If you could change...

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby none140 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 pm

I'd nerf resto droods
none140
Banned

Postby Anbutou » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm

BTW, the devilsaurs aren't quite "FULL" sized, but by no means are they nerfed. At least twice as tall as a draenei hunter friend of mine, and they even do the "stomp" from Jurassic Park, lol.
Anbutou

Postby Anbutou » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Also, responding to the post that says feral/resto druids aren't overpowered. They are. Tremendously. A feral druid who plays his class right is IMPOSSIBLE to peel off his target, nothing you do will keep them. I've ran into quite a few of them on the way to 1800, and the only thing that stops them from being a dominant force is simply because they don't sync up well enough to really be a "comp".

PvP isn't, and has never really been about individual skill. Once you are up to a certain level, your individual contribution to the team doesn't matter at all, it's just the comp you run, and how well it counters everyone else. Of course, skill helps, but what I'm saying, is when you're able to play at a 2200 level, it doesn't matter how good you get, it won't matter as much as the comps you run.

Not only that, but druids cry a lot about the fact that feral isn't PvP viable, why should you have three full specs that you could go at any point in time to arena with? No other class has full access to their complete spec choices and is fully successful in arenas with them.

PvP resto is downright overpowered, the ability to apply your full healing in four globals, and maybe a regrowth if you need direct healing, is just beyond ridiculous. The ability to kite is overwhelming, and if the druid is night elf...... GFG.
Anbutou

Postby Lihonessa » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Anbutou, although your post makes a lot of sense, I have to comment one small thing.

Anbutou wrote:PvP isn't, and has never really been about individual skill.

Actually, PvP is entirely about skill. Somebody who doesn't know how to play their class right for PvP will have a lot less success than somebody who is more experienced.

For instance, I have a Shaman, which is rumored by many people as overpowered in both PvP and PvE. Sure, but I nearly always lose in duels, and I have never won a match of Arena before. The main reason for this is because I don't know how to kite a player well, every time I try to turn around for a Lightning Bolt they're already pounding on my again just when I'm trying to finish casting it. Yes, my Shaman is Elemental.
But, I have seen Elemental Shamans who play like professionals, managing to win a duel without losing more than 80 percent of their health, or without even getting hit. These people do know how to kite well, and are a lot more successful than me.

And I have seen these cases with multiple classes, not just Shamans. Plus, people can lose in Battlegrounds due to the lack of skill from just one or two players, who don't know how to use their class for PvP or when to time their skills right.

So for the record, I'd like to say that any kind of PvP indeed is about skill, although I won't admit that gear might give you an advantage.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby felorn » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:43 am

*nod* For the record, I also have an elemental shaman
felorn

Postby none140 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Lihonessa wrote:Anbutou, although your post makes a lot of sense, I have to comment one small thing.

Anbutou wrote:PvP isn't, and has never really been about individual skill.

So for the record, I'd like to say that any kind of PvP indeed is about skill, although I won't admit that gear might give you an advantage.

lol

Lihonessa wrote:For instance, I have a Shaman, which is rumored by many people as overpowered in both PvP and PvE.

roflmao

thank you, Lihonessa, you made my day :D
none140
Banned

Postby felorn » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Don't dizz the shamans
felorn

Postby Lihonessa » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 pm

none140 wrote:thank you, Lihonessa, you made my day :D

My pleasure. :wink:

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby felorn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:09 am

Heh..
felorn

Postby Putuk! » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 am

I´d get rid of da mats for waterwalking for shamans. (MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)
<-- Old thing I threw in...

WORDS!
Putuk!

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:35 am

Putuk! wrote:I´d get rid of da mats for waterwalking for shamans. (MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

Definitely, it's a little annoying to keep two bag slots taken for mats to cast Underwater Breathing and Water Walking.

I'd personally also change Water Walking so it wouldn't break when you're under attack, but that will probably result in some heavy QQ. :roll:

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Chatrata » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:05 am

Less QQ morepewpew.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby lappen » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 pm

nerf my rogue.

seriously i'm tired of having such an easy time killing things.
lappen

Postby felorn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 pm

What he said!
felorn

Postby The Great JT » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:54 pm

I would get rid of reagent requirements for all of the following:

Water Walking (Shaman)
Water Breathing (Shaman)
Levitate (Priest)
Slow Fall (Mage)
Ritual Of Doom (Warlock)
Rebirth (Druid)

I would also get rid of durability on throwing weapons.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

PreviousNext

Return to WoW