2.4 today

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Suztang » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Neth wrote:I hate when people get serious. Life is so much more fun when everyone stops being serious :D

shanagens!!! :lol:

sry if i spelled it wrong....im drunk
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Neth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Well... instead of stop being serious, we can indeed, like Suztang here, get drunk.

And then get unserious.

And then get laid.

Alcohol is wonderful.
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby Juonryu » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:07 am

Neth wrote:Well... instead of stop being serious, we can indeed, like Suztang here, get drunk.

And then get unserious.

And then get laid.

Alcohol is wonderful.

get drunk? get laid?
watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JyhtQlK_E .
and think it over o_0
Juonryu

Postby Neth » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:41 am

Juonryu wrote:
Neth wrote:Well... instead of stop being serious, we can indeed, like Suztang here, get drunk.

And then get unserious.

And then get laid.

Alcohol is wonderful.

get drunk? get laid?
and think it over o_0

Hmm... well that complicates matters...
Still worth the risk :lol:
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser

Neth

Postby Suztang » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Neth wrote:
Juonryu wrote:

And then get unserious.

And then get laid.

Alcohol is wonderful.

get drunk? get laid?
and think it over o_0

Hmm... well that complicates matters...
Still worth the risk :lol:

this is why im a proud member of MADMS (Mothers Against Drunken Monkey Sex)

because of my moral beliefs....and all the hot soccer moms at meetings :twisted:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby rvbtucker » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Back on topic.....can any rogues or mages tell me how this patch affects them? Good? Bad?
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Mcsham » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:05 am

rvbtucker wrote:Back on topic.....can any rogues or mages tell me how this patch affects them? Good? Bad?

Mages' Improved Blink now reduces chance to get hit by 25/50%, which is pretty much awesome and a must for any pvp build.
Mcsham

Postby magic » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:40 am

Evilducks wrote:Hunters and frost trap? If it breaks they're screwed, that CC isn't reliable.

If it breaks, they feign death, or put down a slowing trap so the tank can pick it up a little later. CC is not eternal anyway, it is a breathing space so the initial pull and first mob or two can be killed easier.

Evilducks wrote:Warlocks/Priests and fear? How often have you yelled at the last guy who feared a pack of mobs? I know I do all the damn time in instances.

Needs planning, but perfectly viable. Meaning, if you're gonna use it, pull back. I've done Shattered halls heroics with fears as the only cc, hectic but a lot of fun.

Evilducks wrote:Rogues and Sap? Doesn't last long enough and they get spotted if they suck.

Lasts 40 seconds, certainly more than enough to kill at least one mob, and then the tank will be easier able to pick up the sapped mob anyway. Like I said before, CC is not necessarily meant to be eternal, just making the initial pull easier. Yes, rogues can be spotted, but that's what vanish is for, to try again :D

Evilducks wrote:Druids? Roots only work outdoors, and cyclone is too short for instances.

Cyclone is too short to be a meaningful CC indeed, but for a druid that accidentally gets aggroed, or targeted by a broken CC, it is still a lifesaver that allows the tank to catch up to the mob, before he oneshots the druid. It is almost more comparable to priest fade than actual CC though.

Evilducks wrote:Mages and sheep? Hey, it's an actual CC, now don't break the damn thing.

Are you one of those "LF1M mage" kind of guys?
magic

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 am

^ <3

i was waiting for someone else to say something because i didn't want to seem like i was just being a dick.

i've played 2 hunters to 60 and a rouge + mage to 60 along with my shaman to 70.

the poster you quoted had irrelevent points. druids aresn't casted to a group to CC because they USUALLY tank or heal. priests USUALLY heal but there are a good amount of shadow (but they are for a mana battery not CC) if you get where i'm going, enh shaman are only DPS, but they have no CC to contribute :[
Dallas

Postby Krom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:45 pm

magic wrote:If it breaks, they feign death, or put down a slowing trap so the tank can pick it up a little later.

