone will be upset by it.

-----------

Gombol: What is wrong with new gear being added to the Badge vendor?

Did the release of BWL frustrate you because it was harder than MC? What about AQ40, Naxx, MH, and BT? All of these raid instances were patched into the game and were harder than the existing raid game.

I don't think they should be starting Season 4 yet, but when they do I'll fully expect to see Season 2 gear for Honor. Blizzard has stated time and again that that was the plan.

"if you have Illidan on farm, then you wouldnt care cause you should have a few hundred badges in your bank"

Why should a BT clearing player be expected to have tons of Badges? What use are Heroics / Kara to someone in T6? I've no doubt Evilducks has some badges from ZA, but certainly not the 100+ needed to buy just one of the new items.

-----------

Shadowhunter:

Raiding was more fun? Molten Bore? BWL was cool, but few people actually LIKE AQ40 until you got to the Twin Emperors and beyond. And even THERE people complained about the trash after Twin Emperors.

Nobody had overpowered gear? Seriously? My Rank 10 warrior encountered many, many people with overpowered gear. Hell, just wearing T2 made you overpowered compared to R10.

As for nothing being based on skill... sad to say, but there was never really any major skill necessary for this game to begin with. However, the smaller raid game requires each member to play at a HIGHER level than pre-TBC. High level Arena also requires a level of play far beyond what your average Joe Blow in AB is going to be throwing around.

In short, everything you said is basically wrong.

-----------

I will agree with Tankor: Players who have already Attuned themselves to MH / BT should get more than a title. Players who have already killed Illidan certainly deserve more.

-----------
Boulderfist (US), Alliance
Dorgol, 70 Warlock
Uldor, 70 Warrior
Doralen, 70 Paladin
Police, 70 Mage
Dorgol

Postby Evilducks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Gombol wrote:
Evilducks wrote:I posted my thoughts on the subject on the Official WoW forums in a thread with people whining about this change. I'll repost them here:

When this patch hits I don't care that people can get T6 quality loot

1: if you have Illidan on farm, then you wouldnt care cause you should have a few hundred badges in your bank

2: you can already get t6 with welfare epics (s3)

kthx.

Why should I have a few hundred badges in my bank? None of the raid instances I spend most of my time in drop badges currently. I won't be getting a single item of that loot until I pick up enough badges from my regular raiding.

Arena gear is not designed with raiding in mind except for maybe rogues, hunters and dps warriors. The rest don't offer enough mana regen for sustained casting dps or healing and there is no tanking loot.

You're whole complaint seems to be that you have to continue to upgrade loot or raid new instances. God forbid the game advance and change so things don't remain stagnent. I have a copy of Super Mario Bro's for my NES laying around you can have since you don't seem to want anything new. I guarantee you can beat the same thing over and over and over again for ever and not have to worry about the dreaded new content.
________
Ford classic
Evilducks

Postby The Great JT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Evilducks wrote:The rest don't offer enough mana regen for sustained casting dps or healing and there is no tanking loot.

There's NO mana regen for healers or casters. Haven't you been paying attention?

The Great JT

Postby rodyle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:52 pm

The Great JT wrote:
Evilducks wrote:The rest don't offer enough mana regen for sustained casting dps or healing and there is no tanking loot.

There's NO mana regen for healers or casters. Haven't you been paying attention?

Ehm, MP/5 gear? Spirit? Hell, buffs/talents? Not only that, but what about potions or spells?
Level 70 Warlock- Rodyle, Scarshield Legion
Levelling a shammy and rogue alt at the moment.
rodyle

Postby Evilducks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:08 pm

The Great JT wrote:There's NO mana regen for healers or casters. Haven't you been paying attention?

That's the point, PvE gear doesn't work in PvP with the complete lack of Res and low sta, PvP gear doesn't work in PvE because it doesn't have the spirit or mp5 or even really the damage throughput that you need in most cases.

I really like what Blizz is doing with the PvP and PvE loot systems and the continual addition of new content. It keeps me from getting burned out and always gives me new things to look forward to.
________
WEED NEWS
Evilducks

Postby The Great JT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Evilducks wrote:I really like what Blizz is doing with the PvP and PvE loot systems and the continual addition of new content. It keeps me from getting burned out and always gives me new things to look forward to.

Indeed.

Although you gotta admit, some stuff looks better than most. Like the Judgement (Paladin T2) set compared to the Crystalforge (Paladin T5) set.

The Great JT

Next

Return to WoW