The Death Knight Thread

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

The Death Knight Thread

Postby The Great JT » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:26 pm

WotLK's coming out, and we need a "discussion of Death Knights" thread. Get cracking.

I'm really starting to get curious as to how a Death Knight will play. Y'know, I get the feeling it'll be somewhat of a middle-ground between a Retribution-spec paladin and an Arms-spec (or Fury-spec, if you're a dual-wielder DK) warrior meshed together with a rogue. I read that certain kinds of runes fuel certain kinds of abilities, and that X, Y and Z number of runes are required to use whatever ability, sort of like different numbers of rogue combo points differ the effect/increase the duration/increase the damage/whatever, and the fact they use mainly 1-hand and 2-hand bladed weapons and plate mail means they'd have high survivability and damage output, like a Retribution paladin, Rogue in Plate (Fury warrior) or Arms warrior.

On an unrelated question, when WotLK comes out, what race are you gonna start a DK as? I think I'm gonna transfer my paladin over to another server (RP server, because the server I'm on is terrible and missed the point of world PvP) and start a female human DK.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Frioz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Wish they would allow my blood elf mage to be a necromancer, but I guess I have to stick with my death knight pink tailed gnome.
Frioz

Postby Suztang » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 pm

i havent read the DK notes to closely but are all the DK working for Lich King? if so does that mean there a 3rd faction?

.....i really should just read the notes :lol:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby crashbang » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:32 am

i'm gonna laugh my ass off if healing hurts them and shadow spells heal em
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby Gombol » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 am

They are gunna get nerfed first patch, from what ive eheard, they tank, heal and DPS with a 2H weapon, so...yeah.
Gombol

Postby FenixStryk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:25 am

Gombol wrote:They are gunna get nerfed first patch, from what ive eheard, they tank, heal and DPS with a 2H weapon, so...yeah.
Sounds a lot like Feral Druids ;p

Back on topic, I suspect they're closest to being "Evil" Ret Pallies... sort of like Meleemancers of D2, or the child of a Warlock/Warrior couple.

I really, REALLY hope that the Rune system isn't similar to how Runescape magic works. I couldn't stand being a spellcaster in that game.
FenixStryk

Postby lib3rator » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:54 am

tbh a deathknight can't heal because he denied all the good in him/her
lib3rator

Postby Marlux » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:27 am

Did you guys know that Blood elf pally's are actually called Blood knights? Just letting ya know.

What I think that they're going to do with WotLKs new class (DK) is that when you get to 80 on a regular paladin, you do some sort of quest and become able to create a DK. You make a new character but the character starts at lvl 60 rather than lvl 1.

OR

Another way they might do it is that the same thing. Like do a quest at 80 and stuff and then your holy skill tree is switched with unholy or something and your spell book goes through a bunch of changes but that might be difficult to do.

EDIT:
Suztang wrote:i havent read the DK notes to closely but are all the DK working for Lich King? if so does that mean there a 3rd faction?

If they make a new faction...A lot of people are going to pissed. I'll be pretty pissed.

Marlux

Postby Neth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 am

Marlux wrote:What I think that they're going to do with WotLKs new class (DK) is that when you get to 80 on a regular paladin, you do some sort of quest and become able to create a DK. You make a new character but the character starts at lvl 60 rather than lvl 1.

OR

Another way they might do it is that the same thing. Like do a quest at 80 and stuff and then your holy skill tree is switched with unholy or something and your spell book goes through a bunch of changes but that might be difficult to do.

Requesting permission to re-write my post. 55 req. Nothing else, nothing less. 'Cept WOTLK on the acc ^^

Marlux wrote:EDIT:
Suztang wrote:i havent read the DK notes to closely but are all the DK working for Lich King? if so does that mean there a 3rd faction?

If they make a new faction...A lot of people are going to pissed. I'll be pretty pissed.

Not third faction. Still Horde/All.
But DK ain't anything for me. Not until they can become Cookie Knights.
Last edited by Neth on Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby Shadostriker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 am

Neth wrote:Not until they can become Cookie Knights.

Must have Cookieknight!

I can imagine the spells a cookie knight would use....
Shadostriker

Postby Neth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Instead of the Lich King, we can have some form of Cookie Lord!

New expansion revealed:
The Cookie Lord strikes back at Azeroth to devour the races that battle across its surface once and for all!

...As a title naturally.
As it cant be a WOTLK ripoff, we can instead of vampiric giant vikings (?) have were-bear gnomes swinging gigantic spanners instead.
Just a thought, just a thought...
Would look awesome though.
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby magic » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:18 am

Neth wrote:Nah. They are sort of outcasts and have their own little hideout and all, like Death Knight Camping Lodge and places, and are pretty disliked among cities, even your own faction. I dunno if the guard is all like "DEATH KNIGHT! KILL IT! BURN ITS FACE!" or all like "Hmpf. Death Knight. Keep an eye on that one, don't let him trade with the vendors" or whatever. Bottomline, you DO join Alliance/Horde faction, they dont like you either way, you have hideouts or something abit everywhere anyway.

I reckon it will be more or less like warlock and rogue trainers. Standing around outside or in some damp dark basement.
A separate death knight camp, sort of like Moonglade for druids, would be really cool though..
magic

Postby Suztang » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am

magic wrote:
Neth wrote:Nah. They are sort of outcasts and have their own little hideout and all, like Death Knight Camping Lodge and places, and are pretty disliked among cities, even your own faction. I dunno if the guard is all like "DEATH KNIGHT! KILL IT! BURN ITS FACE!" or all like "Hmpf. Death Knight. Keep an eye on that one, don't let him trade with the vendors" or whatever. Bottomline, you DO join Alliance/Horde faction, they dont like you either way, you have hideouts or something abit everywhere anyway.

I reckon it will be more or less like warlock and rogue trainers. Standing around outside or in some damp dark basement.
A separate death knight camp, sort of like Moonglade for druids, would be really cool though..

i agree with the moonglade theory but a 3rd faction would be kinda kool it would put a new spin on pvp. alliance vs horde and scourge against everyone! i think bgs would prove to difficult on how they get DK in, but it would be kool to be in a faction that says "alliance or horde?.....F*** em all!!!!" :lol:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Marlux » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:19 am

Blizz has tried their hardest not to fuck up their game...Let's hope they keep it that way...>_>

Marlux

Postby Suztang » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:57 am

Marlux wrote:Blizz has tried their hardest not to fuck up their game...Let's hope they keep it that way...>_>

i think blizzard is beyond trying not to fuck up their game! lets not forget...

- sabers/tigers now show footprints when walking backwards in the snow :lol:
Suztang

Next

Return to WoW