Hurray.....Im A Noob Again!!!!

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Hurray.....Im A Noob Again!!!!

Postby Suztang » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 pm

well its my first day in outland with a warrior and it feels like i just started playin all over again! everythings new....im lost....and fel reavers scare me :cry: hopefully my brother will get home soon and help me!
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Gombol » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:23 pm

ownt. srsly. :)
Gombol

Postby Suztang » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:18 pm

im kinda glad i made it out here. itz only been an hour and i already raked in 10g and got all new armour and half of a lvl :D
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby lib3rator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 am

early outland sucks for warriors :/ gl ^^
lib3rator

Postby Suztang » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:50 am

its easier to lvl i guess cause im in a family guild. father-in-law has 70 druid and 64 pally and brother has 70 warlock, and sis-in-law has 70 rogue so their goal now is getting me to 70 after that im thinkin of respec into protection so i can tank for them :D next up will be my wife with her 32 mage.
Suztang

Postby Lenrado » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:31 pm

I can't belive i'm helping someone with a gnome joke in their sig, but here are a few (ok, two) tips.

-Bombing quests:
At some point, you will get a quest where you are asked to ride around on a taxi flight and throw bombs onto unsuspecting inanimate objects/mobs with freakishly high health. Get used to these, you'll be doing 3 a day eventually.

-Netherstorm:
Avoid it like the plauge till you hit 70. Once you do, sweep the zone for quests. I managed to reap about 1kg on my mage.

That's all I can really advise, unless i'm forgetting something.

NECRO-POSTER AWAY!
Lenrado-DPSer, DPSer, and all around scrub.

70 Rogue and Mage on Blackhand.
DEATH TO TABBYCAT
Lenrado

Postby magic » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:53 am

I used to do that too, save Netherstorm and Shadowmoon for 70, so I could reap gold for xp rewards

These days with the 25 dailies and the easy quel'danas/Shatteres sun dailies, the gold is less of an argument for that though

Of course, doing actual one time quests for gold instead of dailies can bring about a welcome change from the repetitive dailies, but I certainly would drop green quests/mobs in favour of yellow Netherstorm/SMV quests if I had the choice today.
magic

Postby Suztang » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:54 am

well its not so hard now that i respec into prot, i got almost all new gear and 98g. im thinking about farming AV for a little while before i go questing again since im not goin to get a chance to again when i hit 61, well i could but come on im not gunna get anything done :P
Suztang

Re: Hurray.....Im A Noob Again!!!!

Postby Fili » Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am

Suztang wrote:well its my first day in outland with a warrior and it feels like i just started playin all over again! everythings new....im lost....and fel reavers scare me :cry: hopefully my brother will get home soon and help me!

That's my everyday in outlands :) and i'm 70 :P
Death swarms within its rocky wall where all are one, one will rules all.
Be now the dead, the living strive, with mindless will to serve the hive.
Fili

Postby Suztang » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 am

WOOT LVL 70 FINALLY!!!!

and......i feel like a noob again! :x

got my flying mount and was able to get pvp sword and sheild but still really undergeared. theres been talk about doin Mech, and we have enuff to do Kara and GL got the key for it. any suggestions? ive been asked to tank MT multiple times but ive declined cause i didnt think i was geared for it.

note: Quel'danas island (or however you spell it) is freakin awsome doin all the dailies ive pulling 60g+ a day!
Suztang

Postby Redneckizm » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 am

Well, time to get your revenge on those Fel Reavers, get on the quest chain to get your key to Shattered Halls, the 3rd part you have to Kill a Fel Reaver and use his body heat to smelt the Key.
They might kick your a$$ at lvl 60 but a decent Tank & Healer with 1-2 DPS can take them down pretty easily. Last boss in Shatt Halls drops a pretty nice Tanking ring for you.
World of Warcraft - It's not a Passion, It's an Obsession.

It's NOT a Game, It's a full time Hobby!
Redneckizm

Postby felldain » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Suztang wrote:WOOT LVL 70 FINALLY!!!!

and......i feel like a noob again! :x

got my flying mount and was able to get pvp sword and sheild but still really undergeared. theres been talk about doin Mech, and we have enuff to do Kara and GL got the key for it. any suggestions? ive been asked to tank MT multiple times but ive declined cause i didnt think i was geared for it.

note: Quel'danas island (or however you spell it) is freakin awsome doin all the dailies ive pulling 60g+ a day!

Your gears fine for non-heroic 70 instances and so I'd really recommend farming them for your gear upgrades. Your tanking set has enough armour and stamina, your jsut seriously lacking in defense. You want to be un-crittable before you step in Karazahn or any heroic instance.

I'd recommend just using This Wowhead Link to deduce what gear upgrades are best for you, and where to find them. It'd also be worth tallying up which instances provide the most/best upgrades so you can deck yourself out efficiently.

Good luck getting your gear though, I'm having to grind BG's to gear my resto shaman as no-one instances on Sunstrider it seems.
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Postby Corilithon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 am

MgT isn't too bad, just prepare for a lot of magic-based damage if you're tanking it... just run a lot of Instances that are 70 accessible.

As for Heroics/Raids... no clue. From what i've been told you need to be well geared to do both... so using one to get gear for the other won't work apparently? Bah. Fresh 70 is so confusing, get used to it. --.--
Corilithon

Postby Suztang » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:56 am

Corilithon wrote:MgT isn't too bad, just prepare for a lot of magic-based damage if you're tanking it... just run a lot of Instances that are 70 accessible.

As for Heroics/Raids... no clue. From what i've been told you need to be well geared to do both... so using one to get gear for the other won't work apparently? Bah. Fresh 70 is so confusing, get used to it. --.--

for the first time since lvl 56 ive found myself scouring the AH for gear.... :cry: i pulled my defense up alot though so thats good. what i dont understand is i was told 490 defense is the limit after that its useless but, you still get armour from it right? its a bit confusing. i do remember the term "uncrushable" was used when i get 490. this also confuses me. i was told it was like resilence. it helps me from getting crit on or "2 shotted" as some call it :?
Suztang

Postby Chatrata » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 am

490 Defense makes you uncrushable by bosses. I know the noob feeling, I only dinged 70 recently too. Heroics are supposed to be used to gear up for raiding, but my server sucks so you can't do heroic pugs unless you are lucky or have T5+ :/
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Next

Return to WoW