Patch 2.4 = Shamans Become The Worst Class In The Game

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Are shamans getting graduallly killed by every new patch?

Yes.
44%
No.
56%

Total votes : 36

Postby Krom » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Ghost Wolf is awesome, because nothing makes my shaman curse my name like a good ol' fashioned beast lore.
Krom

Postby Krom » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Arcazua wrote:Part of the point I was making is that for two whole raid zones, there is on average 1 piece of moderately acceptable equipment for each slot.

I can completely agree with that.

I'd love to see 3 sets of gear for every class, and some sort of trading system (which they put in). Where you can actually go and trade random drop items in for equivalent items from Sunwell bosses. It would require a much larger strain on the itemization team and it might be hard to find a Gronnstalker Belt that is for BM hunters on the vendor when there are 24 total items, instead of 8, but it would still be "interesting" to see.

The reason I say "interesting", is that I think Blizzard would fuck it up since they don't know how to accurately create items for different specs within a class, except for classes which have been very hotly discussed.

Can you imagine them trying to make a MM set vs. a SV set? Not a chance. An Elemental Sham set from a Resto Sham set I think is pretty likely, however.
Krom

Postby Gombol » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:33 am

imo, shamans NEED a nerf, especially the enhancement tree, getting 9.5k health taken away from you in 2-4 shots is overpowered..
Gombol

Postby The Great JT » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:41 am

Gombol wrote:imo, shamans NEED a nerf, especially the enhancement tree, getting 9.5k health taken away from you in 2-4 shots is overpowered..

Stormstrike/Earth Shock FTW.

And hey, just because I can knock off 1100 or so health from a mob while they're charging at me means it's easier to solo.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Arcazua » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 am

Krom wrote:Can you imagine them trying to make a MM set vs. a SV set? Not a chance. An Elemental Sham set from a Resto Sham set I think is pretty likely, however.

I would argue that marks' needs are close enough to BM that it is fairly irrelevant to make *three* sets. Difference in taste for haste rating and maybe a little for int/MP5. Other than that, is there really any difference? Surv is the one that screws things up. "We want agility. We don't want hit rating. We want more agility rather than attack power. We don't need as much int and MP5 cause we recover over 12% of our mana spent lol. We get bonuses on stamina. Crit is really good. And more agility!"

Then again, marks benefits from bonuses to arcane and multi that don't interest BM unless they use a priority rotation, so you could do *something* with it, kinda like the Al'ar trinket but actually useful.

If you understand any of this post...then there is the distinct possibility that you could be a hunter.
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby Krom » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Arcazua wrote:Stuff

Ugh, I hate it when Arc gets what he wants!
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34183

Edit: Ugh, wtf http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34194
Krom

Postby FenixStryk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 am

Gombol wrote:imo, shamans NEED a nerf, especially the enhancement tree, getting 9.5k health taken away from you in 2-4 shots is overpowered..
If this isn't a blatant troll, I... well, I dunno what to say besides use more CC. Enhance is hands-down the easiest class to shut down. In terms of PvP, they only prosper in the mayhem of BGs because people tend to be unaware of their surroundings.

Also, why so much Hunter PvE talk? ;p
FenixStryk

Postby Esoth » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Narya wrote:
Esoth wrote:Do you have a source for the change to improved ghost wolf form? Because it's not in the patch notes and I have not seen it anywhere. Until a source is provided, I'm going to have to assume that shamans can now spec to get an instant ghost wolf form, as well as 50% movement slowing effect reduction. I would see that as an improvement for enh pvp.

test realm patch notes gets updated all the time, as of March 19, 2008...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnot ... notes.html

• Ghost Wolf: Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.

• Toughness will now also reduce the duration of movement slowing effects on you by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Right - that ghost wolf change would make it instant cast with talents. This is in the patch notes as you pointed out. But JT was saying the improved ghost wolf talent changed the casting time it reduced from 1/2 seconds to .5/1 seconds - and THAT I have not hear anything about. And as you can see, it's not in the patch notes.
Esoth

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 am

if you get hit by a shaman you should rethink how to play. we are the easiest class in the game to kite/CC. infact, we have no CC only snares and no anti CC except grounding totem (if you even consider it that). hopefully the new talent changes will help us get to our target so we can do that 10k damage with WTFOMG windfury
Dallas

Postby Devicus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Dallas wrote:

if you get hit by a shaman you should rethink how to play. we are the easiest class in the game to kite/CC. infact, we have no CC only snares and no anti CC except grounding totem (if you even consider it that). hopefully the new talent changes will help us get to our target so we can do that 10k damage with WTFOMG windfury

Both quotes are quite ridiculous. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Shaman can snare you in return for anything you can do. Warriors and rogues *would not want* to kite shamans. Clothies who get too close even for a few seconds are DEAD. When paired with a warrior who can stun you a few seconds, a shaman is lethal in pvp.

There's a paper scissors stone element. I'm a lock. I pwn shamans. Warriors pwn me. My guild's shamans laugh at warriors. I thought warriors were near unbeatable, but then a mage, someone I can laugh at, annihilated a warrior who could have killed me in 3 seconds, without taking a scratch... funny that.

Shaman are neither OP nor pathetic. They have no CC, but they can heal, DPS at range and close, and snare. So they have everything but CC and main tanking ability. But then rogue CC is limited and warriors don't CC either. And they don't ranged DPS or heal. My understanding is that shaman require some finesse to play well...
Devicus

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:51 am

Devicus wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Both quotes are quite ridiculous. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Shaman can snare you in return for anything you can do. Warriors and rogues *would not want* to kite shamans. Clothies who get too close even for a few seconds are DEAD. When paired with a warrior who can stun you a few seconds, a shaman is lethal in pvp.

There's a paper scissors stone element. I'm a lock. I pwn shamans. Warriors pwn me. My guild's shamans laugh at warriors. I thought warriors were near unbeatable, but then a mage, someone I can laugh at, annihilated a warrior who could have killed me in 3 seconds, without taking a scratch... funny that.

Shaman are neither OP nor pathetic. They have no CC, but they can heal, DPS at range and close, and snare. So they have everything but CC and main tanking ability. But then rogue CC is limited and warriors don't CC either. And they don't ranged DPS or heal. My understanding is that shaman require some finesse to play well...

"But then rogue CC is limited" just... no.

"Clothies who get too close even for a few seconds are DEAD." yeah because when my wf double crits and i do 3k damage that = a dead clothie.

"They have no CC, but they can heal, DPS at range and close, and snare."

We have no CC; we have no anti-CC to compensate for every other class having CC; Enh can maybe heal for ~2.5k ? i'm not at my computer so i cant make sure (and thats not the lesser healing wave); our melee dps is very good (especially in pve); enh casting lightning bolts? the only range i use is shocks which is ~1000 damage every 6 seconds (thats 166 dps); snares? a lot of classes have them and all pure melee have spammable ones. rogues have crip poisin (WHICH WHEN USED WITH SHIV IS SPAMMABLE), warriors have hamstring. shaman have a totem with 15 sec cooldown and a effect radius and a 6 second CD snare.

now FS doen't have Diminishing returns which IMO makes it OP in some situations. i like it but sometimes i FS someone on a mount, instant GW and FS again until they are dead. when used this way (the person isn't fighting just running away) it is a more then suitable ability.

if i am ranting i wouldn't be surprised, like usual i'm in a computer class and i saw some topic i have an opinion on. none of my comments are meant to be hostile and the caps were used to draw attention, not to yell.

if you would like to talk to me in game or to yell at me my name is Gornek on Kil'Jaeden US
Dallas

Previous

Return to WoW