The Death Knight Thread

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Neth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 am

Suztang wrote:
Marlux wrote:Blizz has tried their hardest not to fuck up their game...Let's hope they keep it that way...>_>

i think blizzard is beyond trying not to fuck up their game! lets not forget...

- sabers/tigers now show footprints when walking backwards in the snow :lol:

Indeed, they are trying their hardest to perfect mechanics, talents, bugs and balancings in the game, aswell as in the future expansion.
The footprint fix is just an example of the dedication blizzard shows to fix all issues within World of Warcraft.

...Not.
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby Devicus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:10 pm

theories aside, blizz have stated that death knights will be fresh death knights who have been trained ut then decided they cannot work for the lich king and defected to alliance and horde sides. They will eb tolerated much like locks and rogues.

Blizz have also said they'd rather make them weak than OP, as they would rather have them as a fun/novelty/niche class than throw months and years of people's time in their faces by rendering them obsolete.

And no, I can't source it but I know I saw it, and frankly, it is the most reasonable explanation right?
Devicus

Postby rvbtucker » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Devicus wrote:And no, I can't source it but I know I saw it, and frankly, it is the most reasonable explanation right?
knowing blizzard, not really. They would love to make us all play one class because the others are obsolete, mainly for shits-and-giggles. Maybe if this was Bungie, but its not....
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Neth » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:48 am

You are correct in DKs being weak, Dev. I also recall reading somewhere that this time they will seriously (try to :D) balance the DK, and it cant be balanced, it'll rather be underpowered than overpowered.

However i do believe they had to get their little cozy hideouts somewhere off. I will have to consult with my brother about where he found the information about the hideout section, as it was from him i gathered my information about that. Anyway, i sure hope it dont happen, it would be much easier if they indeed, like rogues & warlocks, had a class trainer 'hidden' somewhere in the town.
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby magic » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:30 am

I still believe deathknights won't be completely shut out of other cities, they will probably be able to access vendors for sales and repair, mailbox, ah, bank etc - No way that Blizzard will want to make a separate system all for those - and let's face it, life as a deathknigth will suck if you can't go repair or make gold at all ;p Since they won't start at level 80 either, but will level at least 10 levels, they need to be able to talk to faction quest npc's as well - If it gets decided, Death knight only will level the last 10 levels in Northrend, it is doable I suppose to make a whole new community for deathknights alone, but I'd say also unlikely.

For trainers though, a druidlike Moonglade system will probably work nicely, but like druids, they will probably get a free travel back.
magic

Postby Suztang » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 am

magic wrote:I still believe deathknights won't be completely shut out of other cities, they will probably be able to access vendors for sales and repair, mailbox, ah, bank etc - No way that Blizzard will want to make a separate system all for those - and let's face it, life as a deathknigth will suck if you can't go repair or make gold at all ;p Since they won't start at level 80 either, but will level at least 10 levels, they need to be able to talk to faction quest npc's as well - If it gets decided, Death knight only will level the last 10 levels in Northrend, it is doable I suppose to make a whole new community for deathknights alone, but I'd say also unlikely.

For trainers though, a druidlike Moonglade system will probably work nicely, but like druids, they will probably get a free travel back.

*cough* 3rd faction *cough*

man i got a bad cold, anyone got a cough drop? :lol:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Evilducks » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Death Knights will be like any other character, there will be very few quests that even deal with them in different ways than any other class. They'll try to balance them as best they can with the other what.. 9 classes?

There is a new combat system involved so it'll be interesting to see how well they do it, but beyond that they're just another character that you don't have to start at level 1.
________
FULL MELT BUBBLE HASH
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Bjornson » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Blizzard doesnt balance classes. They cycle through them all, buffing then slowly nerfing back down in response to complaints to make it look like they actually do work. Balancing implies actively working towards a lasting solution to the problem rather than making each class the "flavor of the month" for awhile until it gets nerfed.
"A cowardly man thinks he will ever live,
if warfare he avoids,
but old age, will bring him no peace,
though spears may spare him."

-Havamal, stanza 16
Bjornson

Postby Evilducks » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Bjornson wrote:Blizzard doesnt balance classes. They cycle through them all, buffing then slowly nerfing back down in response to complaints to make it look like they actually do work. Balancing implies actively working towards a lasting solution to the problem rather than making each class the "flavor of the month" for awhile until it gets nerfed.

One post on a forum for a gaming comic and it's complaining about class balance. This has to be a record, somebody call Guinness.
________
Cala
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby dumbledorenw » Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 am

the thing is, theres a lot of wrong info goin around.

First of all,
1.Any class or race can unlock the deathknight

2.The deathknight can be any race that you want it to be.
You can make as many deathknights on the server you unlock it on until you reach the normal limit to which you can make new characters to.

3.Deathknights use a rune system to use spells that they apply to their weapons before they enter combat and there is a cooldown to these runes.

4.The deathknight starts off in a training area with all basic lvl 55(which is the estimated lvl they start at) gear and im not sure about gold or mounts.

5.You do a couple of quests in this training area and then you choose your faction that you want to fight along with.

Finally, Yes, you CAN make a pink tail gnome deathknight sing naked outside Brill :P
Me on guild chat:
ME:Ok so anyone else notice that when u say /gquit now it asks if ur sure?
Nightnight leaves the guild.
ME:lal
Dumbledorenw
<FIBUA>
Lvl 70 Undead Mage
<Aerie>
dumbledorenw

Postby Gombol » Fri May 09, 2008 1:21 am

dumbledorenw wrote:Finally, Yes, you CAN make a pink tail gnome deathknight sing naked outside Brill :P

Sounds hawt.
Gombol

Postby The Great JT » Fri May 09, 2008 5:49 am

Here, real crap about death knights, straight from Tigole and that shaman class-breaking Kalgan.

Courtesey of MMO-Champion

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby dumbledorenw » Sat May 10, 2008 12:46 am

Is there much truth to that thread? I mean I know about the new proffesion and all but I didn't see any of the other stuff on the blizz website :P
Me on guild chat:
ME:Ok so anyone else notice that when u say /gquit now it asks if ur sure?
Nightnight leaves the guild.
ME:lal
Dumbledorenw
<FIBUA>
Lvl 70 Undead Mage
<Aerie>
dumbledorenw

Postby Evilducks » Mon May 12, 2008 9:17 am

dumbledorenw wrote:Is there much truth to that thread? I mean I know about the new proffesion and all but I didn't see any of the other stuff on the blizz website :P

They're pretty reliable, and they have links to where they gathered all the info from.
________
Washington Dispensaries
Last edited by Evilducks on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby The Great JT » Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 am

MMO-C's where I get all my info on the game.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

PreviousNext

Return to WoW