lol wut?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

lol wut?

Postby Marlux » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 am

I got one for you guys...

Okay. According to my friend, he used to be on a diff PVP server. He forgets which one and could care less. Anyway...Somehow, the horde got really coordinated and got about 150 lvl 70's to pretty much dominate the area outside of stormwind and parts of westfall. This became SO hectic that a GM mass messaged the players warning them that if they did not clear out, they would be threatened will a ban. I'm not sure what kind of ban (Temp or perm) but they were faced with a warning.

Now...it's a PVP server...............you PK...........so......If you're faced with a ban on a PVP server where you can openly kill other players (especially in contested ground), then why are you faced with a possible ban?

In my opinion, the players of the opposing faction were ruining gameplay to a fairly active server for HUNDREDS of players attempting to get to/leave stormwind and westfall. So...Ruined gameplay = deleted subscriptions to the game.

Now here's a story that happened to me on Stormreaver.

Apparently, about 40 really bastard alliance guys were ganking all over the Arathi Highland area. And they even took Tarren mill for about maybe..................20 minutes. Some ranged from lvl 50-70.

In retaliation, the horde brought over 80 lvl 60-70's and took southshore and killed every NPC in southshore.

People flying to Southshore faced death the second they landed. I was heading to SS to meet up with a friend to go quest. 5 lvl 60's gaurded the gate you pass if you're walking there.

I was camped for about...15 minutes. Finally got away by stealthing and hiding behind trees. I got to SS..........everything was dead............EVERYTHING.

Horde was gone...........everything dead. Stormreaver is ALSO a PVP server...and I think that the horde got the same warning.

I might not have my info right or whatever. I could care less but.........Yeah. If you have anything to contribute for the sake of conversation...go for it.

Marlux

Postby crashbang » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 pm

there's a difference between playing the game and griefing/harrassment
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby lib3rator » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm

in genjuros we cleared all the horde cities and then we defended ours. no bans.
lib3rator

Postby The Great JT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:51 am

Makes me glad that Darromere world PvP missed the point.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Turnis » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:19 am

I refuse to beleive this because pvp in any for is not considered griefing at all. You can camp someone for 5 days strait and blizz cant ban you. According to their own rules everythign stated in this thread is perfectly legal so I think your friend was trying to start a fuss
....what?
Turnis

Postby crashbang » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Turnis wrote:I refuse to beleive this because pvp in any for is not considered griefing at all. You can camp someone for 5 days strait and blizz cant ban you. According to their own rules everythign stated in this thread is perfectly legal so I think your frien od was trying to start a fuss

camping is ok, but depending on how long it is, and if the camped has had a stick up thier butt since birth, it CAN be reported as harrassment.

though it usually doesn't result in bans, just warnings until the GM gets pissed off at them for taking time out of thier day
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby Gombol » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 pm

a horde lock was on top of goldshire inn this morning, i contacted a GM and he was teleported into the middle of 4 lvl 70 alliance :)
Gombol

Postby Marlux » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:08 am

Gombol wrote:a horde lock was on top of goldshire inn this morning, i contacted a GM and he was teleported into the middle of 4 lvl 70 alliance :)

Pwned

Marlux

Postby Cass » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 am

Howl of Terror + Fel Domination + Summon Stupid (Voidwalker) + Sacrifice + run like a Halfling on crack = win.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby magic » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 am

Gombol wrote:a horde lock was on top of goldshire inn this morning, i contacted a GM and he was teleported into the middle of 4 lvl 70 alliance :)

Obviously can't be compared though, since that is exploiting

Althought exploiting by getting into areas you cannot reach is starting to become a thin line too... getting to the roof of that house directly across from the inn is so easy with an epic mount..

Edit: Oops, Goldshire, I read it as Darkshire
Last edited by magic on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
magic

Postby The Great JT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 am

That's complete bullshit. He's trying to world PvP and people bitch about him killing other players. I think the Blizz guys are just concerned with shutting up the whiners.

The Great JT

Postby Gombol » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am

The Great JT wrote:

That's complete bullshit. He's trying to world PvP and people bitch about him killing other players. I think the Blizz guys are just concerned with shutting up the whiners.

using mailboxes to get onto the roofs is a exploit, even a GM said it is.
Gombol

Postby The Great JT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 am

Gombol wrote:using mailboxes to get onto the roofs is a exploit, even a GM said it is.

That's not the issue. I'm talking about the guy's killing other players in a world PvP environment and people suddenly think they're entitled to get him banned. Nobody seems to care when the Alliance players are on the Goldshire inn roof, so why should it be the ultimate case of unfairness when Horde gets up there and starts spamming Rain Of Fire and Shadowfury and it's suddenly a case of unfairness?

The Great JT

Postby Dorgol » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:21 am

People still go to Goldshire?
Boulderfist (US), Alliance
Dorgol, 70 Warlock
Uldor, 70 Warrior
Doralen, 70 Paladin
Police, 70 Mage
Dorgol

Postby The Great JT » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:37 am

Dorgol wrote:People still go to Goldshire?

Yes, and it's become a cesspool.

The Great JT

Next

Return to WoW