2.4 today

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Suztang » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:52 am

Dallas wrote:back in computer class and bored so i'll think posting here would be a good time waster.

umm the shaman changes are kinda lame except i do love the totem GCD reduction and instant ghost wolf seems like it would be good but i keep forgetting to use it when i'm fighting.

pvp is now the best way to get epics. i got 6k honor in about 2 hours just doing AB. i ended up getting s3 chest and s3 ring in one day :D

before i came to class today i pvped for about 45 mins and got 2k honor. honestly i think if u dont have 350+ res in a couple weeks u are gonna get rolled by everyone else that does.

ALSO the sunwell thing seems to be something i wont be doing in a long time. enh shaman with no CC ftl </3

yea my wife is all happy cause mages got thier little buff :)
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Krom » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 am

magic wrote:I guess he meant the US would get a head start, and the first bosses are easy enough for the US guilds to take them down fast, especially if they know them from PTR

This.

It took us about 25 minutes to get the cobwebs out and actually not wipe like idiots to trash. Once we got rolling things kinda smoothed out. I think 4 serious attempts on Kalecgos before he died (we did 5 attempts I believe. 30% First try, 15% second try, "Fuck, the dragon is banished and no one is inside? Fuck. What was the demon at? 4%? FUCK." third try, "Oops, I got stuck outside the barrier :roll:" fourth try, and then the kill on our fifth). We had killed him on the PTR, however, we brought around 4 new people.

We also did 3 attempts on Brutallus before calling it a little early. One attempt around 26% without using consumables, lusts, drums, or any raid stacking. Should have him down tonight and then it's on to Felmyst!

Edit: For reference, I did not get stuck outside the barrier!
Krom

Postby Evilducks » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 am

Dallas wrote:ALSO the sunwell thing seems to be something i wont be doing in a long time. enh shaman with no CC ftl </3

What the hell does Sunwell have to do with CC? Our Enh shaman does fine in raids and we have plenty of mages for CC. Are you trying to raid it with 25 shaman? Or are you just being retarded and crying about random shit that have no relation to each other?
________
Silver Surfer Review
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Evilducks wrote:
Dallas wrote:ALSO the sunwell thing seems to be something i wont be doing in a long time. enh shaman with no CC ftl </3

What the hell does Sunwell have to do with CC? Our Enh shaman does fine in raids and we have plenty of mages for CC. Are you trying to raid it with 25 shaman? Or are you just being retarded and crying about random shit that have no relation to each other?

i should have been more specific. i was talking about the 5 man, magisters terrace. or whatever its called.
Dallas

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 am

just a note before i leave class, instant ghost wolf is becoming more useful now that i know its there. i haven't arena'd yet but in BG's its helpful to kite warriors and rogues.

another note, seeing as how honor is so easy to get now. (10k yesterday from 4 hours) i went from 300 to 374 res in a c ouple days :] hoping for 400 by friday.
Dallas

Postby Evilducks » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:17 am

Get a pally tank and you don't need CC. The only semi-legitimate complaint for shammies not having CC is for arenas. They're perfectly functional outside of that aspect of the game. A lot of classes can't use their CC in instances, thats nothing new.
________
DIPLOMAT
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Neth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 am

Blizzard wrote:* Stormstrike has a new icon.
* Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed.
o Gift of Arthas now stacks to 20.
* "Zapper Fuel" is now flagged as a Sunken Temple dungeon quest.
* Bloody Brass Knuckles, Eerie Stable Lantern, Baelog's Shortbow, and Snakeskin Bag have been upgraded to Superior items.
Creature versions of Intimidating Shout have been changed to Frightening Shout.

WOOOOOO!!!!
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby Dorgol » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 am

Neth wrote:
* Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed.
* Bloody Brass Knuckles, Eerie Stable Lantern, Baelog's Shortbow, and Snakeskin Bag have been upgraded to Superior items.

WOOOOOO!!!!

You forgot one.

Tiger mounts will now leave footprints.
When walking in snow.
Backwards.
Boulderfist (US), Alliance
Dorgol, 70 Warlock
Uldor, 70 Warrior
Doralen, 70 Paladin
Police, 70 Mage
Dorgol

Postby Neth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Ye got mentioned in another thread, aswell as some odd guard getting its weapons scale increased (?).

Neth

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Evilducks wrote:Get a pally tank and you don't need CC. The only semi-legitimate complaint for shammies not having CC is for arenas. They're perfectly functional outside of that aspect of the game. A lot of classes can't use their CC in instances, thats nothing new.

its not as big of a deal now then it was back when not everyone was in epics, i'll give u that. but play a shaman and you will notice how many groups ask for "DPS/CC."
Dallas

Postby Suztang » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:16 am

Dorgol wrote:
Neth wrote:

WOOOOOO!!!!

You forgot one.

Tiger mounts will now leave footprints.
When walking in snow.
Backwards.

yes take note that this was all more important than nerfing pallys :lol:

....IMO
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Tankorr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am

Dallas wrote:
Evilducks wrote:Get a pally tank and you don't need CC. The only semi-legitimate complaint for shammies not having CC is for arenas. They're perfectly functional outside of that aspect of the game. A lot of classes can't use their CC in instances, thats nothing new.

its not as big of a deal now then it was back when not everyone was in epics, i'll give u that. but play a shaman and you will notice how many groups ask for "DPS/CC."

This.

No one said the instances were hard, or that they required so much CC, but it's difficult to remove that stigma from an entire server's population. Despite being in some of the best gear available, I shouldn't have to continually defend/justify bringing myself to skeptical instance runners. It's bothersome and inconvenient.
Tankorr

Postby Dallas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:07 am

i dont usually run instances so i dont have to deal with what you do. i'm enhance pvp and trust me, it adds way too much stress to my day. BG's aren't so bad but my god arenas ><

anyways i'm glad i got another shaman's support on this because seeing as how every other DPS has [something]* only other shamans can relate.

*not dps warriors but warriors usually tank instead of DPS <3
Dallas

Postby Evilducks » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

Dallas wrote:*not dps warriors but warriors usually tank instead of DPS <3

Shaman usually heal instead of melee. Mages are the only real CC in instances.

Hunters and frost trap? If it breaks they're screwed, that CC isn't reliable.
Warlocks/Priests and fear? How often have you yelled at the last guy who feared a pack of mobs? I know I do all the damn time in instances.
Rogues and Sap? Doesn't last long enough and they get spotted if they suck.
Warriors? None.
Paladins? None.
Druids? Roots only work outdoors, and cyclone is too short for instances.
Mages and sheep? Hey, it's an actual CC, now don't break the damn thing.

Seriously guys, the grass is not greener on the other side. If you hate it so much then respec to resto and bind every key to skill heal and roll your face across the keyboard during instance runs.

The more you cry about it the more I think that they just don't want to take you on instance runs and it has nothing to do with your class.

but play a shaman and you will notice how many groups ask for "DPS/CC."

Thats funny, I was trying to get a dps warrior to go on an instance and he would only come if I brought a shaman. Same with the tanking warrior I tried to get. Since I heal that means some form of dps shaman and they knew that.

Alright. I've worked out my anger at this stupid whine. I'm sure you're glad to know I won't bother posting on the topic of how horrible life is for class x and why every other class is better than mine but I don't want to do anything about it but cry and hope somebody on anonymous forums will agree with me. Enjoy cutting yourselves so that you feel more alive.

Yes, I have anger issues, I don't go by 'evilducks' for nothing.
________
List of Honda assembly plants history
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Neth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:28 pm

I hate when people get serious. Life is so much more fun when everyone stops being serious :D

Neth

PreviousNext

Return to WoW