I'm kind of tired of one-sided whining only pointing out bad/good sides of a respective issue and ignoring the other, or whatever, so I don't went to get embroiled in this.

However, I had to quote this as one of the silliest comments I've seen that completely invalidated your entire post to me. If it breaks... just drop another goddamn trap to CC it again if your trap is up.
Krom

Postby Evilducks » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm

I had a post written out... realized it was rambling and making excuses, so I just decided to concede the point that hunters have mostly reliable CC.
________
Suzuki boulevard s83
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby magic » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 am

Krom wrote:
magic wrote:If it breaks, they feign death, or put down a slowing trap so the tank can pick it up a little later.

I'm kind of tired of one-sided whining only pointing out bad/good sides of a respective issue and ignoring the other, or whatever, so I don't went to get embroiled in this.

However, I had to quote this as one of the silliest comments I've seen that completely invalidated your entire post to me. If it breaks... just drop another goddamn trap to CC it again if your trap is up.

I don't know the ins and outs of hunters or traps, and I guess now you have pretty much ensured noone in the know will elaborate either, so I can keep on looking silly, but since you all but call me an idiot, I'll dare to make a small explanation why I wrote what I did anyway.

I was under the impression freezing trap had a 30 second cooldown - even if the hunter puts down the freezing trap some time before the pull - if the traps breaks early, or even worse, the mob resists, a new freezing trap will still likely be on cooldown - hence my comment about either using frost trap to slow them, or just feign. If the 30 second cooldown on freezing trap is up, that is a better choice of course - most hunters I see who have their freezing trap broken or resisted, start kiting though until the next freezing trap is available - with the help of a frost trap.

Anyway, as Evilducks already pointed out, hunters do have pretty reliable CC - not as spamable as mage sheep (as long as the target is a humanoid or beast) - so I'll certainly agree mage cc is the best choice if available - the first post was just a gut reaction.

As Evilducks also pointed out, forum posts can easily become rambling and excuses as well, case in point, the very post I am making :) Another gut reaction from having a quote singled out as silly, when for the life of me, I can't see why it was all that silly.
magic

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:32 am

wtb more things to do. i dont pve at all and i got all vind + glad weps. 2.4 made it super easy to get honor so all i got to do is play 10 games a week :[
Dallas

Postby Krom » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:53 am

All traps share the same cooldown. Frost and Freezing traps, thus, cannot be used at the same time except in rare circumstances (drop frost, wait 30 seconds to pull, when frost goes off, drop freezing, etc). I can effectively CC indefinitely, barring resists. Most hunters are just a whole lot of fail so you rarely if ever see competent ones do it.

The most effective way to trap a mob is 1) Melee mob and 2) Not fuck up.

Step 1: Drop freezing trap away from the rest of your group that you can easily pull the mob into.
Step 2: Wait 25 seconds to pull
Step 3: Pull mob into trap
Step 4: Immediately drop another trap between you and mob
Step 5: When it hits new trap, get 30 or so yards away (but still in range to dps the assist mob)
Step 6: When trap comes up, drop it.
Step 7: Return to step 5 until trapped mob becomes assist mob

The only thing that can fuck you is resists, pulling aggro, or being retarded. Also, if you have to feign, make sure you pick up aggro on the trapped mob without breaking the trap or you really fail.
Krom

Postby Lenrado » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Dallas wrote:wtb more things to do. i dont pve at all and i got all vind + glad weps. 2.4 made it super easy to get honor so all i got to do is play 10 games a week :[

I just do dailies. Running two 70s all over Outland and Quel'Danas, with spawn camping, takes several hours. That usually manages to keep me busy until real life intervenes.Then again, I'll probably be able to afford two titles by the end of phase two. Wouldn't be suprised if I had a turbo-charged roflcopter by the end of the event.
Lenrado-DPSer, DPSer, and all around scrub.

70 Rogue and Mage on Blackhand.
DEATH TO TABBYCAT
Lenrado

PreviousNext

Return to WoW