2.4 today

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

2.4 today

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:01 am

whos excited? any gripes? random thoughts?

playing an enh shaman i'm hurt they gave us *something* then took it away :[
Dallas

Postby Suztang » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 am

oh snaps *checks calendar* 2.4 is today?
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 am

yeah i downloaded it right before i left for school.
Dallas

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 am

yeah.... sitting at my computer waiting for servers to start up again

poo
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Krom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am

We're hoping for a Server First/Second Kalecgos tonight, and hopefully a server first Brutallus tonight. With the sheer number of guilds in the zone though, It'll be interesting to see where we fall in the US/World standings. Nihilum is pretty much fucked for world firsts though!

I believe there was roughly 4-5 guilds that *almost* killed Brutallus on the PTR, so they might do pretty well (one of those is on Mal'ganis as well). I don't think it'll be too absurd to have Felmyst down by Thursday. We were getting through phase 1 --> phase 2 --> dying early phase 1 again on the PTR so with the Mass dispel changes and a little more practice, a good raid comp and "OMG BLOW HIM UP" dps I think it's pretty doable in a day or two.

This is all assuming they didn't make these bosses harder. If Brutallus still requires the same numbers he used to, he's going to be a pretty massive cockblock for pretty much everyone, which is nice since he'll actually be, you know, hard. Compared to all of BT/Hyjal.
Krom

Postby Shadostriker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:12 am

Oooo, can't wait to download it and see whats up. I don't read the patch notes till they come out and i have to while the patch is downloading. Hope it goes well for my main classes. :)

Edit: Whoooo! Mal'ganis FTW! :D
Shadostriker

Postby Evilducks » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:39 am

Figures it launches on the day I can't raid. Guess we're racing to be top on LB but I imagine ER will still beat us. We didn't get much practice on anything because every time we got on PTR it was either lagged to shit or they would bring it down as soon as we reached a boss, and it was only up about 20% of the times we tried to go raid.

Hard bosses will be an interesting change of pace. TT has been farming everything so long I think we may have gone soft. We'll see how it goes, but 2 day a week raiding schedules has definately taken its toll.

How far can we get before we hit the locked gateways? Felmyst?
________
Homemade vaporizers
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Krom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Felmyst, yes.

http://files.filefront.com/EJvsKalecwmv ... einfo.html

My UI is in serious shambles, need to fix it :(
Krom

Postby lib3rator » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 pm

no more imba natural perfection :< and -20% on lifebloom :<
lib3rator

Postby Quaker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Finally marks can actually be used for something again! -

"Players can now turn in one of each battleground mark for an honor reward. The questgivers for this turn-in are the Horde Warbringer and the Alliance Brigadier General and can be found near the battlemasters in the capital cities."

Not that I'm much of a pvper anymore it'd be nice to clear 400 marks out of my bank.
Quaker

Postby Quaker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:01 am

Krom wrote:Nihilum is pretty much fucked for world firsts though!

Actually Krom, I have a rogue on Magtheridon and just go on it for pvp, about a few months ago when i last went on it Nihilum we're already prepared for the Sunwell patch. If you actually go on magtheridon for a few months when I was leveling my rogue before I got into serious raiding on me warrior, Nihilum is common knowledge, you know everything about them. But trust me, if you don't like spam in the city channels, that server is not for you because I swear every minute theres a new character made, runs up to Orgrimmar asking for Kungen or Nihilum. But it still stands, that server and it's battlegroup is outstanding for pvp on horde. You actually get a challenge compared to other servers where The Horde or The Alliance keep winning.
Quaker

Postby magic » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:36 am

I guess he meant the US would get a head start, and the first bosses are easy enough for the US guilds to take them down fast, especially if they know them from PTR
magic

Postby Suztang » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:14 am

ok...so i laughed a little when i saw these notes. why does blizzard waste time with things that dont matter when time and money could be invested into better fixes for example:

- Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, Blade's Edge Arena, Lordaeron Arena, and Nagrand Arena: Players who fall below the world in these environments will now die instead of being stuck.

ok...let me get this straight, instead of fixing the bug you just die now :roll:

- Zeppelin Master Zapetta will no longer become confused about whether the zeppelin in Orgrimmar is arriving or leaving.

LOL what? :roll:

- Ogri'la Peacekeeper's weapons have been scaled to a size more appropriate for keeping the peace.

why do i care.... :?

- Saber/Tiger Mounts will now make footprints when walking backwards in snow.

i think this has to be my favorite. this is what blizzard has waiting for us in 2.4? i wish i could have heard the conversation for these notes.....

Blizzard Boss: hey did you fix those tiger footprints yet?
Blizzard Employee: actually sir instead of doing that i came up with some new things that will help make the game run smoother and make it funner for players.
Blizzard Boss: does it have anything to do with tiger footprints?
Blizzard Employee:.....um....no
Blizzard Boss: your fired!
Blizzard Employee: :shock:

EDIT: nothin personal Blizzard i just like messing with ya! :lol:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby The Great JT » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:10 am

Geez, Sunwell Plateau was packed yesterday. Outside of Shattrath, I don't think I've EVER seen that many Alliance in one place on Darrowmere.

And that server's completely dead.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:44 am

back in computer class and bored so i'll think posting here would be a good time waster.

umm the shaman changes are kinda lame except i do love the totem GCD reduction and instant ghost wolf seems like it would be good but i keep forgetting to use it when i'm fighting.

pvp is now the best way to get epics. i got 6k honor in about 2 hours just doing AB. i ended up getting s3 chest and s3 ring in one day :D

before i came to class today i pvped for about 45 mins and got 2k honor. honestly i think if u dont have 350+ res in a couple weeks u are gonna get rolled by everyone else that does.

ALSO the sunwell thing seems to be something i wont be doing in a long time. enh shaman with no CC ftl </3
Dallas

Next

Return to WoW